ADVERTISEMENT

Bohemian Rhapsody

Great flick if you love classic rock. Meh if not.

Long, cuts corners, but excellently cast and production is stunning.

Took my family, including my mom and in laws, over the break. The 3 of them, all over 75, didn’t know anything about Queen, other than somewhat recognizing 2 or 3 of the songs. All 3 LOVED the movie. They couldn’t stop talking about how much they enjoyed it, and how they appreciated me exposing them to the greatness of Queen.

I really had low expectations. This movie took forever to make and that’s usually not a great sign. Also biopics of icons like this often disappoint.

As a musician I had a few things I would like to have seen more of and there were a few artistic liberties taken with timelines but the movie was already long and I think overall they did a great job.

For example, I believe Paul was still their manager for a few years beyond the Live Aid show. He died of AIDS the same year Freddie did, so who knows if he’s accurately portrayed as a villain. Probably was but who knows.

Also - I don’t think Freddie was diagnosed with AIDS until a few years after Live Aid. Might be wrong about that but it certainly was a powerful scene the way it was presented - his diagnosis and his reveal to his band mates.

Yes, the movie was a historical mess.

They had been touring the year before Live aid and there never were rushed last minute rehearsals where he tried to get it together.

He found out about the aids in 87.

In fact almost all of the movie is wrong.

The casting was very good but I just felt something off with Malek. Would have rather seen Baron Cohen inthe part, he would have gone full retard error gay. Not that I needed it more gayed up.

I found the second half to be slow and could have just watched the real live aid performance instead of a full 20 minute recreation.

What surprised me most out of it being the official Queen approved biopic is how much it made Freddie out to be unlikable weirdo.

They had been touring the year before Live aid and there never were rushed last minute rehearsals where he tried to get it together.

The casting was very good but I just felt something off with Malek. Would have rather seen Baron Cohen inthe part, he would have gone full retard error gay. Not that I needed it more gayed up.

I found the second half to be slow and could have just watched the real live aid performance instead of a full 20 minute recreation.

What surprised me most out of it being the official Queen approved biopic is how much it made Freddie out to be unlikable weirdo.
Agree with all points.

I was actually more impressed with the guy playing Brian May. Visually he was spot on.

Finally saw the movie this morning. Dang near messed around and missed it in the theatre. Lots of timeline and other issues, but I enjoyed it immensely. Rarely do I sit in a theatre for 2 1/2 hours, and not get antsy, but I never looked at my watch.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I asked someone how it was. His reply. homosexuality is apparently complicated in case you ever decide to give it a try.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT