ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s State of the Union 2023

fox strong as heck GIF by MasterChef Junior

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
He’s been very bold and clear mostly tonight but I agree with this…. Lots of yelling

I disagree. The "yelling" was at appropriate times on appropriate issues.

Very strong speech by the President. Biden was upbeat and energetic. Talked about the accomplishments over the past two years, laid out the clear differences between him and Republicans on important issues while also talking about areas where agreement could be reached, and he masterfully politically baited Republicans on a few important issues (Medicare, Social Security, debt, etc.).

I think this was his best State of the Union address to date. Great job.

Strong speech by the President. Biden was upbeat and energetic. Talked about the accomplishments over the past two years, laid out the clear differences between him and Republicans on important issues while also talking about areas where agreement could be reached, and he masterfully politically baited Republicans on a few important issues (Medicare, Social Security, debt, etc.).

His only one?

Most yelling (from crowd too) I’ve ever seen and heard at one of these.. bad look
Sounded like the British Parliament for a moment.

Might be a bad look for Republicans, but Biden came across strong with that sparring. He got what he wanted.

Do you expect him to run again? Do you want him too? Genuinely curious. 2024 polling (while very very early) is extremely weird so far. Will be a fascinating race
Just when I start to have some questions again about whether Biden should run for re-election because of age issues, he goes out and exceeds my expectations. He did that again tonight. He hit a home run tonight. Right when he needed one.

Guy is a heck of a politician. I'll give him that. He knows his moments. Republicans shouldn't underestimate him when it comes to '24.

I didn't ask you for a Republican poll. I clearly asked you what you believe he should have done differently. And your have yet to provide one answer.

Very revealing, as usual.
The Trafalgar Group is a Republican Poll?

Maybe you can explain why Biden thought it was better to let the balloon transit across numerous sensitive military sites for days instead of shooting it down when it was first detected approaching Alaska. It was over the ocean when it was first detected and the military had plenty of time to shoot it down then or in the remote regions of Alaska, Canada or even Montana. The excuse of not shooting it down because of the threat it posed to people on the ground is complete and utter BS.

Very strong speech by the President. Biden was upbeat and energetic. Talked about the accomplishments over the past two years, laid out the clear differences between him and Republicans on important issues while also talking about areas where agreement could be reached, and he masterfully politically baited Republicans on a few important issues (Medicare, Social Security, debt, etc.).

Did you spit or swallow?

Just when I start to have some questions again about whether Biden should run for re-election because of age issues, he goes out and exceeds my expectations. He did that again tonight. He hit a home run tonight. Right when he needed one.

Guy is a heck of a politician. I'll give him that. He knows his moments. Republicans shouldn't underestimate him when it comes to '24.
Them poor folks Delawarians.

Maybe you can explain why Biden thought it was better to let the balloon transit across numerous sensitive military sites for days instead of shooting it down when it was first detected approaching Alaska. It was over the ocean when it was first detected and the military had plenty of time to shoot it down
Had our government blocked the balloon from gathering intelligence as it flew over the USA?

I'm just glad Biden solved that non compete problem from McDonalds workers. :)

The Trafalgar Group is a Republican Poll?

Maybe you can explain why Biden thought it was better to let the balloon transit across numerous sensitive military sites for days instead of shooting it down when it was first detected approaching Alaska. It was over the ocean when it was first detected and the military had plenty of time to shoot it down then or in the remote regions of Alaska, Canada or even Montana. The excuse of not shooting it down because of the threat it posed to people on the ground is complete and utter BS.

Are you sure he didn’t take advice from the military, who said not to? Would be a shockingly unprecedented decision unbeknownst a Joe Biden, let alone any DemoRat in the White House before him…

carry on

Indeed I did. Because I knew the left would never unify behind the concept of making America great. Too many misanthropes who thrive on unhappiness.

Sad but true…

carry on

• Sad
Reactions: davidallen
Are you sure he didn’t take advice from the military, who said not to? Would be a shockingly unprecedented decision unbeknownst a Joe Biden, let alone any DemoRat in the White House before him…
So you beleive the military thought it was best to shoot the balloon down after it traversed the country instead of before it entered? Do you hear yourself?

Reactions: iasooner2000
So you beleive the military thought it was best to shoot the balloon down after it traversed the country instead of before it entered? Do you hear yourself?
This is a real issue for you? Kinda sad, isn't it?

Why has the GOP given up on articulating policy/vision and instead pushes fear to win support?

• Haha
Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
Is that your explanation. LMAO
No it was a question. The answer of course was yes, the government had done that. Which then presented our government with a great counterintelligence opportunity. Which we know occurred because of the DOD request.

On top of that, we were then able to down it once the initial intelligence gathering of operations was conducted in an area where we could control debris recovery for further intelligence gathering without risking collateral damage. A win-win for our intelligence community. This coming after our previous failures to detect these devices in the past.

Yeah, if you really want to continue this discussion you are going to need to think a little bit bigger than your usual partisan nonsense.

Last edited:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders had a strong response to Joe's BS.
Meh. What did she actually say? Odd to try and rewrite Trump as a military supporter - you know that guy who upon visiting a war cemetary commented about it being “filled with losers” and that the nearly 2,000 Marines buried there were “suckers” for getting killed. Just odd.

No it was a question. The answer of course was yes, the government had done that. Which then presented our government with a great counterintelligence opportunity. Which we know occurred because of the DOD request.

On top of that, we were then able to down it once the initial intelligence gathering of operations was conducted in an area where we could control debris recovery for further intelligence gathering without risking collateral damage. A win-win for our intelligence community. This coming after our previous failures to detach these devices in the past.

Yeah, if you really want to continue this discussion you are going to need to think a little bit bigger than your usual partisan nonsense.
All of which would have been done without letting the balloon cross the country.
The only reason this is a big deal is because the Biden Administration was deceitful and got caught immediately.

Yes, this is exactly what anyone who knows anything about counterintelligence should fully expect. Again, the device had been blocked from gathering intelligence and the DOD requested permission to gather intelligence on this device as it flew over the USA.

Do you understand how valuable intelligence gathering is for the military? How valuable intelligence on this device is?

Stop thinking like a partisan right-winger for once and start thinking like an American who understands the importance of intelligence in the defense of our nation.

All of which would have been done without letting the balloon cross the country.
Incorrect. The device had been blocked from gathering intelligence yet we were able to gather a lot of intelligence on it as it flew across our air space and then we took it down and are collecting it. Gaining more intelligence.

Once again, if you really want to continue this discussion you are going to need to think a little bit bigger than your usual partisan nonsense.

Incorrect. The device had been blocked from gathering intelligence yet we were able to gather a lot of intelligence on it as it flew across our air space and then we took it down and are collecting it. Gaining more intelligence.

Once again, if you really want to continue this discussion you are going to need to think a little bit bigger than your usual partisan nonsense.
LMAO now you are an intelligence expert. Do you really believe all the propaganda you are fed or do you just act like it.

Got to love watching Biden talk about how the tax system isn't fair and Republicans sit there frowning while Democrats stand and clap. Biden talking about the wealthy and companies paying their fair share and Republicans sitting there frowning while Democrats clap. Biden simply letting Americans see where the two parties stand as it relates to taxes.
I think you’re on to something here. I’ve never seen a sotu speech where this has been done before. Great observation.

Going to say it again, watching Biden lead Republicans to loudly promise they won't cut Social Security and Medicare on national T.V. was masterful. Great use of rhetoric and speech.
I remember when Clinton was president it was figured out that not as much was needed as budgeted for increases in SS and Medicare. An increase was still passed. The democrats were quick to tell the sheep that republicans were cutting SS and Medicare, even though they weren’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT