ADVERTISEMENT

carfax report

Steven Seagal

Redshirt
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2011
Reading the thread about the f150's has convinced me to get one. Only holdup is some dufus hit me on the highway a month ago and I wanted to see if that's showing up on the carfax report so I can assess how much I can get for my trade-in. Does anyone have the ability to pull a free carfax report for me?

Reading the thread about the f150's has convinced me to get one. Only holdup is some dufus hit me on the highway a month ago and I wanted to see if that's showing up on the carfax report so I can assess how much I can get for my trade-in. Does anyone have the ability to pull a free carfax report for me?

1. First, get the VIN for the car
  2. Then search for dealer autocheck inurl:vin
  3. Click on the first search result (right now it leads to an autoexact.com site, but this trick works with other sites as well)
  4. Replace the VIN in the URL with your own. Note that if there's any other information after the VIN, such as an id=####, just replace the VIN and keep the other info intact.

1. First, get the VIN for the car
  2. Then search for dealer autocheck inurl:vin
  3. Click on the first search result (right now it leads to an autoexact.com site, but this trick works with other sites as well)
  4. Replace the VIN in the URL with your own. Note that if there's any other information after the VIN, such as an id=####, just replace the VIN and keep the other info intact.

That is brilliant!!!!! And it works, I had to test it out.

Reactions: ThorOdinson13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT