ADVERTISEMENT

Common Cents Reparation: Pennies for Greenwood

I’m curious, do we want segregated neighborhoods and communities? We are raising taxes to have a separate but equal community for blacks? And this is being proposed by cowboyup a democrat?

The more things change, my my my how they do stay the same. Lo fvcking l. Double the budget money for water fountains cup!

1 penny sales tax statewide to rebuild Greenwood and Black Wall Street

Why not make it a National tax. That way you can pay it as well. Why are you so stingy?

Or, this is even better. Have the IRS put on ALL tax returns a box that people can check. If they check the box their tax return can go to reparations for Greenwood and Black Wall Street. I’m sure there would be plenty of money after one year of voluntary tax returns.

Random guy from Texas. “You Oklahomans should pay more for something that you weren’t alive for and had nothing to do with so people who weren’t alive when it happened can rebuild.”

Oklahomans. “Why?”

Random guy from Oregon. “I love that idea. Oklahomans really are dumb and I don’t live in that state either so I agree with the guy from Texas.”

Oklahomans. “That makes no common sense. Two guys from out of state telling us how we should raise our state taxes for something we had no part of.”

Random Texan. “Duh youOkies. It’s called common cents.”

I’m curious, do we want segregated neighborhoods and communities? We are raising taxes to have a separate but equal community for blacks? And this is being proposed by cowboyup a democrat?

The more things change, my my my how they do stay the same. Lo fvcking l. Double the budget money for water fountains cup!
Not at all.
Restore the architecture.
Locate families of original home, property and business owners.
See what happens when overnight Tulsa--and OSU Greenwood-- becomes model for race relations and one of great destination cities in the world.

e4T7eYm.jpg

Last edited:

Fun fact: That’s the NE corner of 17th & Southwest Blvd.

The Tandy building is located just out of frame to the left (behind the tree).

Neither are located in the Greenwood District and are on the opposite side of downtown, on the other side of the Arkansas River.

QuackpotUp, you might want to stick to foaming for adding Houston to the Big XII.

Random guy from Texas. “You Oklahomans should pay more for something that you weren’t alive for and had nothing to do with so people who weren’t alive when it happened can rebuild.”

Oklahomans. “Why?”

Random guy from Oregon. “I love that idea. Oklahomans really are dumb and I don’t live in that state either so I agree with the guy from Texas.”

Oklahomans. “That makes no common sense. Two guys from out of state telling us how we should raise our state taxes for something we had no part of.”

Random Texan. “Duh youOkies. It’s called common cents.”
I got a degree from OSU. My wife graduated from OSU. Both my parents and my wife were born in Oklahoma. My GG made the Run of '93. Yes I live in Texas, graduated HS 7 miles from Oklahoma, in Oklahoma a lot, paid sales taxes in Oklahoma all my life. Penny on the dollar aint gonna hurt anybody. We all can afford that. After all--We're all Okies.

Neither are located in the Greenwood District and are on the opposite side of downtown, on the other side of the Arkansas River.

QuackpotUp, you might want to stick to foaming for adding Houston to the Big XII.
OK my bad...what part of OSU is located near Greenwood?

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
Not at all.
Restore the architecture.
Locate families of original home, property and business owners.
See what happens when overnight Tulsa--and OSU Greenwood-- becomes model for race relations and one of great destination cities in the world.

e4T7eYm.jpg

I don’t understand. You want this to be black families and black owned businesses or not?

Reactions: OUSOONER67

You might want to read about the OSU-Tulsa campus. On Greenwood Avenue.
MekW14p.jpg

Here’s a thought, why not shut the **** up when you don’t know what you are talking about????? You do it nonstop and it’s quite pathetic, even for a dumb bitch like you
Because I already pay taxes in Oklahoma. I know descendants of people who lived in Greenwood and lost their homes. My brother is part black, part white and part native American and lives in Tulsa.
It's of interest to me.

Last edited:
Personally I think this is a brilliant proposal. But unfortunately the reparations stop too soon. Once the taxes have been collected, the deserving recipients have been identified (there’d be no fraud or corruption there!), the district has been rebuilt and the reparation recipients have been settled into the new Greenwood, then the new residents of the new Greenwood District should be taxed via the same method, the new residents should be removed from the land and the new Greenwood District should be leveled and returned to the state of nature it was in when the land was forcibly taken from the Cherokee Indians who had been forcibly moved there and told the land would be theirs in perpetuity. The blacks of the old Greenwood District were obvious beneficiaries of Black Privilege when they illegally settled on land properly owned by American Indians. Restitution and reparations are in order. Then and only then will the world be properly settled on its axis.

Personally I think this is a brilliant proposal. But unfortunately the reparations stop too soon. Once the taxes have been collected, the deserving recipients have been identified (there’d be no fraud or corruption there!), the district has been rebuilt and the reparation recipients have been settled into the new Greenwood, then the new residents of the new Greenwood District should be taxed via the same method, the new residents should be removed from the land and the new Greenwood District should be leveled and returned to the state of nature it was in when the land was forcibly taken from the Cherokee Indians who had been forcibly moved there and told the land would be theirs in perpetuity. The blacks of the old Greenwood District were obvious beneficiaries of Black Privilege when they illegally settled on land properly owned by American Indians. Restitution and reparations are in order. Then and only then will the world be properly settled on its axis.
I believe the Native Americans owned the slaves who were moved to Oklahoma with the Trail of Tears. They (the formerly enslaved black "freedmen") were relocated to Greenwood where they were ordered by US govt. to live. Black Wall Street was what they built.

if I start a stupid thread about the subject you can ask me.

I’ll ask again, do you want this district to be rebuilt for black families and black owned businesses or not? Are you advocating for seperate but equal communities? It’s obvious you are, but because your testicles are the size of grape nuts, you won’t articulate it.

I believe the Native Americans owned the slaves who were moved to Oklahoma with the Trail of Tears. They (the formerly enslaved black "freedmen") were relocated to Greenwood where they were ordered by US govt. to live. Black Wall Street was what they built.
Ah, but not all Cherokees owned slaves. So the government should research which descendants of slave owning Cherokees (that lived in what is now known as the Greenwood District) exist, and they should not be allowed reparations. But the descendants of the innocent non-slave-owning Cherokees from what is now known as the Greenwood District should be given back what was taken from them in the name of Black Privilege and in the state of nature condition it was in at the time it was forced away from them. And the blacks that enjoyed the benefits of moving in when the Cherokee’s were moved out should be the ones that pay. Fair is fair. Anyone who disagrees with this righteous policy is a blood sucking racist. Are you a blood sucking racist?

Reactions: CBradSmith
Ah, but not all Cherokees owned slaves. So the government should research which descendants of slave owning Cherokees (that lived in what is now known as the Greenwood District) exist, and they should not be allowed reparations. But the descendants of the innocent non-slave-owning Cherokees from what is now known as the Greenwood District should be given back what was taken from them in the name of Black Privilege and in the state of nature condition it was in at the time it was forced away from them. And the blacks that enjoyed the benefits of moving in when the Cherokee’s were moved out should be the ones that pay. Fair is fair. Anyone who disagrees with this righteous policy is a blood sucking racist. Are you a blood sucking racist?
No the blacks had no options. They were forced to live in Greenwood. Where they built Black Wall Street.

Great post illustrating how impractical “fair” is and all the nonsense that goes with it. Like mr osu said cowboy up just needs to put his money where his mouth is

No the blacks had no options. They were forced to live in Greenwood. Where they built Black Wall Street.
No one questions the miracle of Black Wall Street. But it was built on land given to them illegally. The land had been guaranteed to the Cherokees when they were forcibly removed from their native land. The government didn’t tell them they couldn’t have slaves or they would have the land taken from them. The government told them they could live on the land as they pleased for as long as the rivers flowed. I’m pretty sure the Arkansas River is still flowing. Black Wall Street was an amazing accomplishment. But it should never have been where it was. It’s outrageously racist for you not to understand that. You need to check your privilege!

No one questions the miracle of Black Wall Street. But it was built on land given to them illegally. The land had been guaranteed to the Cherokees when they were forcibly removed from their native land. The government didn’t tell them they couldn’t have slaves or they would have the land taken from them. The government told them they could live on the land as they pleased for as long as the rivers flowed. I’m pretty sure the Arkansas River is still flowing. Black Wall Street was an amazing accomplishment. But it should never have been where it was. It’s outrageously racist for you not to understand that. You need to check your privilege!
Not the blacks fault they were removed from their homes in the deep south and driven like cattle to Oklahoma. And ordered to live in Greenwood. Outrageously racist for you to not comprehend that.

I’m sorry you take my nonsense seriously. The point I’m trying to make is reparations are an impossible and ridiculous attempt at forcing people alive today to make amends for atrocities committed by people now long dead. Hell, if reparations are a proper standard of making amends the Comanches could never repay. They ran roughshod from deep in Mexico to the Upper Plaines, from Arizona to Texas and Oklahoma, murdering, raping, pillaging anyone they came across. What happened in Tulsa one time was committed by Comanche bands thousands of times over hundreds of years. It’s interesting that you have taken such notice of what happened one time in Tulsa but have never mentioned making today’s Comanches make reparations. Why is that?

Reactions: cableok
Blacks were just following orders. The ones who didn't got lynched. The ones who did got bombed.

I’m sorry you take my nonsense seriously. The point I’m trying to make is reparations are an impossible and ridiculous attempt at forcing people alive today to make amends for atrocities committed by people now long dead. Hell, if reparations are a proper standard of making amends the Comanches could never repay. They ran roughshod from deep in Mexico to the Upper Plaines, from Arizona to Texas and Oklahoma, murdering, raping, pillaging anyone they came across. What happened in Tulsa one time was committed by Comanche bands thousands of times over hundreds of years. It’s interesting that you have taken such notice of what happened one time in Tulsa but have never mentioned making today’s Comanches make reparations. Why is that?
One penny sales tax. Not impossible at all.

Why are we leaving out the Osage and Wichitas? They were really screwed when the Cherokees signed that treaty to take over their ancestral lands, which of course the Osage had forcibly taken over from another tribe prior to any recorded history.

We've been repaying indians for a century with no cessation in sight, what's a little $$ to the surviving families gonna hurt?

I think it should be levied against white, rural farmers from perkins.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
You might want to read about the OSU-Tulsa campus. On Greenwood Avenue.
MekW14p.jpg

Quackpotup, you posted pictures of two buildings that are:

1. Not located in Greenwood.
2. Not part of OSU Tulsa. (They’re part of the Center for Health Sciences campus)

You might want to do a little reading of your own.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT