ADVERTISEMENT

Common Cents Reparation: Pennies for Greenwood

1 penny sales tax statewide to rebuild Greenwood and Black Wall Street

And how do you enforce that that funding goes to African Americans? Every national project that goes to rebuild the inner city areas leads to gentrification of those areas which prices out the African Americans who were there originally from living in the area. So great, lets rebuild Greenwood, just so it can look like Bricktown, Soho, or any other 'hip' urban area that's full of white liberals.

One penny sales tax. Not impossible at all.
Okay, let’s take a cursory look at your proposal, let’s quit clowning around and take it seriously. You want to make it a sales tax paid for by all Oklahoma residents.
1) Does that include black residents?
2) Does that include descendants of black victims of the massacre?
3) Why should residents of, say, Altus be expected to pay for an atrocity that took place hundreds of miles from them a hundred years ago?
4) How much money will need to be collected to fulfill your vision?
5) You want to restore Greenwood back to its glory days. Does that mean razing buildings that have been erected since the event?
6) Will the owners of the razed buildings receive recompense?
7) Will current residents that are not descendants be forced out? Will they receive recompense?
8) Will black-only construction companies be the only ones allowed to participate in the rebuilding?
9) Will the monies collected be set aside, untouched by any project unrelated to restoring Greenwood?
10) Who will oversee preserving the money when it is collected? Who will pay for the overseers? Will it come out of the set-aside tax revenue?
11) Who will oversee the reconstruction/restoration of Greenwood? Who will pay these
overseers? Will it also come from the taxes that are collected?
12) Who will determine who is an authorized descendant?
13) What will determine is an authorized descendant?
14) it’s been a century since the atrocity. What “blood percentage” will determine an authorized descendant?
15) Does your vision of the restoration mean the building of homes?
16) Are those homes earmarked for authorized descendants?
17) Do the descendants move in free of charge?
18) Are the homes fully furnished? Furniture, dishes, linens, etc.?
19) Does your vision include restoring a business district?
20) Do your answers on Questions 15-19 apply?

Here’s 20 questions that come off the top of my head. While you’re answering them I’ll compile another hundred or more. I want to take your proposal seriously. A serious proposal demands that serious questions be answered forthrightly. I look forward to what you have to say. I assume you have thought this through top to bottom, have considered ramifications and consequences, and are prepared to answer all questions in your goal of persuading people to sign on.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Quackpotup, you posted pictures of two buildings that are:

1. Not located in Greenwood.
2. Not part of OSU Tulsa. (They’re part of the Center for Health Sciences campus)

You might want to do a little reading of your own.
I am. And watching the documentaries. I just wonder what all the white descendants' reactions would have been 100 years later (i.e. today) if their ancestors--having been forcibly relocated by the government--had been massacred, buried in unmarked mass graves, after all their homes and businesses were bombed by private aircraft and burned to the ground..

Learning a lot...

And how do you enforce that that funding goes to African Americans? Every national project that goes to rebuild the inner city areas leads to gentrification of those areas which prices out the African Americans who were there originally from living in the area. So great, lets rebuild Greenwood, just so it can look like Bricktown, Soho, or any other 'hip' urban area that's full of white liberals.
Research

I am. And watching the documentaries. I just wonder what all the white descendants' reactions would have been 100 years later (i.e. today) if their ancestors--having been forcibly relocated by the government--had been massacred, buried in unmarked mass graves, after all their homes and businesses were bombed by private aircraft and burned to the ground..

Learning a lot...
So let me get this straight. Current white Oklahomans need to be held accountable for something that allegedly happened a century ago? Sounds like what the Serbs tried to do to the Bosniaks.

I know I have reminded all that the original spot was totally restored stronger than the original. Read comments from W.E.B. DuBois from 1926 and new book by Carlos Moreno “The Victory of Greenwood” to see that it wasn’t until Federal Urban Renewal and the Interstate Highways came in the 50s and 60s that Greenwood District was permanently changed.

Maybe that penny should come from Uncle Sam after they find the $400+ billion of the “stimulus” that they lost

So let me get this straight. Current white Oklahomans need to be held accountable for something that allegedly happened a century ago? Sounds like what the Serbs tried to do to the Bosniaks.

Makes sense. Some Dems are still arguing that the Palestinians are owed by the Israelis for their actions that date back to the days of the bible.

Here’s a thought, why not shut the **** up when you don’t know what you are talking about????? You do it nonstop and it’s quite pathetic, even for a dumb bitch like you
With that rule your post count would be zero. Move along junior. Oh, don’t you owe me $500 on a bet?

No, no, no you don’t have it straight. A penny sales tax would apply to everyone of every race, including blacks, and including descendants of blacks that were massacred. So those folks would be paying for their own reparations. Not to mention the influx of Mexican immigrants who are descendants of people who didn’t even live here at the time.

I'd be more than happy to--1 penny for every dollar I spend in Oklahoma.
That’s the govt putting your money where your mouth is. Can you not do it on your own? Would you be more than happy if it were 100 or 1000 dollars for every dollar instead of a penny?

I got a degree from OSU. My wife graduated from OSU. Both my parents and my wife were born in Oklahoma. My GG made the Run of '93. Yes I live in Texas, graduated HS 7 miles from Oklahoma, in Oklahoma a lot, paid sales taxes in Oklahoma all my life. Penny on the dollar aint gonna hurt anybody. We all can afford that. After all--We're all Okies.
WTF are you blathering about?

No, no, no you don’t have it straight. A penny sales tax would apply to everyone of every race, including blacks, and including descendants of blacks that were massacred. So those folks would be paying for their own reparations. Not to mention the influx of Mexican immigrants who are descendants of people who didn’t even live here at the time.
Ya know, that’s probably fair that they pay their own reparations. I did some reading up, and it appears that the violence very well may have been initiated by a black mob, stoked by the media. Maybe add some sort of windfall tax on media outlets, too.

WTF are you blathering about?
burnishing my Okie creds--did I mention my wife, myself and both her parents, my dad, my uncle, two bros and a cousin also graduated from OSU? I am more than qualified to suggest solutions to Oklahoma problems :)btw are you familiar with the "sooner" generating station? I built that mofo!!!

6VOEE65.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know, that’s probably fair that they pay their own reparations. I did some reading up, and it appears that the violence very well may have been initiated by a black mob, stoked by the media. Maybe add some sort of windfall tax on media outlets, too.
I tell you who else would like this idea--Will Rogers.
Makes "Common sense"

burnishing my Okie creds--did I mention my wife, myself and both her parents, my dad, my uncle, two bros and a cousin also graduated from OSU? I am more than qualified to suggest solutions to Oklahoma problems :)btw are you familiar with the "sooner" generating station? I built that mofo!!!

6VOEE65.jpg
Of course you did. And I built the Hoover dam. Or at least most of it. Had to leave before completion to go build the Sears tower.

Will Rogers would say make the people who actually committed the wrongful acts pay for the damage. THAT is common sense.

What if Granpappy Cup killed some soldiers or accidentally killed some civillians in Europe during WW2 and those Families want Cup Jr to pay for that loss, what do you do? Settle or let them sue you? What happens when you are no longer around and they come after your kids or your estate after you die? Just instruct the kids to give them whatever they ask for?

What if Granpappy Cup killed some soldiers or accidentally killed some civillians in Europe during WW2 and those Families want Cup Jr to pay for that loss, what do you do?
I'm under the impression that the Greenwood massacre included the commission of innumerable criminal acts that were actively covered up even aided by state and local government. Maybe you have some different information to share?

And to the #****tard who keeps throwing the word allegedly into their Greenwood posts - yeah you - **** off.

I'm under the impression that the Greenwood massacre included the commission of innumerable criminal acts that were actively covered up even aided by state and local government. Maybe you have some different information to share?

And to the #****tard who keeps throwing the word allegedly into their Greenwood posts - yeah you - **** off.

Shouldn't the same apply to Antufa and BLM? Shouldn't they pay for all their damage and destruction and murder?

6VOEE65.jpg

Obama said you didn't build that.

With that rule your post count would be zero. Move along junior. Oh, don’t you owe me $500 on a bet?
You’re fat ass shouldn’t be posting either. I don’t owe you shit, and you know it. But, a liberal sell out like yourself will keep lying about money owed. Find me in Stillwater, fat ****

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT