ADVERTISEMENT

BP

NeekReevers

Heisman Candidate
Dec 17, 2002
If I owned any stock in BP I’d be selling it this morning. I just listened to their CEO on CNBC talking about reducing their production 40% over the next ten years and bragging about a reduced E&P budget. I understand they are trying to move to renewables but I’m just not sure how profitable or even workable that will be for them. I’m sure a lot of folks are slapping him on the back and congratulating him for his vision but I’m skeptical as to how successful it will be from a business standpoint.

If I owned any stock in BP I’d be selling it this morning. I just listened to their CEO on CNBC talking about reducing their production 40% over the next ten years and bragging about a reduced E&P budget. I understand they are trying to move to renewables but I’m just not sure how profitable or even workable that will be for them. I’m sure a lot of folks are slapping him on the back and congratulating him for his vision but I’m skeptical as to how successful it will be from a business standpoint.

get woke go broke

You have to be incredibly careful who you make your ceo. Some people put wokeness over the best interests of their companies.

Their stock might actually increase as their fossil fuel use declines. Just saying. Lots of green investors out there wanting places to put their money.

P66 isn't going away from our primary mission of refining petroleum. But we are also courting green investors with some of our high profile initiatives. We are moderating our stance a bit from BP. But there is logic in their course.

I see the logic. I think the implementation is going to be much more complicated and much less profitable than what BP investors are used to seeing.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
AchingDaringHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

Great call. Not.

@Rdcldad - up 10% in 2 weeks. I'd take that month in, month out.

You jerkoffs can try to outwoke each other all you want. The energy potential of “renewables” simply isn’t there. If it were, weapons designers would have figured out how to use them to destroy cities by now.
That's....probably the best arguement I have heard on that. All I can say is.....yup.

lol. Have these dipshyts even had a high school physics class? They probably think that jet propulsion is nothing more than a big fan spinning really fast. 🙄
The majority of thrust on a commercial airliner comes from a big fan spinning really fast.

Reactions: Syskatine
Nope. Just knowing how a jet engine works (hint: no propulsion without combustion), unlike you and Occasional Cortex.
True or false: The majority of thrust on a commercial airliner comes from a big fan spinning really fast.

just so you guys can argue some more...here is a cutaway of a P&W jet engine. Nothing touches.i.e., no metal touches. It's several fans compressing air, . The engine that gets the air in front of the inlet and out the exhaust the most efficiently and quickly wins. Like a big vacuum cleaner. That is the simplified version. This engine is still around and on many corporate jets but it is a bit outdated. Suck, squeeze, bang, and blow. Actually been around since, well, Rome was built. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Some guy said that a long time ago.

iu

just so you guys can argue some more...here is a cutaway of a P&W jet engine. Nothing touches.i.e., no metal touches. It's several fans compressing air, . The engine that gets the air in front of the inlet and out the exhaust the most efficiently and quickly wins. Like a big vacuum cleaner. That is the simplified version. This engine is still around and on many corporate jets but it is a bit outdated. Suck, squeeze, bang, and blow. Actually been around since, well, Rome was built. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Some guy said that a long time ago.

iu
That's a low bypass turbofan. Airliners use high BPR turbofans that generate 60+% of their thrust from air that never goes through the combustion chamber

That's a low bypass turbofan. Airliners use high BPR turbofans that generate 60+% of their thrust from air that never goes through the combustion chamber

Check out the big brain on 07pilt! What a wild detour this thread took.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I’m excited for Exxon and BP and other “big oil” companies to dominate the renewables space. They will control all the energy sources.

100% correct even if you had to use Google. Not saying you did. Just sayin.

There are plenty of videos on youtube that demonstrate the volume of air that a high BPR turbofan creates.

Well, technically speaking, that's what jet propulsion actually is. That's not meant to take away from your point though.
Jet propulsion is not a fan cutting through air to move the aircraft (like a propeller) as AOC and similar dipshyts would have us believe. Jet propulsion is the controlled pressurization and release of air. It’s the same basic principle of blowing up a balloon and then releasing it, or popping the cork on champagne.

You’re simply not going to achieve that type of pressurization without a very intense heat source, which is why the idea of achieving jet speed without combustion is so ludicrous.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Really, really weird hill to die on.

Jet propulsion is not a fan cutting through air to move the aircraft (like a propeller) as AOC and similar dipshyts would have us believe. Jet propulsion is the controlled pressurization and release of air. It’s the same basic principle of blowing up a balloon and then releasing it, or popping the cork on champagne.

You’re simply not going to achieve that type of pressurization without a very intense heat source, which is why the idea of achieving jet speed without combustion is so ludicrous.
What you are missing is that commercial airliners aren't chiefly jet propelled they are mostly fan propelled.

Storage density improving at a reasonable pace. Curious though, what is a "battery" in your mind?

I know the Pink Bunny is a liar. I know cell phone batteries don't stay charged long. I have heard of lithium sulfur batteries for Planes but doubt that will work out.
When they invent a battery that works longer than 2 weeks in a flashlight get back to me.
MzY3NTk4Mw.jpeg

I know the Pink Bunny is a liar. I know cell phone batteries don't stay charged long. I have heard of lithium sulfur batteries for Planes but doubt that will work out.
When they invent a battery that works longer than 2 weeks in a flashlight get back to me.
MzY3NTk4Mw.jpeg
Mark down May 26th on your calendar....

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT