ADVERTISEMENT

Boo interview

I wish him the best! That Iowas State match was such a heart breaker for him. He has done everything in his power to be successful.

Reactions: JAY45
I bet we see both G and Kaid drop with Fix likely taking an Olympic.

Assuming Kaid looks better at 133 and Boo is healthy (maybe big assumptions) our 125-149 lineup is really salty. 157-heavy who knows but our lighter weights should be darn good next year.

Reactions: JAY45
I failed the eye test on Josh Kindig a few years ago. He definitely was not a big 141 pounder, but I am not sure he can make it back to 133. Hope he can make it to 133 as that makes for a better team.

Here's the thing with kaid:

Yes, going back to 133 would be difficult. It has always been a tough weight cut for him, but was always able to get it done. This isn't a joe smith situation, the kid knows how to manage his weight. His strength plays better at 133 than 141. He struggled to out muscle his opponents, which led to his offensive struggles last season. The flip side is maybe he adjusts to being at 141 for a second straight year, and is better for it.

This all kinda hinges on Daton Fix taking the Olympic redshirt, but I've heard there's a good chance he takes it. He could decide against, but he would increasing his risk of injury wrestling in duals, tourneys compared to simply training in Colorado Springs. J'den Cox didn't take one, wrestled his junior year, won NCAA's, and medaled bronze at Rio (should of won gold IMO). That's a daunting task, but for Fix it's doable.

The Olympic trials are just 2 weeks after the NCAA tourney, which is a problem for any college wrestler who is a serious Olympic contender.

I know...just saying if he did want to wrestle this year he could. Not like it's impossible, but like I said it's very daunting to do, and probably not recommended. I expect him to take the redshirt from what I'm hearing.

Here's the thing with kaid:

Yes, going back to 133 would be difficult. It has always been a tough weight cut for him, but was always able to get it done. This isn't a joe smith situation, the kid knows how to manage his weight. His strength plays better at 133 than 141. He struggled to out muscle his opponents, which led to his offensive struggles last season. The flip side is maybe he adjusts to being at 141 for a second straight year, and is better for it.

This all kinda hinges on Daton Fix taking the Olympic redshirt, but I've heard there's a good chance he takes it. He could decide against, but he would increasing his risk of injury wrestling in duals, tourneys compared to simply training in Colorado Springs. J'den Cox didn't take one, wrestled his junior year, won NCAA's, and medaled bronze at Rio (should of won gold IMO). That's a daunting task, but for Fix it's doable.

You really think that version of Cox would have beaten Sadulaev?

Snope. No way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT