ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Dual Series

The Nwca is matching the top 8 big 10 teams vs top non big teams. I believe it is the winners of the non big 10 conference champs and 1 or 2 at larges. They will match them up according to nwca dual rankings. The big 10 schools will be hosting, as of now nc state would go to PSU, pokes would go to iowa.

I believe that mizzou wrestles nc state in a couple of weeks. If mizzou wins, we would go to psu.

John said it is not a guarantee that we will participate they are still working out details as of last week and we have not agreed to the terms as they stand currently.

I heard it is the top 8 Big 10 teams, the 7 conference champions and the best NON Big 10 school that did not win conference, it is just 1 match #1 in Big 10 vs #1 Conference champion, 5 vs 5 etc.
A little disappointed to find this out, I thought it was going to be a 16 team tournament which in my opinion would have been a lot better, oh well, there will still be good/interesting team and individual matches.

Missouri will beat NC State and we will travel to PSU. Missouri wins 125,133, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197

We wrestled B Crutcher at 33 who lost 4-0 and Dolan at 49 lost 5-2. Schafer lost 3-2 Boyd lost 9-8

Everyone of those losses wouldl be reversed if we wrestled them today.

Missouri will beat NC State and we will travel to PSU. Missouri wins 125,133, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197

We wrestled B Crutcher at 33 who lost 4-0 and Dolan at 49 lost 5-2. Schafer lost 3-2 Boyd lost 9-8

I agree we would win 33 and 49, but 84 and 97 would be close and 57 could very well go our way.

Let me get this straight. PSU ranked # 1 at.149, 157, 174, 197' fourth at 125(2x finalist) and 5th at 133 and r over rated. Hmm.

Am I missing a post? I don't see anyone saying Penn St. is overrated. Did someone delete a post?

What is this a reply to?
Lyco, Have you posted on the wrong board? Perhaps the Hawkeye report is where you need to go. We have a very healthy respect for Penn State. We respect: Penn State but we do not fear them. We think if the stars are aligned right in the heavens and we get good draws and we wrestle to our potential we will be right up there with Penn State but we know it will be a difficult mountain to surmount.

He read it wrong! He was referring to the rematch post with NC State in his reply.

That said, we don't beat them in a dual I don't think?

125...PSU
133...PSU
141...OSU
149...PSU
157...PSU, but I really want to see this again!
165...OSU
174...OSU
184...OSU if mcutchen is injured
197...PSU
285...OSU

It would come down to bonus points possibly.

He read it wrong! He was referring to the rematch post with NC State in his reply.

125...PSU
133...PSU
141...OSU
149...PSU
165...OSU
174...OSU
197...PSU
285...OSU

It would come down to bonus points possibly.[/QUO
Sorry I read that wrong. Oberebo thanks you were correct. I would rather PSU go against Ok St. But good for NC St to have a challenge as you have already been through ringer. Don't tell Mike T he will never let me live it down.

Last edited:
My reply is not showing up. I did indeed misread Cowboys post and truely apologize.Sorry Mike T. Buy you an extra beer.

Osu at 174? Can't see it right now.

Yeah, me either. I was thinking he was hurt? Crutchmer is guy you don't count out though...or in for that matter. I really hope he puts together in March...I really hope he does!

I think the potential for bonus points from Nickal is slightly more realistic than Crutchmer winning. I just see a bad matchup for Nickal and two guys trending in opposite directions.

I would love to be wrong.

I don't think bonus is going to happen against Crutchmer...but really, you are not wrong.

I hope we don't go, get ready for conference,km and don't let the other teams get to look at the new and improve wrestlers.
My reply is not showing up. I did indeed misread Cowboys post and truely apologize.Sorry Mike T. Buy you an extra beer.
Beers in NY are expensive items, will be looking for you, bring your friends because I will need more then just one.

Crutchmer is the big wild card for us because he could still just as easily win it as go out early. No one is putting up bonus points on him and he would be in a 1-2 point match at the end as he always is against Nickal too. A Penn St dual would be tough, but there are spots where we could steal points. I could see upsets in our favor at 133, 157, 174 (add in 184 if McCutcheon wrestles...he would be a solid favorite, but Boyd could get that one...if he doesn't, Boyd should win but would need to be on upset alert). Considering 141, 165, and 285 are very heavily in our favor, there are a few scenarios where we could take it. We are not the favorites, Penn St is #1 for a reason, but it would be fun to watch!

125...PSU
133...PSU
141...OSU
149...PSU
165...OSU
174...OSU
197...PSU
285...OSU

Chase, I would agree with the outcomes you posted except at 184. Ithink we win at 184 regardless. Boyd decisioned him last year, both have gotten better but I stick with Boyd. If that happens then it is 5-5. I think we get bonus points at 165. However, it will be tough to win at 174 over Nickall and they most likely get bonus points at 197.

125...PSU
133...PSU
141...OSU
149...PSU
165...OSU
174...OSU
197...PSU
285...OSU

It appears you are projecting OSU to win. IMO bonus points are most likely at 285, 197 and 165 (in that order), thus OSU favored in a 5/5 meet. Boyd should beat McCutcheon (see the IL match before McCutcheon injury). Given the way he is currently wrestling GWH has a chance of winning 133, 157 is winnable, 174 could go the other way. If is occurs the dual is at PSU thus giving them some advantage, yet if OSU can take 5 of the 10 matches ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT