ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MegaPoke
The Nacho and Hector's nephew (can't remember name) storyline adds a lot of good suspense. I doubt things end too well for ol' Nacho and family.

The Nacho and Hector's nephew (can't remember name) storyline adds a lot of good suspense. I doubt things end too well for ol' Nacho and family.

The writing of this show is so good we know how it ends in that Saul, Mike, Gus and a few minor characters make it to Breaking Bad. There's no Nacho or Kim so you know Its not going to end well for Nacho but they still manage to built suspense into the plot line. It just a matter is time for Nacho so every encounter is tense. With Kim its a little different in you don't expect her to die, but don't rule it out, but you feel its just a matter of time until she get's tired of putting up with Jimmy Saul. Of course I would expect that even if I had never seen a single episode of Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
I loved seeing Hank again. I wonder where they're going with present day Saul in Omaha. I always thought it would be cool if he could somehow go back to Albuquerque and add to the Breaking Bad story.

I loved seeing Hank again. I wonder where they're going with present day Saul in Omaha. I always thought it would be cool if he could somehow go back to Albuquerque and add to the Breaking Bad story.

Good to see Gomez also. I had forgotten about him. Seems like Saul is going to figure out a way for the guy who recognized him in Omaha to have a tragic accident.

Thought it was interesting that Robert Forster was in the episode. Probably the last thing he filmed before he passed.

Does anyone know if Gilligan has announced how many seasons of BCS are planned? Pretty crazy that he is in the process of tying 3 different stories together (Breaking Bad, BCS, and the Saul in Omaha storyline). Maybe 4 if he somehow is able to tie it to El Camino. I figure Gilligan has it all planned out and knows how many seasons it will take to tell the story. I'm just not sure if he has made it public knowledge.

I've enjoyed the Saul in Omaha bit but I have no idea where it is going. How they try to land this thing will be interesting. Do they just take it up to the beginning of Breaking Bad? Do they try to take it through Breaking Bad to Omaha? Seems unlikely with only one more season. They have to have some resolution of the Omaha storyline but how. They only done on two minute opening each season. Do they come back to it in the end? Does Kim magically show up and save the day? As stated they have three different timelines don't seem have any obviously neat tie out. I have no doubt Gilligan has something planned and nicely designed out. Breaking Bad ended so well I just don't want this to turn into some kind of Lost or Game of Thrones crash landing.

There's no point in bringing in Omaha unless they're going to bring it to some sort of resolution, even if it's some kind of open-ended resolution like him driving away in fear of something or someone.

The reason the random guy recognizes him in the mall isn't to make the guy a victim, that's not part of Jimmy's character to harm someone anyway, it's to point out that Jimmy's not safe anywhere. The conclusion to the whole thing will probably include this theme of Jimmy having to pay for his crimes in some form for the rest of his life.

Reactions: Been Jammin
If you haven’t seen a lick of any of these shows, how would you at this point watch the series?

Start with Breaking Bad? Or go with Saul first and watch BB last? Curious which is the best way to watch at this point.

Did any happen to notice the little fact that the car in the opening scene had Nebraska license plates?

Easter egg or red Herring? One thing I'm convince of. Nothing happens by accident with Vince Gilligan.

Last edited:
I enjoy the melange of different stories myself. A little more action wouldn’t hurt though.

I've enjoyed their relationship but I feel at this point it's played out. We all know they're not going to make it, it's time to get it over with.

Did any happen to notice the little fact that the car in the opening scene had Nebraska license plates?

Easter egg or red Herring? One thing I'm convince of. Nothing happens by accident with Vince Gilligan.

So, you are thinking that maybe Kim gets fed up with Jimmy, leaves NM, heads home to Nebraska...then the two of them reunite after he leaves his job at Cinnabon? Totally makes sense.

Walt's ending in BB was not a happy one, so I expected things to head in a similar direction for Jimmy, but I would be OK with him flipping the script for Jimmy/Kim.

So, you are thinking that maybe Kim gets fed up with Jimmy, leaves NM, heads home to Nebraska...then the two of them reunite after he leaves his job at Cinnabon? Totally makes sense.

Walt's ending in BB was not a happy one, so I expected things to head in a similar direction for Jimmy, but I would be OK with him flipping the script for Jimmy/Kim.

I'm trying to figure out what that scene was. Its a young Kim and her mom. A quick google search reveals Red Cloud Jr High is in Nebraska. Red Cloud Nebraska is 154 miles from Omaha. Is there any significance from the fact we suddenly find out Kim's from Nebraska and Jimmy's ends up there.? As I said Vince Giligan does nothing by accident. He's either messing with dumbasses like me with too much time on our hands or he's setting up some kind of ending.

Who knows maybs she's in Omaha which would makes more sense if she went back to Nebraska. Maybe she's 1000 miles away. Maybe she's dead. But if you are Jimmy all alone hiding in Nebraska working at a Cinnabon when you go home at night to that crummy apartment you have to occasionally think about the love of your life. Don't really see them reuniting but Walt went back to see his wife one last time at the end. Could see that being Jimmy's last move.

Last edited:
Now that I know next season is going to be the last season, I find that I watch the show differently. I am thinking to myself...

"I guess this is where Kim decides she has had enough and moves away to get away from Jimmy".

or

"Maybe this is how Nacho dies before the events of BB begin".

The only thing about Jimmy in Omaha is I don't think he would have had a say in that would he? I thought the vacuum guy basically told them where they were going he and Walt didn't get to pick.

The only thing about Jimmy in Omaha is I don't think he would have had a say in that would he? I thought the vacuum guy basically told them where they were going he and Walt didn't get to pick.

True. But he is in Omaha. The point is that we now have reason to believe that Kim might be in the same state. He might not even know she is nearby.

In the last episode or the next to last there's an odd moment where Saul tells Walter White about how he would be running a Cinnabon in Omaha in a month. This is after vacuum man tells him he's going to Nebraska. So he didn't get to pick. That doesn't change the fact that he knows Kim's from Nebraska and she might be there. As I said nothing Vince GIligan does is by accident. He wouldn't be doing the whole Gene flash forward thing unless he was setting it up to play a part in the ending. Kim being from Nebraska is just a little Easter egg he thrown out.

It would probably take me some time to rank all the Better Call Saul seasons but I can get 20% of the list done reeeeaallllll quick.

5. Season 5

It would probably take me some time to rank all the Better Call Saul seasons but I can get 20% of the list done reeeeaallllll quick.

5. Season 5

I guess its a matter of taste. I've enjoyed it. Not sure why we have the Howard storyline but overall I think its advanced the story nicely. Then again I been increasingly told I'm a dumbass in around here in recent days so maybe I just have bad taste.

I guess its a matter of taste. I've enjoyed it. Not sure why we have the Howard storyline but overall I think its advanced the story nicely. Then again I been increasingly told I'm a dumbass in around here in recent days so maybe I just have bad taste.

I've enjoyed it too and it's better than 90% of the other crap on TV, but it's not on the level of the other seasons so far imo. Hoping for a strong finish.

I think you're infected with GOT-DS.

Every single season of Better Caul Saul, Sopranos, BB, Wire, etc. is damn good stuff. It's not unreasonable to say that some seasons are clearly better than others, they are.

The last episodes of GOT were complete dogshit and you're the only one that died on the hill saying they weren't. I don't know what that makes you infected with.

Every single season of Better Caul Saul, Sopranos, BB, Wire, etc. is damn good stuff. It's not unreasonable to say that some seasons are clearly better than others, they are.

The last episodes of GOT were complete dogshit and you're the only one that died on the hill saying they weren't. I don't know what that makes you infected with.
And yet here I stand, alive as a Walker, chuckling at all the armchair drama critics that absolutely NEED to tear other people's great shit down.

"From where I'm sitting Jeeves, with my pipe and fine cognac and 4K resolution, dear old Gilligan just doesn't have it anymore....."

This season of BCS is in your opinion, not as good as the rest. It is my opinion that I'm more entertained by it than previous seasons.

Let's agree to cease with the subjective being masqueraded as the empirical.

And yet here I stand, alive as a Walker, chuckling at all the armchair drama critics that absolutely NEED to tear other people's great shit down.

"From where I'm sitting Jeeves, with my pipe and fine cognac and 4K resolution, dear old Gilligan just doesn't have it anymore....."

This season of BCS is in your opinion, not as good as the rest. It is my opinion that I'm more entertained by it than previous seasons.

Let's agree to cease with the subjective being masqueraded as the empirical.

This season can be your favorite season of the show, and it can be my least favorite, neither means the show isn't good. Last season of the Wire is by far my least fav, still is must watch.

Regarding GOT's final season, we're all just going to assume you're the type of guy that has Rocky 5 on DVD.

Last edited:
How about the last scene last night (April 13) with Saul, Kim and Lalo. One of the best of the series and rivals some of BB's best. I'm leaning towards thinking Kim gets out by using "the eraser". This would be how Saul would have known about him in BB already. And why Saul would have known he was going to Omaha if/when he ended up using the eraser himself.

How about the last scene last night (April 13) with Saul, Kim and Lalo. One of the best of the series and rivals some of BB's best. I'm leaning towards thinking Kim gets out by using "the eraser". This would be how Saul would have known about him in BB already. And why Saul would have known he was going to Omaha if/when he ended up using the eraser himself.
Possible, but I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT