ADVERTISEMENT

Can you take prescription meds to Mexico?

Wally12

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2007
We will have a party of 18 leaving for Mexico the 22nd. Many in our party take prescription meds, some of which include Adderall, Xanax, anti-depressants, the diet pill Phentermine, and a nightly shot a lady must give herself for osteoporosis. What are the rules regarding bringing prescription meds into Mexico? I have read some horror stories of people being thrown in Mexican jail for trying to bring different things in. Thanks!

Taking anything TO Mexico won't be an issue.

If anyone buys let's say, xanax, while in Mexico and tries to bring it back, you'll definitely get effed with if us customs decides to single you out and search your suitcase (about a 2% chance of that happening).

As long as their meds are labeled, they won't have a problem.

We will have a party of 18 leaving for Mexico the 22nd. Many in our party take prescription meds, some of which include Adderall, Xanax, anti-depressants, the diet pill Phentermine, and a nightly shot a lady must give herself for osteoporosis. What are the rules regarding bringing prescription meds into Mexico? I have read some horror stories of people being thrown in Mexican jail for trying to bring different things in. Thanks!
As long as the meds are labeled with THEIR name they are good to go.

This is the dumbest question of all time. Not only can you take anything you want to mexico, you can buy anything you want in Mexico for much cheaper prices without a prescription at the Pharmacy's.

This is the dumbest question of all time. Not only can you take anything you want to mexico, you can buy anything you want in Mexico for much cheaper prices without a prescription at the Pharmacy's.

You're being an asshole for no good reason.

Reactions: poke2001
I travel to mexico all the time. I used to bring stuff, then I learned anything I wanted was available for nothing and stopped brining stuff. So **** you JD, **** you Long duc racist Asian Mother****er and every last stupid **** that has the audacity to like a post slamming me for telling truth to people.

I travel to mexico all the time. I used to bring stuff, then I learned anything I wanted was available for nothing and stopped brining stuff. So **** you JD, **** you Long duc racist Asian Mother****er and every last stupid **** that has the audacity to like a post slamming me for telling truth to people.

Hahahahahahaahahahahaah! Triggered! Did you find that wi-fi signal yet?

Last edited:

Wally asked the question because she didn't know....and you were an asshole to her for no good reason.

I don't give a fvck how many times you've been Mexico for your off brand horse roids, you were an asshole. You could have just answered her without being an asshole to her. Well...that's probably beyond you, but the average decent human being could have.

How's that lake wi-if working out for you loser?

Last edited:
Reactions: poke2001
Detox is a mother isn't it.

For the most part, you can purchase prescription medications in Mexico without a prescription. You can also cross those meds back to the US. That’s why thousands of people cross the border to Mexico – purchase discount pharmacy drugs. Sometimes, the savings are up to 80% on certain meds from Mexico. This is especially helpful if you don’t have good prescription medication insurance. Pharmacy management software is of no importance here. The only exception is you can’t bring back meds that are on the controlled substance list. Also, many of these medications in the controlled substance list are not sold in a regular Mexican pharmacy. Furthermore, the meds from Mexico have to be in their original containers. Border agents could check for the packaging to verify contents.

Last edited:
Phentermine is an incredible diet pill. I’ve never taken it, but I know people that have and the difference is incredible. Any in your party have any heart issues since?

Will someone please point me in the direction of the “lake wi-fi” thread…thanks in advance.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
You're being an asshole for no good reason.
You were right. Even more mortified since the OP is an awesome poster and from what I hear a great ass kicking softball coach. Sometimes I post without thinking, and I just read the post and laughed at the premise because Mexico is clearly not at all concerned with what people bring in. I apologize.

Reactions: Renegade Bullet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT