ADVERTISEMENT

China Threatens To Nuke Japan, Biden Silent

DeafeningPhysicalAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

I am also wondering what kind of country would have a first use policy.

I’m not trying to be argumentative, but what would you have Joe Biden say in response?

Sure you are, just change the President to Trump and tell us all how you would react.

Remember it was you leftist that told us all with the election of Biden the US was once again the respected world leader. As usual you leftist were wrong again as Biden has yet to come out with anything in opposition to China or in support of one of our strongest allies.

Sure you are, just change the President to Trump and tell us all how you would react.

Remember it was you leftist that told us all with the election of Biden the US was once again the respected world leader. As usual you leftist were wrong again as Biden has yet to come out with anything in opposition to China or in support of one of our strongest allies.
Actually I wasn’t. I’m not sure what Biden could say that would help. I’m not sure American threats carry the same weight they once did. Saber rattling may not frighten the Chinese as much as we think. And it seems to me it would be a grievous mistake to increase the tension. Maybe the best approach is to say nothing. Or if Biden did say something it could be a little conciliatory, something along the lines of a pointed request for China to tone down the rhetoric before things get out of control. That’s what I would recommend. What do you recommend?

Actually I wasn’t. I’m not sure what Biden could say that would help. I’m not sure American threats carry the same weight they once did. Saber rattling may not frighten the Chinese as much as we think. And it seems to me it would be a grievous mistake to increase the tension. Maybe the best approach is to say nothing. Or if Biden did say something it could be a little conciliatory, something along the lines of a pointed request for China to tone down the rhetoric before things get out of control. That’s what I would recommend. What do you recommend?
At this point, I wouldn't count on Biden being able to keep the two countries straight.

You don't think things are already out of control when a country like China threatens to use nuclear weapons? That kind of rhetoric should not be tolerated by anyone under any circumstance. I would tell China to STFU and start pulling every dollar we can out of the their country.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
You don't think things are already out of control when a country like China threatens to use nuclear weapons? That kind of rhetoric should not be tolerated by anyone under any circumstance. I would tell China to STFU and start pulling every dollar we can out of the their country.
I think the rhetoric is heating up, and it would be dangerous to incentivize it to get worse. The Chinaman obviously got out over his skies. A stern non-blinking admonition to knock off with the threats might have better results than ordering them to STFU. How would you go about pulling every dollar you can out of the country? For one thing they have massive - MASSIVE - leverage since they have financed much of our government’s overspending. That would bring international trade and international supply chains to a screeching halt, which would cause tremendous economic disequilibrium, could possibly cause a world wide depression, which could be the spark that starts a nuclear holocaust. I’m pretty sure neither one of us wants that.

For one thing they have massive - MASSIVE - leverage since they have financed much of our government’s overspending.
They are just bond holders at this point and completely at our mercy.

all you need to understand is that china's endgame is a world under china's rules and system. because of their growth in economic and military power they might achieve it. add to that the US has tried to bargain their way to appeasement.
add to that that the US just "bargain" to allow germany to complete the russian gas pipeline. the US is just a shadow of it's former self.

Reactions: FTWpoke
all you need to understand is that china's endgame is a world under china's rules and system. because of their growth in economic and military power they might achieve it. add to that the US has tried to bargain their way to appeasement.
add to that that the US just "bargain" to allow germany to complete the russian gas pipeline. the US is just a shadow of it's former self.
What is your prescription for redemption?

I think the rhetoric is heating up, and it would be dangerous to incentivize it to get worse. The Chinaman obviously got out over his skies. A stern non-blinking admonition to knock off with the threats might have better results than ordering them to STFU. How would you go about pulling every dollar you can out of the country? For one thing they have massive - MASSIVE - leverage since they have financed much of our government’s overspending. That would bring international trade and international supply chains to a screeching halt, which would cause tremendous economic disequilibrium, could possibly cause a world wide depression, which could be the spark that starts a nuclear holocaust. I’m pretty sure neither one of us wants that.

We pull dollars out of China by first incentivizing companies to move their manufacturing facilities elsewhere preferably the US. If that doesn't work the way we want, penalize companies doing business in China. For way to long China has been sucking money out of the US to build their military and gain world dominance, time for that to come to a screeching halt.

Reactions: iasooner2000
We pull dollars out of China by first incentivizing companies to move their manufacturing facilities elsewhere preferably the US. If that doesn't work the way we want, penalize companies doing business in China. For way to long China has been sucking money out of the US to build their military and gain world dominance, time for that to come to a screeching halt.
Of what would those incentives consist? Are you familiar with the economic Law of Comparative Advantage? In very simple terms it says that in international trade every country has an advantage in at least one economic sector, whether it is easy access to a natural resource, or maybe a labor force well trained at a particular service. When it began liberalizing its economy China quickly recognized it has a huge comparative advantage with a moderately well educated work force capable of handling repetitive chores like assembling an Apple phone. And its labor force was willing and eager to perform those chores for much less cost than anywhere else. They very quickly applied their comparative advantage and began swallowing up “factory” jobs. American companies flocked to the cheaper labor force. (It turns out they paid a separate unexpected price, but that’s another story). Anyway the point is the toothpaste is out of the tube and it can’t be put back in. Like it or not trade is global now. Free trade can’t function when countries are warring with each other. If we want peace on our planet we need to keep calm and work things out diplomatically. Going off half cocked with knee-jerk fury that “we’ll show them who has a bigger dick” is not a recipe for success.

Just one idea.
With the government demands placed on employers to provide all the different benefits that drive up the cost of labor I wouldn't have a problem with the government covering some of those cost as an incentive. I would even go so far as to be willing to pay more taxes if it meant more manufacturing jobs here in the US, along with massive cuts to our poverty programs. No need for the massive spending on poverty programs when we have tens of millions of manufacturing jobs available. We would also see a massive reduction in crime by keeping those living in poverty busy making a living instead of having all the time in the world to get into trouble. Get these people to work, help them build some self esteem by them providing for themselves and we could solve a bunch of our problems. I've never had a problem giving anyone a hand up but I m done giving hand outs.

This is ridiculous, under Biden we will most certainly be diminished militarily but there is no doubt by any world power that the USA still possesses the military power to devastate any military or an entire country.

You man up and tell bullies like China that when they harm one ally they will feel pain that that will be intolerable to their military and economy.

Bullies always back down to the tougher opponent. But gutless politicians and globalists like Ponca Dan who are willing to surrender to countries like China to save a buck will shake in their boots and let them continue their global domination agenda.

Just one idea.
With the government demands placed on employers to provide all the different benefits that drive up the cost of labor I wouldn't have a problem with the government covering some of those cost as an incentive. I would even go so far as to be willing to pay more taxes if it meant more manufacturing jobs here in the US, along with massive cuts to our poverty programs. No need for the massive spending on poverty programs when we have tens of millions of manufacturing jobs available. We would also see a massive reduction in crime by keeping those living in poverty busy making a living instead of having all the time in the world to get into trouble. Get these people to work, help them build some self esteem by them providing for themselves and we could solve a bunch of our problems. I've never had a problem giving anyone a hand up but I m done giving hand outs.
That’s a fine idea. Personally I don’t think it is workable, but I commend you for thinking outside the box.

This is ridiculous, under Biden we will most certainly be diminished militarily but there is no doubt by any world power that the USA still possesses the military power to devastate any military or an entire country.

You man up and tell bullies like China that when they harm one ally they will feel pain that that will be intolerable to their military and economy.

Bullies always back down to the tougher opponent. But gutless politicians and globalists like Ponca Dan who are willing to surrender to countries like China to save a buck will shake in their boots and let them continue their global domination agenda.
I’ll ignore the personal insults to my character, and just say responding to unlikely military threats by one country with ratcheted up unlikely military threats of your own is not a solution. Tensions are high enough for the Chinese official to say what he said. It is not helpful to respond in kind, or with greater threats.

That’s a fine idea. Personally I don’t think it is workable, but I commend you for thinking outside the box.
Oh it's workable but would require an American First type of thinking along with creativity. Just the government covering the employer share of Social Security, workmen's Comp and Unemployment insurance could be a huge incentive for business to move back to the US. Add in a few temporary tax breaks for moving facilities back to the US would get even more.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I’ll ignore the personal insults to my character, and just say responding to unlikely military threats by one country with ratcheted up unlikely military threats of your own is not a solution. Tensions are high enough for the Chinese official to say what he said. It is not helpful to respond in kind, or with greater threats.
Yes give them a pass that's the way to stop it.

They are testing the worlds resolve and we failing miserably.

What is it about standing up to China that makes you a pacifist? You don't want tariffs to equal the playing field, you don't want to counter their bluster with bluster? What is it about China that you think they need to be handled like children?

This coddling baffles me.

Yes give them a pass that's the way to stop it.

They are testing the worlds resolve and we failing miserably.

What is it about standing up to China that makes you a pacifist? You don't want tariffs to equal the playing field, you don't want to counter their bluster with bluster? What is it about China that you think they need to be handled like children?

This coddling baffles me.
You are not listening. No one is suggesting coddling or appeasement. I’m saying countering their vocal bluster with even louder bluster of our own will not achieve our goal. Biden could threaten their existence, which IMO would not be taken seriously, or he could simply to tell them to knock it off with the threats. Speak softly because both of you know you carry a big stick, if you will. There is no need to wave it around, it tends to lose its panache when you do.

Had a friend today tell me a friend of his in the National Guard hasn't been paid in Months? Anybody else heard this? Is the Guard broke?

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT