ADVERTISEMENT

Bixby

Wrassler17

All-American
Mar 20, 2017
Looks like some good things are happening. I mentioned Flo has freshman Zach Blankenship ranked #26 in his class. Now Flo has released their junior high school rankings and Bixby has 3 guys in the top 100...

Clayton Giddens-Buttram #28
Jace Roller #36
Christian Kaiser #70

Reactions: osu2082
Looks like some good things are happening. I mentioned Flo has freshman Zach Blankenship ranked #26 in his class. Now Flo has released their junior high school rankings and Bixby has 3 guys in the top 100...

Jace Roller #36
Christian Kaiser #70

I was in Perry last week and got to see Blankenship in person. That kid is special! He won the tournament with 4 falls. Really impressive with explosive doubles, good in all positions already, and the few times he was stymied (his semi against the top seed), he just kept coming until he found something that worked. Bixby didn't bring the other 3 ranked members of their team.

Reactions: Wrassler17

Jace Roller #36
Christian Kaiser #70
We had a Roller wrestling from Oklahoma our 1st year winning nationals around 2000 that placed 3rd very dangerous funk wrestler and a pinner at 57. Nationals was in KC that year and I think I remember him losing in the quarters and then pinning his way to 3rd including for 3rd pinning Lawrence the defending champ from Minnesota in the 1st period. Also I believe the family use to do a lot of wrestling camps.

We had a Roller wrestling from Oklahoma our 1st year winning nationals around 2000 that placed 3rd very dangerous funk wrestler and a pinner at 57. Nationals was in KC that year and I think I remember him losing in the quarters and then pinning his way to 3rd including for 3rd pinning Lawrence the defending champ from Minnesota in the 1st period. Also I believe the family use to do a lot of wrestling camps.
Jace is Shane’s son. The Rollers still run many tournaments across the country including the legendary Tulsa Nationals.

Jace is a very very good technique wrestler. You can obviously see he has been coached by The best

luke becker from minny
snaked him

I
luke becker from minny
snaked him
It was Luke Becker, I think Lawrence was their 49. Some Michigan kid wrestler very carefully and smart against Shane and beat him. His points with all the pins really helped insure we won that year. Wrastler many times talks about transfers and we had a very important transfer from Central Oklahoma, a 97 Lawal who took 3rd.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I

It was Luke Becker, I think Lawrence was their 49. Some Michigan kid wrestler very carefully and smart against Shane and beat him. His points with all the pins really helped insure we won that year. Wrastler many times talks about transfers and we had a very important transfer from Central Oklahoma, a 97 Lawal who took 3rd.
Hope I remember all of this right. I believe the Michigan wrestler was Bertin who was a freshman that year. He wrestled Tirapelle in the finals. They were both underclassman and seeded something like #7 and 8. The top six seeds were all seniors like Roller and Becker. It was a wild bracket that year.

I've known Zach Blankenship (and his family) since he was four. I said then that he was going to be one of the best athletes out of this area in a long time. The kid is phenomenal. Just naturally gifted at so many things. Took martial arts at around five or six here in Tulsa and just was very graceful looking. He's just a great kid on top of his wrestling ability.

I've known Zach Blankenship (and his family) since he was four. I said then that he was going to be one of the best athletes out of this area in a long time. The kid is phenomenal. Just naturally gifted at so many things. Took martial arts at around five or six here in Tulsa and just was very graceful looking. He's just a great kid on top of his wrestling ability.

He is VERY good football player as well.

Watched a few of his matches, he's very impressive. A couple of weeks back, Flo's Nomad said he expects Blankenship to jump into the top 10 very soon.

I work with a guy who has twins, and both seem to do well around here. Corey Velasquez and I cant remember the other’s name. Not sure if they’re ranked or not.

Finally saw a match where Blankenship didn't pin the guy. He won 1-0 in the semis of Tulsa Nationals. It was starting to look like a video game.

Finally saw a match where Blankenship didn't pin the guy. He won 1-0 in the semis of Tulsa Nationals. It was starting to look like a video game.
Tulsa Flo Nationals was stacked this year with crazy talent

Blankenship won 5 to 2 in the finals. In the semi's he beat the 14 rated junior high wrestler and in the finals he beat the 8th rated junior high wrestler in the country. He is a prospect for the Cowboys to keep an eye on. He must be wrestling for Bixby high school at 113? I saw Sam Smith wrestled at Tulsa and wrestled okay. Some guys he wrestled seemed much bigger and stronger than him especially the guy he wrestled in the semi's.

Blankenship has been wrestling 120 and some 126 for Bixby HS. Sam Smith is really small still. He is a HS freshman wrestling at 82. It haven’t seen it mentioned that Ky Roller won the HWT division. Another solid kid that RAW and Bixby have in the 7-9 grades.

Blankenship has been wrestling 120 and some 126 for Bixby HS. Sam Smith is really small still. He is a HS freshman wrestling at 82. It haven’t seen it mentioned that Ky Roller won the HWT division. Another solid kid that RAW and Bixby have in the 7-9 grades.

Sam is actually in the 8th grade this year.

Eligibility is weird state to state, in Ohio once you complete 6th grade you have the next four semesters to compete for your Middle School, high school eligibility doesn’t start until 9th grade. In Oklahoma you have 6
Years to compete once you start 7th grade. Very rarely are 5th years granted.

Blankenship won 5 to 2 in the finals. In the semi's he beat the 14 rated junior high wrestler and in the finals he beat the 8th rated junior high wrestler in the country. He is a prospect for the Cowboys to keep an eye on. He must be wrestling for Bixby high school at 113? I saw Sam Smith wrestled at Tulsa and wrestled okay. Some guys he wrestled seemed much bigger and stronger than him especially the guy he wrestled in the semi's.
Yep, his family are huge OSU fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT