ADVERTISEMENT

Car speaker help

JJ4OSU

Redshirt
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
I need some advice from anyone who knows something about car speakers. I have a nephew that just got his first truck and is asking for sub-woofers for christmas. He'd be satisfied with a single sub-woofer and hope grandparents can pay for part of the needed amp. He's matured a lot, working hard and has turned into a really good kid...so if I can, I'd like to go ahead and get him a package deal of a pair of sub-woofers and an amp.

Thing is, he doesn't really know exactly what he wants, I just don't know much about them, and internet research only gets you so far. So, hoping for some advice.

So, any ideas what would be a good package for a regular cab Dodge truck?

Hoping to get quality at as low a price as possible...

Best options @ $200, $250, $300, $350...best bang for buck?...like to stay at $250 or less if possible to get something solid, & hate to go over $350...he's not that good a kid, lol. If I can't get quality at those prices, what is the level where we can get something decent?

Thanks for any help.
Jeff

Amp and installation (box) is more important than the speaker.

You can have a great speaker and rattle if those aren't proper.

Oh, my Lawton days...

Reactions: russgoodman
I assume RF, Kicker and Alpine are all still staples.

For a pickup the box will be super important. I had a 20'' Digital design in my truck for a while up until some punks stole it all. In my wife's car I had two kicker 12's I think it was and a kicker amp in a box. I like digital design and kicker personally. As adverpoke said amp and box are where you need to invest the most in also he can always trade up later on the speakers. They are real easy to swap out also so he could even do the change himself.

@JJ4OSU

Easy solution. Find a good car stereo installation shop in whatever city he lives in. Buy him a $250 gift card/gift certificate. He can then pick the equipment he likes and get professional installation. If he wants to upgrade, he can kick in some of his own cash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT