ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol Officer died of natural causes

wyomingosualum

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes after Jan. 6 riot, examiner says​

Federal officials arrested and charged two men last month with assaulting Sicknick​

By Megan Henney | Fox News

U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick suffered two strokes and died of natural causes the day after he confronted rioters during the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to Washington's top medical examiner.

The chief medical examiner, Francisco Diaz, said Monday that an autopsy of Sicknick found no evidence the 42-year-old suffered an allergic reaction to chemical irritants. Diaz ruled the Sicknick, 42, died from "acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis."

NEW YORK TIMES CORRECTS REPORT ON CAPITOL OFFICER'S DEATH CITED IN TRUMP IMPEACHMENT TRIAL

The medical examiner's report showed that Sicknick was sprayed with a chemical substance around 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 6 and collapsed at the Capitol around 10 p.m. that evening. He died around 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 7, according to the examiner's office.

Diaz told the Washington Post, which first reported the news, that the Jan. 6 events "played a role in his condition."

Federal officials arrested and charged two men last month with assaulting Sicknick with bear spray during the riot. Julian Elie Khater, 32, of State College, Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, each faced an array of charges, including assaulting a federal officer with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to injure an officer, although authorities stopped short of charging them with his death.

• Brian-Sicknick-sharp.jpg

next
      Image 1 of 4
      Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick(US Capitol Police)
    Each assault charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Law enforcement officials initially said that Sicknick was struck by a fire extinguisher -- an idea perpetuated by The New York Times in a February report that was quietly updated one month later. U.S. Capitol Police later said Sicknick had "succumbed to his injuries" after defending the building, although questions lingered about the cause of death.

Sicknick, who joined the force in 2008, "was injured while physically engaging with protesters," Capitol Police said. "He returned to his division office and collapsed. He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries."

Sicknick was one of five people who died after a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, interrupting the electoral count that certified Joe Biden as the victor of the November election. About 140 officers were injured in the siege, according to the Capitol Police officers' union.
    At the beginning of February, the officer was honored in the Capitol Rotunda, where President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden were among those to pay their respects.

Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes after Jan. 6 riot, examiner says​

Federal officials arrested and charged two men last month with assaulting Sicknick​

U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick suffered two strokes and died of natural causes the day after he confronted rioters during the Jan. 6 insurrection, according to Washington's top medical examiner.

The chief medical examiner, Francisco Diaz, said Monday that an autopsy of Sicknick found no evidence the 42-year-old suffered an allergic reaction to chemical irritants. Diaz ruled the Sicknick, 42, died from "acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis."

NEW YORK TIMES CORRECTS REPORT ON CAPITOL OFFICER'S DEATH CITED IN TRUMP IMPEACHMENT TRIAL

The medical examiner's report showed that Sicknick was sprayed with a chemical substance around 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 6 and collapsed at the Capitol around 10 p.m. that evening. He died around 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 7, according to the examiner's office.

Diaz told the Washington Post, which first reported the news, that the Jan. 6 events "played a role in his condition."

Federal officials arrested and charged two men last month with assaulting Sicknick with bear spray during the riot. Julian Elie Khater, 32, of State College, Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, each faced an array of charges, including assaulting a federal officer with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to injure an officer, although authorities stopped short of charging them with his death.

next
      Image 1 of 4
    Each assault charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Law enforcement officials initially said that Sicknick was struck by a fire extinguisher -- an idea perpetuated by The New York Times in a February report that was quietly updated one month later. U.S. Capitol Police later said Sicknick had "succumbed to his injuries" after defending the building, although questions lingered about the cause of death.

Sicknick, who joined the force in 2008, "was injured while physically engaging with protesters," Capitol Police said. "He returned to his division office and collapsed. He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries."

Sicknick was one of five people who died after a pro-Trump mob stormed the U.S. Capitol, interrupting the electoral count that certified Joe Biden as the victor of the November election. About 140 officers were injured in the siege, according to the Capitol Police officers' union.
    At the beginning of February, the officer was honored in the Capitol Rotunda, where President Biden and First Lady Jill Biden were among those to pay their respects.

So.... any idea why the guy had strokes after this episode? Just coincidental?

next
      Image 1 of 4

And I see lots of conservatives criticizing media, the capitol police, politicians, but not much chatter about the actual rioters. Why is that?

• Haha
Reactions: Alpha Woke
So.... any idea why the guy had strokes after this episode? Just coincidental?

Any idea why the NY Times put out a story that he was beat with a fire extinguisher that was then picked up as gospel by the rest of the MSM?
It baffles me how people that claim to be the educated smart part of society continue to allow themselves to be so easily manipulated by the MSM.

And I see lots of conservatives criticizing media, the capitol police, politicians, but not much chatter about the actual rioters. Why is that?
I looked at fbi.gov last night and they have charged what looks to me like a couple hundred people, mostly disorderly conduct and trespassing type charges. Fine by me. Lots of pictures there of yet unknown people. They deserve to be punished.

The two pepper sprayers remain in custody. Good by me. Although 20 years in prison seems overboard to me.

You good with that?

WTF? We’ve criticized the antifa(ggots) who infiltrated the protest and started the riots ad infinitum. As usual, your line of sight was obscured by the inner wall of your rectum.

I looked at fbi.gov last night and they have charged what looks to me like a couple hundred people, mostly disorderly conduct and trespassing type charges. Fine by me. Lots of pictures there of yet unknown people. They deserve to be punished.

The two pepper sprayers remain in custody. Good by me. Although 20 years in prison seems overboard to me.

You good with that?

Well, if thats the sum total of it. And the ones supposedly thwre to kill congress members? What do you think the zip ties were for?

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Well, if thats the sum total of it. And the ones supposedly thwre to kill congress members? What do you think the zip ties were for?
I don’t know if the zip ties were for show or part of a “citizen’s arrest” plan or what. Stupid, though. If this was truly a plot to overthrow the government, then it was the most under thought plan in history. Pretty sure those are the people facing the heavier charges.

“Hey Goober, let’s go inside the capitol and tear the sign off Nancy Pelosi’s door” isn’t a solid plan.

We were way behind the leftards in that regard and still have a lot of catching up to do. It was just our turn for once.

"Our turn."

So much for antifa doing it. I'm glad one of you finally dropped the pretense of not identifying with the incel rioters.

(Video of rioters with zip ties, screaming they're gonna overturn the election, looking for politicians)

Whari: The MSM is duping you.

I don’t know if the zip ties were for show or part of a “citizen’s arrest” plan or what. Stupid, though. If this was truly a plot to overthrow the government, then it was the most under thought plan in history. Pretty sure those are the people facing the heavier charges.

“Hey Goober, let’s go inside the capitol and tear the sign off Nancy Pelosi’s door” isn’t a solid plan.

Well, yeah, it's the "or what" that's the problem. There were so many statements against interest.... what do they do after some "citizen's arrest"? Have a trial? Do an isis thing?

"Our turn."

So much for antifa doing it. I'm glad one of you finally dropped the pretense of not identifying with the incel rioters.

(Video of rioters with zip ties, screaming they're gonna overturn the election, looking for politicians)

Well, yeah, it's the "or what" that's the problem. There were so many statements against interest.... what do they do after some "citizen's arrest"? Have a trial? Do an isis thing?
The lack of armaments, lack of a feasible plan, zero supplies for a long term occupation lead me to seriously discount the “or what”. But you never know about Goober and Gomer, so I’ll throw it in as a possibility.

"Our turn."

Do you even know WTF point you’re trying to make? Because nobody else around here does.

Reactions: iasooner2000
"Our turn."

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT