ADVERTISEMENT

Black Friday

panhndlpoke

Heisman Candidate
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone do any personal shopping hoping the MRS won’t notice a few extra charges mixed in with the Christmas presents? I did.

Boretech. I needed some rifle clean stuff so got a few things from them. I have small kids and can get interrupted during a rifle cleaning and Boretech stuff won’t hurt the barrel if it is left in too long. It also doesn’t smell bad.

Creedmoor Sports had some 22LR ammo and I was almost out of my match ammo.

While I didn’t get a Black Friday deal, I did order the components for a new 22 LR. I also have been watching snipershide px sections and picked up some used gear recently.

Anyone get anything cool?

Well, I'm getting some some small stuff for flyfishing, updating and replacing a few things. Nothing as expensive as a new flyrod though. Fishpond zingers, new rubber net, etc. Oh, and a nice hunting knife and will be getting a good sharpening system too. I may ask for 1/2 of a quail hunt from Santa.

I ordered a new duck call from 737 and a custom marsh stand from HTR.

I ordered a new duck call from 737 and a custom marsh stand from HTR.
Duck hunting...something I just don’t get. We don’t have water so there’s that but sitting in a freezing ass puddle of water to shoot winged squeakers that taste like shit just sounds miserable. Plus I went one time and the damn things flew over me going about 70 miles an hour and I couldn’t hit any of them.

We’re usually hunting out of a boat or one of the blinds we have spread out along the marsh. One of them is a giant pontoon boat with a bathroom, heater and oven, so we’ll make breakfast and coffee while one group is hunting. I don’t mind sitting in cattails in a foot of water though.

If you ever went on a good duck hunt you’d change your mind. Calling a group of decoy wary mallards in from a distance, having them circle a few times then fully committing, dropping their feet and cupping their wings into the decoy spread is magical.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
We’re usually hunting out of a boat or one of the blinds we have spread out along the marsh. One of them is a giant pontoon boat with a bathroom, heater and oven, so we’ll make breakfast and coffee while one group is hunting. I don’t mind sitting in cattails in a foot of water though.

If you ever went on a good duck hunt you’d change your mind. Calling a group of decoy wary mallards in from a distance, having them circle a few times then fully committing, dropping their feet and cupping their wings into the decoy spread is magical.
Ah, a Texas deer blind style blind I see.

Sat TV in the deer blind is a must

I did go down to Lake Charles Louisiana several years ago. We didn’t get a lot of “cupped” wings. Mostly it was birds flying by low so fast I couldn’t hit them even if I actually was able to tell the males from the females. I spent most of my time shooting nutria.

I've got some Cajun buddies and they eat everything. We've killed a good amount of deer and hogs this year, to which they process. Hearts, Livers, everything! I shoot a pig, and I only touch it if I have to drag it off my set. Not them, it goes back to camp with them and they end up with a 5 gallon bucket of "scrap" to dump.

Everything they cook is outstanding as well. I go on a duckhunt with them every year, and I come home fatter!

I've got some Cajun buddies and they eat everything. We've killed a good amount of deer and hogs this year, to which they process. Hearts, Livers, everything! I shoot a pig, and I only touch it if I have to drag it off my set. Not them, it goes back to camp with them and they end up with a 5 gallon bucket of "scrap" to dump.

Everything they cook is outstanding as well. I go on a duckhunt with them every year, and I come home fatter!
Essentially every coon ass everywhere:

Sees something dead on the ground. “What the **** is that?”

“I don’t know. Let’s fry it.”

“Hell ya!”

• Haha
Reactions: trapped_in_tx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT