ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Teske in the Portal

JAY45

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002
One prediction has him going to Michigan State or Oregon State due to graduate degree pursuit.

Either way, has to be a blow for Northern Iowa and the Big 12.

He supposedly left PSU because he was homesick. Maybe he has outgrown that or maybe it was not even true, but I would not be surprised to see him stay in Iowa somewhere. Which leave Iowa or ISU as the likely choices..

Apparently he wants to go up to 133. Doubt this is the reason he's leaving... although I think Biscoglia is damn good too... but this has been said as a reason why Iowa is an option as he could immediately slot at 133 there.

At some point, these programs taking one year gap fills and taking a year of eligibility from young guys is going to have to be a problem, right? For Iowa, they lost Henson because they went and got Real Woods. They'll almost certainly lose Schreiver if they bring in Teske. Even if this is the case, they'lll You'd think that coaches not having much loyalty to the guys they recruited out of high school would come back and bite them at some point.

Apparently he wants to go up to 133. Doubt this is the reason he's leaving... although I think Biscoglia is damn good too... but this has been said as a reason why Iowa is an option as he could immediately slot at 133 there.

At some point, these programs taking one year gap fills and taking a year of eligibility from young guys is going to have to be a problem, right? For Iowa, they lost Henson because they went and got Real Woods. They'll almost certainly lose Schreiver if they bring in Teske. Even if this is the case, they'lll You'd think that coaches not having much loyalty to the guys they recruited out of high school would come back and bite them at some point.
This is partially why the Leach football plan might actually make sense and perhaps a smaller scalled down $s version could work for some on the non revenue sports but it'll prop never happen.

Couple of possible faulty assumptions here. You'd have to assume that Teske is an upgrade over a healthy Schriever...I don't know that he is. He's an Iowa kid though and if he wants to give it a shot at Carver, I'd welcome him. Good depth.

As for bringing in Real, I know that he was seriously kicking the tires on Iowa when Stanford canceled their program. When it got reinstated, it gave him time to finish his undergrad and he was right back kicking the tires again. IMO, you always take a proven AA/incoming top 3 guy over an unknown variable. That's just a business decision. Also, I don't know that Wyatt couldn't make the cut to 33 to compete with Schriever. He wrestled freestyle at 61kg. I don't know if Real Woods was the factor in him deciding to transfer.

Couple of possible faulty assumptions here. You'd have to assume that Teske is an upgrade over a healthy Schriever...I don't know that he is. He's an Iowa kid though and if he wants to give it a shot at Carver, I'd welcome him. Good depth.

As for bringing in Real, I know that he was seriously kicking the tires on Iowa when Stanford canceled their program. When it got reinstated, it gave him time to finish his undergrad and he was right back kicking the tires again. IMO, you always take a proven AA/incoming top 3 guy over an unknown variable. That's just a business decision. Also, I don't know that Wyatt couldn't make the cut to 33 to compete with Schriever. He wrestled freestyle at 61kg. I don't know if Real Woods was the factor in him deciding to transfer.

#dream program

I was talking to Parker Kekeisen's Dad and he said he has not signed with anyone and thinks he may stay at Northern Iowa. that may be wishful thinking.

Is OSUMatFan talking about Keckeisen or Teske? I took it as him talking to the dad about Teske.
I was talking to Keckeisen's father (who was wearing his UNI hat as was Parker). He said that Teske has not signed with anyone and thought he might stay.

Keckeisen is not going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT