ADVERTISEMENT

Can We At Least Agree This Soft Approach To Crime Is Not Working?

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

Seems like every week if not everyday we hear about another case where some POS criminal has committed a crime while out on "no cash" bail or some ridiculously lenient sentence. Since this approach started crime rates are up dramatically especially in Democrat run cities that have elected Soros backed DAs. I don't have any issue giving people a second chance but after they screw that up I fully believe in erring on the side of protecting the law abiding innocent citizens and lowering the boom on the scumbag. I'm all in favor of the three strike rule and giving that person the maximum sentence the law allows with little to no chance for parole. IMO those that follow the law and are productive members of society deserve to live in cities where crime is not tolerated.

Reactions: capanski
My new theory is the more free a society is with the more enlightened approaches & generous approaches to law enforcement the more jails you need.

past records especially with felonies should be absolutely included in new trials for repeat offenders. There comes a time when repeat offenders forfeit their right to ever walk free among normal humans. Law abiding citizens & their safety should always Trump the rights of scumbag recidivistic criminals. No excuse for this BS you see going on now and while I feel sorry for most of the innocents caught up in this shit, many voted for this nonsense or buried their heads and let this nonsense happen.

The truest tragedy of all is that many of the scumbag minorities are preying on their innocent minorities brethren. Not a peep out of the media, the libs or the normal folks. Just the virtue signaling whenever someone not a minority knocks off a minority wrongly or justly.

what’s most troubling is the number of these feral animals who sit around and videotape these attacks to post on social media.

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy

Leftist policies destroying cities all over the country. Glad I live outside Fort Worth and don't have to put up with this BS but as the urban sprawl expands I maybe forced to move out further away from it.

My new theory is the more free a society is with the more enlightened approaches & generous approaches to law enforcement the more jails you need.

past records especially with felonies should be absolutely included in new trials for repeat offenders. There comes a time when repeat offenders forfeit their right to ever walk free among normal humans. Law abiding citizens & their safety should always Trump the rights of scumbag recidivistic criminals. No excuse for this BS you see going on now and while I feel sorry for most of the innocents caught up in this shit, many voted for this nonsense or buried their heads and let this nonsense happen.

The truest tragedy of all is that many of the scumbag minorities are preying on their innocent minorities brethren. Not a peep out of the media, the libs or the normal folks. Just the virtue signaling whenever someone not a minority knocks off a minority wrongly or justly.

what’s most troubling is the number of these feral animals who sit around and videotape these attacks to post on social media.
A free society has to have enforced laws to exist as anarchy is not freedom. Do not associate freedom with anarchy they are two separate things. Under anarchy the strongest get to make the rules so there ends up still being laws just enforced by the strongest.

A free society has to have enforced laws to exist as anarchy is not freedom. Do not associate freedom with anarchy they are two separate things. Under anarchy the strongest get to make the rules so there ends up still being laws just enforced by the strongest.

Don’t let Ponca Dan see this…

Seems like every week if not everyday we hear about another case where some POS criminal has committed a crime while out on "no cash" bail or some ridiculously lenient sentence. Since this approach started crime rates are up dramatically especially in Democrat run cities that have elected Soros backed DAs. I don't have any issue giving people a second chance but after they screw that up I fully believe in erring on the side of protecting the law abiding innocent citizens and lowering the boom on the scumbag. I'm all in favor of the three strike rule and giving that person the maximum sentence the law allows with little to no chance for parole. IMO those that follow the law and are productive members of society deserve to live in cities where crime is not tolerated.

Would you please enlighten me re: a specific list of cities where crime is not tolerated?

Just one would be sufficient lol

So fvcking stupid

Carry on

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Would you please enlighten me re: a specific list of cities where crime is not tolerated?

Just one would be sufficient lol

So fvcking stupid

Carry on
Better question clown would be why is crime so much higher in blue cities/states? Think carefully before you release yer bowels of an answer. 👍

Why you don't care. You are like most every leftist out there, as long as you are not effected everything is fine.
As a "professional tourist", I offered myself as a tour guide to white liberals in Belle Gardens, Camden, Jersey City, Gary, East Cleveland, Baltimore, South Chicago, Detroit to show right up close what Democrat leadership does. I never got a taker.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Better question clown would be why is crime so much higher in blue cities/states? Think carefully before you release yer bowels of an answer. 👍

Mississippi — a state that neither conjures up weak on crime images nor Democratic officeholders — topped the charts with a 2020 murder rate twice that of blue Illinois, thrice that of bluer California, and four times that of bluest New York. The red states of Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama and Missouri rounded out the top five and each had murder rates at least six times Massachusetts, four times New Jersey and just shy of twice that of Michigan. These blue states are home to the “crime-is-out-of-control” cities you read about daily — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston, Newark and Detroit. They generate the headlines, the outrage and the political backlash.

Yet, media coverage is essentially mum about Lexington, Kentucky, which has set back-to-back murder records, has a homicide rate twice that of New York City and has a Republican mayor. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have Republican mayors, a Republican governor and murder rates that dwarf that of Los Angeles. Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2020 with its Republican mayor, governor and a stratospheric homicide rate that if it were matched in New York City would’ve added more than 1,000 murders that year.

And to top it off, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) Bakersfield, the largest city in Kern County and one with a Republican mayor — with overwhelming Trump support and not a whiff of flirtation with defund the police movements.”

carry on

Your disconnect from the OP is light years, as usual.

Maybe….OR….far more likely…..

The OP’s rhetoric is yet again hollow AF and simply more selective outrage spawned from choking down another pale attempt at “OwNiNg ThE LiBs” from a “news” site that conveniently fails to report on cities that don’t trigger the fvck out of you conservatives lol.

There’s a term for this…it’s called…echo chamber.

Carry on

Mississippi — a state that neither conjures up weak on crime images nor Democratic officeholders — topped the charts with a 2020 murder rate twice that of blue Illinois, thrice that of bluer California, and four times that of bluest New York. The red states of Louisiana, Kentucky, Alabama and Missouri rounded out the top five and each had murder rates at least six times Massachusetts, four times New Jersey and just shy of twice that of Michigan. These blue states are home to the “crime-is-out-of-control” cities you read about daily — Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Boston, Newark and Detroit. They generate the headlines, the outrage and the political backlash.

Yet, media coverage is essentially mum about Lexington, Kentucky, which has set back-to-back murder records, has a homicide rate twice that of New York City and has a Republican mayor. Tulsa and Oklahoma City have Republican mayors, a Republican governor and murder rates that dwarf that of Los Angeles. Jacksonville was the murder capital of Florida in 2020 with its Republican mayor, governor and a stratospheric homicide rate that if it were matched in New York City would’ve added more than 1,000 murders that year.

And to top it off, the homicide rate in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) San Francisco was half that of House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) Bakersfield, the largest city in Kern County and one with a Republican mayor — with overwhelming Trump support and not a whiff of flirtation with defund the police movements.”

carry on
The more you know the less likely you look like an idiot.

carry on
Crime is a problem everywhere but there is no doubt it's increased under the current Democrat administration. I'll speak for Tulsa. Violent crime in Tulsa is primarily committed in a few very specific areas of town and it is overwhelmingly committed by minorities against other minorities. The majority of crime committed outside those areas are primarily by the homeless.

People here feel mostly safe but there is no doubt people are taking more precautions. I blame the increase in homeless population, not just here but across the country.

Ask yourself an honest question, would you feel safer living in Tulsa, OKC or in Chicago, LA, New York, New Orleans, Philadelphia, I could go on, but we all know the answer.

Crime is a problem everywhere but there is no doubt it's increased under the current Democrat administration. I'll speak for Tulsa. Violent crime in Tulsa is primarily committed in a few very specific areas of town and it is overwhelmingly committed by minorities against other minorities. The majority of crime committed outside those areas are primarily by the homeless.

People here feel mostly safe but there is no doubt people are taking more precautions. I blame the increase in homeless population, not just here but across the country.

Ask yourself an honest question, would you feel safer living in Tulsa, OKC or in Chicago, LA, New York, New Orleans, Philadelphia, I could go on, but we all know the answer.

ccp/dnc dave will tell you and quote statistics that shawnee is more violent than chicago

its not crime we are fighting

it’s the level of ccp/dnc dave stupid that willfully promulgates crime

Yeah, dig into the red state murder problem presented in the article and I’m guessing the murderers are primarily blue voters…especially for the states in their top ten

This.

I think you are asking a misleading question. There are plenty of neighborhoods in Chicago, LA, etc. in which the residents have no more fear of crime than Tulsa or OKC. Take Portland as an example. While the data on the murder rate looks to be skyrocketing I doubt our friend @davidallen has been affected in the least, has no more concern than I have living in Edmond, OK. I do assume that "blue" neighborhoods have much more crime than "red." And I do agree that Democrat-run administrations appear to ignore what is happening in their "blue" neighborhoods. Why should they care? They know they'll get those votes no matter what, all they have to do is spout the same rhetoric of righteous indignation that has worked for decades. So the safer route for them is to keep the "red" neighborhoods relatviely crime-free and they'll continue to be re-elected.

carry on
Well now yer talkin per capita not overall numbers. Try again.

Leftist don't want an honest conversation that finds solutions. They just want to use the problem as a political hammer.

I agree and I guarantee you red states have fewer murders than blue state metropolis's. It a no brainer. Blue state metropolis's are a concentration of uneducated folk dependant on the tit. Shit britches and Kamala sure sold these mooks out. Nancy will surely reply here shortly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT