ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 tickets

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
There is going to be a sticker shock for those of you who have not purchased your tickets through OSU. I turned in my application back in May and have confirmed three seats at $70.00 apiece. OSU is sold out and going on line to buy tickets now at the Sprint Center my tickets in section 117 are now selling for $210.00 each. This is a travesty. You go on line for the sprint center and are directed to a reseller for this price. That is 3X what I paid and is pure greed.

There is going to be a sticker shock for those of you who have not purchased your tickets through OSU. I turned in my application back in May and have confirmed three seats at $70.00 apiece. OSU is sold out and going on line to buy tickets now at the Sprint Center my tickets in section 117 are now selling for $210.00 each. This is a travesty. You go on line for the sprint center and are directed to a reseller for this price. That is 3X what I paid and is pure greed.

Sprint Center holds 18/19k, correct? Impossible to believe this will be anywhere near sold out, unless something strange is going on (eg spilt stadium with Bennie Baby auction in other half :0 ). If no one buys thru the resellers there should be day of bargins on the street.

From the seating chart, it looks like they are using less than half the available seating. Anyone still wanting tickets should try one of the member institutions first. Surely they haven't all sold their complete allotment.

From the seating chart, it looks like they are using less than half the available seating. Anyone still wanting tickets should try one of the member institutions first. Surely they haven't all sold their complete allotment.
Seating chart indicates only six sections including 116,117,118 so no they are not utilizing the whole arena. OK State is out of tickets and if you go online to the Sprint center they automatically transfer to a reseller and this is where the prices have tripled. Maybe as Cachap suggested you could go to the Wyoming or West Virginia site for tickets.

Buy them on the street before the match for 50. This is setting up to be a buyers market if you wait. Buying from the resellers just makes it worse on everyone else. I really can t see the place anywhere near to being sold out.. I doubt it even sells half of the seats. How many B12 schools are near KC? and given the coverage that FLO will have some will ask why go?

Reactions: cachap5327
Big Xii attempting to make some money back after the screwing by MWCA!

I just looked and you can get regular price tickets at the axs site, singles only. I would probably do that, knowing this won't sell out and you can likely move down.

Have you actually called the box office?

I just looked and you can get regular price tickets at the axs site, singles only. I would probably do that, knowing this won't sell out and you can likely move down.

Have you actually called the box office?
I noticed on line today that Ticket Network has for sale Session 2 and Session 2 tickets on sale in section 101 for $44.00 for session 1 and 46.00 for session two. These seats are on the west side looking down on the mats and while they may not be as viewer friendly as seats in 116,117,118 are much less the cost of buying tickets now in those sections. This would be $$90.00 for both sessions and more in line with what Oklahoma State was selling before the sell out.. I am sure other sections would have similar prices.

I noticed on line today that Ticket Network has for sale Session 2 and Session 2 tickets on sale in section 101 for $44.00 for session 1 and 46.00 for session two. These seats are on the west side looking down on the mats and while they may not be as viewer friendly as seats in 116,117,118 are much less the cost of buying tickets now in those sections. This would be $$90.00 for both sessions and more in line with what Oklahoma State was selling before the sell out.. I am sure other sections would have similar prices.
Ummm, you do realize there are 4 sessions to the tournament. Individual finals tickets are listed at over $100 by the resellers. While it seems reasonable that this will not sell out, there do not seem to be a lot of tickets available via the resale market. I would recommend calling the OU ticket office. They probably have at least 80 of their 100 ticket allotment remaining.

Resale site pricing will slowly drop as the event gets closer.

I just spoke with the ticket office at the Sprint Center and they have plenty of tickets for $56 plus tax and maybe a small fee. She said tickets for each day will probably be on sale on Monday and will be $37 plus tax/fees. Call 816-949-7175 to get tickets she said she had tickets in section 116 which is one of the OSU sections so good tickets are available for regular price.

I bought mine from Sprint Center AXS for all sessions for a total of $68.00 including service charges. I am in Section #106. I bought those about a month ago.

Yes you can do it now if you call the number I posted earlier I spoke with a rep and she said tickets were available in section 106 for the price I listed.

Yes you can do it now if you call the number I posted earlier I spoke with a rep and she said tickets were available in section 106 for the price I listed.
That is good news. Your post sounded like you were saying that tickets in 116 could be had for the price you quoted. Even though 106 is not the OSU section it is directly across the arena and the viewing would be just as good as 116.I hope the resellers eat a lot of tickets or at least take a bath. I think the arena is getting back allotments from teams farther away from Kansas City. Thanks for the info Pokefanforlife.

I just spoke with the same rep from the sprint center and she said they do have tickets in the OSU section where our seats are in section 116 also has upper rows in section 117. She said if you would call her at 816-949-7175 she would give anyone the discount and the tickets will be $53 including fees.

Last edited:
I just spoke with the same rep from the sprint center and she said they do have tickets in the OSU section where our seats are 116. She said if you would call her at 816-949-7175 she would give anyone the discount and the tickets will be $53 including fees.
Great news! While I was typing my previous post the door bell rang and the Big 12 tickets I ordered arrived by UPS. We have seats 1-3 Row 21 in section 117 and one seat in Row 11 seat 11.
I also just received an email from the NCAA indicating that they have limited seating available for the tournament on March 17th-19th. For the first time in many years I am not going to the tournament due to prior obligations but my son okstatefan will represent my interests there. My other son Micco will not be attending as he has prior obligations (Attempting to extricate a size 11 foot in his mouth from prior predictions of a "swooner" nature.)

I just spoke with the same rep from the sprint center and she said they do have tickets in the OSU section where our seats are 116. She said if you would call her at 816-949-7175 she would give anyone the discount and the tickets will be $53 including fees.
Thank you very much, I just got 4!

As KC Alumni President I just received this email regarding tickets:

The Big 12 Wrestling Championship will be in Kansas City on March 5-6. Your alma mater, will be in town wrestling for the title! Don’t miss out on an opportunity to support your school! All-session tickets start at $40. Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more by emailing grouptickets@sprintcenter.com or calling 816.949.7175. It’s a great opportunity for an alumni gathering.

All-session tickets start at $40 and can be purchased at Big12sports.com/buytickets.

Courtney HolmesKansas City Sports Commission & Foundation
WIN for KC

As KC Alumni President I just received this email regarding tickets:

The Big 12 Wrestling Championship will be in Kansas City on March 5-6. Your alma mater, will be in town wrestling for the title! Don’t miss out on an opportunity to support your school! All-session tickets start at $40. Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more by emailing grouptickets@sprintcenter.com or calling 816.949.7175. It’s a great opportunity for an alumni gathering.

All-session tickets start at $40 and can be purchased at Big12sports.com/buytickets.

Courtney HolmesKansas City Sports Commission & Foundation
WIN for KC
I do not want to start a rant against the ticket office but I can not understand the price I was billed for the four tickets I received. We are in 117 which looks to be the premium seating. The face amount for all four sessions is printed on the tickets.They are $10.00 apiece for sessions one and two, $12.00 for session three and $18.00 for session four. I know my degree is in English but anyway I add that up it comes to $50.00. OSU has a policy that they are to be delivered by UPS and they stick on $10.00 per ticket for that. They come in the same envelope so that means they are charging me $40.00 for the UPS delivery which is not right but OK let them make some money on that. That still only comes to $60.00 for all four sessions. They charged my card $70.00 per ticket or $280.00. Where did the other $10.00 per ticket come from? I wish someone from the ticket office would come on the board and explain this.

It appears that the Sprint Center is adding a $10 per ticket "Facility Fee". So, coupled with the $10 per ticket fee from the OSU ticket office, that adds $20 per ticket, making the total $70. I totally agree that the "convenience fee" charged by our ticket office is outrageous and should apply to each order, not each ticket. However, if you order from the Sprint Center, the convenience fee is $9.75 per ticket, so I guess our office is at least in line with common practice, which seems to be to gouge the consumer at every turn. Interestingly, the convenience fee charged by the Sprint Center is only $7.75 for the cheaper tickets, which makes no sense at all.

It appears that the Sprint Center is adding a $10 per ticket "Facility Fee". So, coupled with the $10 per ticket fee from the OSU ticket office, that adds $20 per ticket, making the total $70. I totally agree that the "convenience fee" charged by our ticket office is outrageous and should apply to each order, not each ticket. However, if you order from the Sprint Center, the convenience fee is $9.75 per ticket, so I guess our office is at least in line with common practice, which seems to be to gouge the consumer at every turn. Interestingly, the convenience fee charged by the Sprint Center is only $7.75 for the cheaper tickets, which makes no sense at all.
Thanks for the explanation Charlie. At least our ticket office is not gouging us completely but I suspect the price that UPS charges the university is the same whether is it one ticket or ten and this flat fee would not be anywhere near the $40.00 charged for my tickets. I really can not see why they use UPS. The bulk of fans could pick them up at GIA and the rest could have them mailed. As bad as our postal service is I do not recall them ever losing any of my mail.

Hope their are plenty of OSU fans attending. Karen and I will be watching on FLO but we will be at the FINALS. yeah. wow these dates just sneak up on us so fast. Hard to believe this is the last home dual tonight. GIA is going to miss Eddie, Austin and Alex. they head an awesome class of wrestlers.

Reactions: osu83
Hope their are plenty of OSU fans attending. Karen and I will be watching on FLO but we will be at the FINALS. yeah. wow these dates just sneak up on us so fast. Hard to believe this is the last home dual tonight. GIA is going to miss Eddie, Austin and Alex. they head an awesome class of wrestlers.

Not sure Flo can carry the finals, which will be live on Fox Sports. You might check your tv service, cable or sat. If you get the package that has the Fox regional sports networks, you definitely can watch live. Several are carrying it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT