ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get a thread devoted to Senate updates?

Oct 31, 2022
I haven't been spending enough time on the Senate races. I think we forget, but Pubs having solid numbers in the Senate will be vital to Trump's success if he wins, as his confirmation hearings will happen in the Senate. Remember in his first term, it took like 18 months for him to get all his nominees confirmed thanks to Dems in the Senate stonewalling. We will need to get the confirmations knocked out ASAP.

I believe most are saying Pubs will retake the Senate, but what are the numbers looking like? How many new faces, and did Trump endorse them? Anyone know who has been following the races?

I haven't been spending enough time on the Senate races. I think we forget, but Pubs having solid numbers in the Senate will be vital to Trump's success if he wins, as his confirmation hearings will happen in the Senate. Remember in his first term, it took like 18 months for him to get all his nominees confirmed thanks to Dems in the Senate stonewalling. We will need to get the confirmations knocked out ASAP.

I believe most are saying Pubs will retake the Senate, but what are the numbers looking like? How many new faces, and did Trump endorse them? Anyone know who has been following the races?
It does look like Republicans take control. RCP has them at 51. Down ballots are critical for taking more, but there are some tight races. If many that vote Trump would go down ballots then your looking at more. So far turn out favors Republicans in early voting and dem numbers are down 10 to 15%. If that trend holds the senate will have a lot more seats turn red. It's all about turn out and enthusiasm. Trump is a big reason why many have a shot. There are at least two dem senate candidates that are now running on I cooperated with Trump in thier Comercial.

It does look like Republicans take control. RCP has them at 51. Down ballots are critical for taking more, but there are some tight races. If many that vote Trump would go down ballots then your looking at more. So far turn out favors Republicans in early voting and dem numbers are down 10 to 15%. If that trend holds the senate will have a lot more seats turn red. It's all about turn out and enthusiasm. Trump is a big reason why many have a shot. There are at least two dem senate candidates that are now running on I cooperated with Trump in thier Comercial.
Yeah, Baldwin, Causey and Slotkin are all doing that. I think all 3 are incumbent Dems.

We need to get a solid majority, 55-45 would be perfect, no idea if that's possible. I think 51-49 isn't really a majority when you account for RINOs like Romney still being around.

Yeah, Baldwin, Causey and Slotkin are all doing that. I think all 3 are incumbent Dems.

We need to get a solid majority, 55-45 would be perfect, no idea if that's possible. I think 51-49 isn't really a majority when you account for RINOs like Romney still being around.
It's in the realm of possibility. The numbers for early voting are no longer conjecture they are true up to date polling data.

It's in the realm of possibility. The numbers for early voting are no longer conjecture they are true up to date polling data.
I've been following the early voting numbers and they are insanely good for pubs vs 2020. Some of that is obviously because Dems bought into the covid scare and voted early in 2020, but it doesn't explain all of it. There clearly seems to be more enthusiasm among pubs vs Dems this time.

I think I've heard Republicans could end up with up to 56 seats in the Senate if Republicans turn out and vote Republican down ballot. West Virginia is pretty much a lock, Tester (D) should be out in Montana, Sherrod Brown (D) is looking venerable in Ohio, Elissa Slotkin (D )in Michigan is closer than I thought it would be, Bob Casey (D) in Pennsylvania is panicked enough to be running ads he's buddies with Trump, Tammy Baldwin (D) in Wisconsin is doing the same, Arizona is pretty much lost as people don't seem to like Karrie Lake (R), Jackie Rosen (D )seems to have the advantage in Nevada, I think Cruz (R) hangs on in Texas and who knows how those wackos in Maryland vote. If things go right for Republicans they could hold as many as 56 seats but anything 51 or above is all we need.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT