ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Pendleton

That’s fantastic! He should help that program. He has strong west coast ties and has a very good reputation as a young and up and coming coach.

Isn't there an unwritten, message board rule that you never put a name only in the heading?

Glad it was good news.

Congrats, Chris.

I'm not sure there has been a time where I was more upset watching an OSU match than his Big XII tourney match against Robbie Waller. I remember we pulled his RS late in the season and he'd really turned a corner. I thought he had a good chance to shock the world at NCAAs.

Isn't there an unwritten, message board rule that you never put a name only in the heading?

Glad it was good news.

Congrats, Chris.

I'm not sure there has been a time where I was more upset watching an OSU match than his Big XII tourney match against Robbie Waller. I remember we pulled his RS late in the season and he'd really turned a corner. I thought he had a good chance to shock the world at NCAAs.
If remember correctly pretty sure he was wrestling dinged up/injured by then.

Great hire for the other orange OSU.

If John would have finagled shirting Chris like Cael does now, Ben Askren would have been a 1 timer and Chris Pendleton might have been one of the best 3 timers ever.
Didn't Chris replace an injured wrestler when coming off RS?

Didn't Chris replace an injured wrestler when coming off RS?
Yes. His redshirt was pulled when Ty Wilcox tore his ACL. Big 12s in Stillwater. I recall the injury happening off of the whistle in SV. Waller jumped the whistle and caught Chris flat footed and lock kneed. Chris was a fairly unheralded freshman and Waller was ranked top 4 in the country. Chris still got an at large bid but exited quickly wrestling on his torn up knee.

Yes. His redshirt was pulled when Ty Wilcox tore his ACL. Big 12s in Stillwater. I recall the injury happening off of the whistle in SV. Waller jumped the whistle and caught Chris flat footed and lock kneed. Chris was a fairly unheralded freshman and Waller was ranked top 4 in the country. Chris still got an at large bid but exited quickly wrestling on his torn up knee.
And hence the references above to what Cael has done & pulling the RS etc are just not accurate or relevant here. And he did pretty darn well next 3 years while injury free.

And hence the references above to what Cael has done & pulling the RS etc are just not accurate or relevant here. And he did pretty darn well next 3 years while injury free.
Yes sir. The year he placed third, he led the tournament in team points scored. Scored more than any of the champs or runner-ups. His blood round match against Fee of App State was incredible. Fee gave his all and wrestled a gutty match reversing Chris twice but was still majored.

Reactions: Pacemaker5
I am pretty sure what happened was the match with Waller went to OT and Chris took him down right away but the person running the clock didnt set the time correctly so the take down was waved off and they restarted the clock and after the restart is when Chris tore his ACL.

I am pretty sure what happened was the match with Waller went to OT and Chris took him down right away but the person running the clock didnt set the time correctly so the take down was waved off and they restarted the clock and after the restart is when Chris tore his ACL.
I bet you are right. At least I had OT, something off the whistle, and knee injury right. Another 15 years or so and I will have a really wild tale to tell.

I thought Chris learned a lot in the Semi's his sophomore year. HIs opponent ran to the edge and avoided 2 or 3 close takedowns, but Chris came back in the consolations like a beast. He didn't leave anything to the referees to decide after that...and he had the skill to back it up.

I bet you are right. At least I had OT, something off the whistle, and knee injury right. Another 15 years or so and I will have a really wild tale to tell.

LOL I was there and thats how I remembered it but I might not be exactly right either. Was younger then annd my memory was better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT