ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic University Displays Painting of George Floyd as Jesus

Youve given an answer that doesn’t make sense.
It makes absolute sense if one accepts the separation of church and state.

We don't live in a theocracy. How many times does this need to be repeated to you too?

You’re saying that your faith teaches you an unborn baby is human but that you don't believe in forcing your faith on all Americans.
FTFY

This isn't hard to understand at all.

🤣🤣

So then when Pope Saint John Paul II did it, it was acceptable. But not Pope Francis huh?

You just make it so easy to expose your hypocrisy.😎
Because I know where JPG’s heart was, and I know where Francis’ heart is. Francis is a “performer”, much like various televangelists that have fallen over the decades.

Reactions: iasooner2000
It makes absolute sense if one accepts the separation of church and state.

We don't live in a theocracy. How many times does this need to be repeated to you too?

FTFY

This isn't hard to understand at all.
Bullshit. An unborn baby is either human or he isn’t. If he is, then he deserves human rights. You clearly don’t believe that he deserves human rights.

Because I know where JPG’s heart was, and I know where Francis’ heart is.
No, your political ideology allowed you to accept Pope Saint John Paul II. Pope Francis challenges your political ideology on a number of levels, and therefore you have to attack and belittle him. Even when he follows in the footsteps of Pope Saint John Paul II (who btw made Francis a cardinal and who knew Francis' heart a lot better than you ever will).

Your true religion is your hateful political ideology. This has been proven over and over again.

No, your political ideology allowed you to accept Pope Saint John Paul II. Pope Francis challenges your political ideology on a number of levels, and therefore you have to attack and belittle him. Even when he follows in the footsteps of Pope Saint John Paul II (who btw made Francis a cardinal and who knew Francis' heart a lot better than you ever will).

Your true religion is your hateful political ideology. This has been proven over and over again.
My “political ideology” is the product of my Catholic faith, dumbass.

No it isn't. Your political ideology has little in common with Catholicism.
Two Catholic parents, four Catholic grandparents, eight Catholic great grandparents, Catholic school from K-12. In my lifetime, the left has always been the antithesis of my Catholic upbringing, and it continues to be. Also, I have known no priests or bishops in that time that agree with Francis’ butt-kissing of the left. In fact, they all lean decidedly to the right, and roll their eyes at the leftism of the pope and the USCCB.

• Sad
No, I want all innocent people to be free to live out their lives, including the unborn. Unlike you.
🤣🤣

Love how you inserted the term "innocent." This is your way around the Church's teaching on the death penalty, of course.

Your political ideology trumps the Church's teaching on the death penalty too.

Last edited:
Two Catholic parents, four Catholic grandparents, eight Catholic great grandparents, Catholic school from K-12.
And this matters why?

Sounds similar to what the Pharisees said to Jesus.

Also, I have known no priests or bishops in that time that agree with Francis’ butt-kissing of the left. In fact, they all lean decidedly to the right,
Maybe you need to talk with more priests and bishops then. Every priest and bishop I've known loves Francis. I was just talking with a Monsignor this week who was recounting his experiences in meeting Francis. He spent time studying in Rome and said Francis is exactly what we see, a man filled with love, mercy, and compassion. America politics never once came up in the discussion.

I've also never heard a priest speak ill of Francis (or any other Pope for that matter) in my presence or at any parish I've attended. And if I did, I sure wouldn't return to his parish.

and roll their eyes at the leftism of the pope and the USCCB.
🤣🤣

Now you are attacking the USCCB because they didn't do what your American political side wanted them to do.

As I've stated, your religion is your political ideology.

Last edited:
This is the point 2 penny man is missing: George Floyd WAS NOT Jesus.
Everyone knows this. The painting is art, and as the artist said, "The common question that people asked was, ‘Is it George Floyd or Jesus?’ The fact they’re asking that question is part of the problem."

btw, it isn't just the fact that the painting equates Floyd with Jesus that bothers some right-wingers. It is also that the blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus are not portrayed as white.

Do you believe it is blasphemy to portray the blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus as white in art, when they were not white?

Everyone knows this. The painting is art, and as the artist said, "The common question that people asked was, ‘Is it George Floyd or Jesus?’ The fact they’re asking that question is part of the problem."

btw, it isn't just the fact that the painting equates Floyd with Jesus that bothers some right-wingers. It is also that the blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus are not portrayed as white.

Do you believe it is blasphemy to portray the blessed Virgin Mary and Jesus as white in art, when they were not white?
Interesting.

People in the west have been getting it wrong with Jesus and art for centuries.

Some think it's blasphemous to even attempt to do Jesus art in any color.

And this matters why?

Sounds similar to what the Pharisees said to Jesus.

Maybe you need to talk with more priests and bishops then. Every priest and bishop I've known loves Francis. I was just talking with a Monsignor this week who was recounting his experiences in meeting Francis. He spent time studying in Rome and said Francis is exactly what we see, a man filled with love, mercy, and compassion. America politics never once came up in the discussion.

I've also never heard a priest speak ill of Francis (or any other Pope for that matter) in my presence or at any parish I've attended. And if I did, I sure wouldn't return to his parish.

🤣🤣

Now you are attacking the USCCB because they didn't do what your American political side wanted them to do.

As I've stated, your religion is your political ideology.
It matters because I’m far more in line with traditional Catholicism. You’re in line with anti-capitalist 60s counter culture vomit.

It matters because I’m far more in line with traditional Catholicism.
You are in line with American far right-wing ideology. Neo-fascism.

Stop trying to equate that ideology with Catholicism. You do a disservice to the Church when you do.

You are in line with American far right-wing ideology. Neo-fascism.

Stop trying to equate that ideology with Catholicism. You do a disservice to the Church when you do.
I’m in line with traditional Americanism, and not the “woke” leftism that excuses killing unborn babies, buggery, rioting, history revision, wealth redistribution, collectivism, and the rest of your leftist tripe.

I’m in line with traditional Americanism
At least you are finally getting closer to admitting you are advocating/defending American far right-wing political ideology and not Catholicism.

As I've stated, your religion is your reactionary political ideology.

At least you are finally getting closer to admitting you are advocating/defending American far right-wing political ideology and not Catholicism.

As I've stated, your religion is your reactionary political ideology.
So America is traditionally a far right wing country?

And killing unborn babies, buggery, rioting, history revision, marxism, collectivism, and wealth redistribution (not to be confused with charity) are all in line with Catholicism?

Are you now starting to understand why people throw pennies at you?

So America is traditionally a far right wing country?
No.

But you embrace an American far right-wing political ideology. You are a reactionary and a neo-fascist. This is the political agenda you push and you attempt to fit Catholicism into that political ideology. What you think fits, you accept. What doesn't, you reject, attack, and claim as not true Catholicism.

It all comes back to your political ideology. That is your religion.

My statement:

Your response:

You are equating traditional Americanism, and traditional Catholicism with right-wing ideology. Not surprising, since you brand anyone a fascist who disagrees with your left-wing, marxist, woke garbage. Hope those pennies don't leave bruises.

My statement:

Your response:

You are equating traditional Americanism, and traditional Catholicism with right-wing ideology.
No I am not. That is what you are trying to do.

Your first statement is exactly the type of statement that an American reactionary far right-winger would make. That is why I responded with the comment I gave. Your statement revealed your real commitment. You are trying to equate your American political ideology with Catholicism and trying to make Catholicism fit within that political ideology. What you can't make fit, you reject as not "true" Catholicism and attack (e.g. the Church's teaching on the death penalty, USCCB's refusal to do the bidding of your political side, any Pope who doesn't kneel at the altar of your American political ideology, etc.)

It is very clear to see what you are trying to do.

Your first statement is exactly the type of statement that an American reactionary far right-winger would make. That is why I responded with the comment I gave. Your statement revealed your real commitment. You are trying to equate your American political ideology with Catholicism and trying to make Catholicism fit within that political ideology. What you can't make fit, you reject as not "true" Catholicism and attack (e.g. the Church's teaching on the death penalty, USCCB's refusal to do the bidding of your political side, any Pope who doesn't kneel at the altar of your American political ideology, etc.)

So toon's a god believing catholic now? How special is that?

Dude, nobody takes you seriously.

Yes. My real commitment is to the traditions of Catholic America. We don't believe that the law should protect the right to kill unborn children. We don't believe that unrepentant buggerists are just another normal sexual demographic. We don't believe in forced wealth redistribution. And we firmly believe that certain criminals are so evil so as to warrant their amputation from existence. Even JPG and Benedict left open the possibility that some criminals might actually deserve death.

Yes. My real commitment is to the traditions of Catholic America. We don't believe that the law should protect the right to kill unborn children. We don't believe that unrepentant buggerists are just another normal sexual demographic. We don't believe in forced wealth redistribution. And we firmly believe that certain criminals are so evil so as to warrant their amputation from existence. Even JPG and Benedict left open the possibility that some criminals might actually deserve death.

I'm a Methodist, but I get it that you're trying to explain Catholicism to a jack-off-idiot. Good luck!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT