ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
Thoughts on the season finale (or is it the mid-season finale?) I think we have a break, followed by 8 more shows, but not sure.

Mike killing Werner was expected, as was Jimmy getting reinstated.

We saw the events leading to him changing his name, and Kim realizing that Jimmy is completely lacking in sentiment and sincerity.

My question is about the lab beneath the laundromat. I was under the impression that we were still a year, or two, away from the events of BB, but it may be that we are talking less than a year. The lab didn't show up in BB until the 6th episode of Season 3, and last night's episode suggested that all they have left is to finish out the lab and install equipment (which we saw being finalized in the above listed episode).

So, it may be that Walter and Jesse have already started cooking Meth, or will be within the next couple of months of the BCS timeline.

Its all Good Man.

Great Episode. Good Season. We should have known Jimmy would beat the system and become Saul in the process. Not as dramatic a transition as I think most were expecting but brilliantly done.

As for Werner I thought the main theme there was Mike coming to terms with who he is working for and what he is willing to do. Gus is a cold blooded bottom line guy and if doesn't matter what Mike thinks they should do Gus is not compromising what he believes.

Next season will be about the rise of Saul and Gus solidifying his empire. Most interesting thing to me is the Kim / Saul relationship ship. Jimmy has become Saul but Kim is on the fence. Does she go back to Kim Wexler corporate lawyer, follow Jimmy over the edge or try to walk the line? I can't help but believe one of Jimmy's schemes is going to come back to bite Kim big time.

I think Kim is done. She finally realized that Jimmy has no loyalty, no sentimentality, and is completely self centered. She is smart enough to know that a long term relationship with a guy like that is not going to end well for her.

I don't think they will kill off her character, but I can see her moving away in order to start over and get away from him so that she doesn't continue to get sucked back into his world.

Maybe the show will end with him reconnecting with her after hiding out at Cinnabon in Nebraska.

I think Kim is done. She finally realized that Jimmy has no loyalty, no sentimentality, and is completely self centered. She is smart enough to know that a long term relationship with a guy like that is not going to end well for her.

I don't think they will kill off her character, but I can see her moving away in order to start over and get away from him so that she doesn't continue to get sucked back into his world.

Maybe the show will end with him reconnecting with her after hiding out at Cinnabon in Nebraska.

I agree that's logical but it makes for much better TV if they run the relationship out over the next year. No one just walks out of the Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul universe unscathed. She has to suffer the consequences somehow.

I do like the idea of her walking into the Cinnabon one day. But I don't think Saul get's a happy ending. The whole Cinnabon thing has always bothered me. It just seems like Saul would have had a better escape plan. He would have had money hidden somewhere.

Last edited:
I agree that's logical but it makes for much better TV if they run the relationship out over the next year. No one just walks out of the Breaking Bad / Better Cal Saul universe unscathed. She has to suffer the consequences somehow.

I do like the idea of her walking into the Cinnabon one day. But I don't think Saul get's a happy ending. The whole Cinnabon thing has always bothered me. It just seems like Saul would have had a better escape plan. He would have had money hidden somewhere.

I think the Cinnabon thing is falling apart on him already. I figure that the cartel (overseers of the Salamancas/Fring) or the Feds will be tracking him down after his trip to the hospital this season. Where he goes/ends up, I have no idea.

Reactions: Sebastian
I think the Cinnabon thing is falling apart on him already. I figure that the cartel (overseers of the Salamancas/Fring) or the Feds will be tracking him down after his trip to the hospital this season. Where he goes/ends up, I have no idea.
I'm torn on this. He very well could wind up busted or dead, but I could also see him having a mental breakdown due to paranoia and just being completely miserable in his new life.

Solid ending to a great series. Now that we have reached Breaking Bad timeline completely I am ready for the next season.

On the issue of where we are at in the Breaking Bad timeline I don't think we are as close as some of you fo. Earlier this season in the montage of Kim and Jimmy drifting apart they showed a calendar of Fall, 2004 as they rolled through Jimmy year of suspension. That would put us sometime in late 2004 or early 2005 last night. Assuming Breaking Bad was basically real time it premiered in January, 2008 and Saul met Walter White in April. 2009. The lab showed up in Season three.

They may do another time jump next season to get there but my impression is we are three years away from the Breaking Bad. This makes sense because Saul appeared well established in his practice and Gus empire was much more solidified. I'm not sure how the lab fits in but without Verner it would surprise me if it took another year to complete before they even begin cooking. I can't remember exactly what the status was when Walt arrived but I thought the lab had been operation under Gale for some time just with an inferior product.

I thought Gale appearance last night was interesting but I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Last edited:
On the issue of where we are at in the Breaking Bad timeline I don't think we are as close as some of you fo. Earlier this season in the montage of Kim and Jimmy drifting apart they showed a calendar of Fall, 2004 as they rolled through Jimmy year of suspension. That would put us sometime in late 2004 or early 2005 last night. Assuming Breaking Bad was basically real time it premiered in January, 2008 and Saul met Walter White in April. 2009. The lab showed up in Season three.

They may do another time jump next season to get there but my impression is we are three years away from the Breaking Bad. This makes sense because Saul appeared well established in his practice and Gus empire was much more solidified. I'm not sure how the lab fits in but without Verner it would surprise me if it took another year to complete before they even begin cooking. I can't remember exactly what the status was when Walt arrived but I thought the lab had been operation under Gene for some time just with an inferior product.

I thought Gene appearance last night wasn't interesting but I wasn't sure what to make of it.
The lab was operational with Gale for some time before Walt's superior product started cutting into their sales.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
The lab was operational with Gale for some time before Walt's superior product started cutting into their sales.

Didn't we see Gale installing brand new equipment when Walt first was introduced to Gale and the lab in BB?

I guess maybe they were in the process of upgrading the equipment for Walt, but it sure seemed like they were finishing up the lab. Although, I do remember that Gale had built a coffee making apparatus, so maybe he had been working down there for a while.

While watching BB, I was under the impression that Gus had brought Gale into the operation just before he moved on to Walt/Jesse, but maybe that was just how I interpreted it and not specifically stated.

Earlier this season in the montage of Kim and Jimmy drifting apart they showed a calendar of Fall, 2004 as they rolled through Jimmy year of suspension. That would put us sometime in late 2004 or early 2005 last night.

I didn't catch the calendar, but your timeline makes sense. This will give them plenty of time to get rid of the Salamanca that followed Mike trying to find Werner (how did he end up finding Mike and knowing to tale him, anyway?). We still need to eliminate Kim and Nacho from the picture also.

I wonder if Howard is still around when BB rolls around. He could be dead/retired. Or, he could still be doing his thing at HHM, and Saul would have no need to interact with him.

A future cameo by Badger and/or Skinny Pete would be cool.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
I didn't catch the calendar, but your timeline makes sense. This will give them plenty of time to get rid of the Salamanca that followed Mike trying to find Werner (how did he end up finding Mike and knowing to tale him, anyway?). We still need to eliminate Kim and Nacho from the picture also.

I wonder if Howard is still around when BB rolls around. He could be dead/retired. Or, he could still be doing his thing at HHM, and Saul would have no need to interact with him.

A future cameo by Badger and/or Skinny Pete would be cool.
He was following Gus and saw Mike and Gus talking at the Travel Wire

Reactions: Been Jammin
I didn't catch the calendar, but your timeline makes sense. This will give them plenty of time to get rid of the Salamanca that followed Mike trying to find Werner (how did he end up finding Mike and knowing to tale him, anyway?).

Remember he had Nacho take him out to see where he was making the pick up. He was obviously backtracking Gus's operations to get information. When exactly he picked up Mike isn't clear. It may have been at the money place or earlier but he clearly picked up something was wrong at the money place and used the money guy to get information on Verner. It appeared his plan was to pump information from Verner possible the same way he did the money guy. He's clearly a loose cannon to be dealt with next season.

Kim, Howard, Nacho any of these guys could have been around during Breaking Bad and just not interacted with Walt or Jessie. Saul, Mike and Gus would have had other things working that didn't involve Walt. If we do go into breaking bad time. we are going to see things from a much different viewpoint. In my opinion Kim is the least likely because she didn't show up when Saul was disappearing but she could have been there for part of the timeline. Who knows maybe she moved to Wichita and that's why Saul choose to relocate there.

Kim, Howard, Nacho any of these guys could have been around during Breaking Bad and just not interacted with Walt or Jessie.

I can buy Howard still being around. I don't think there is any chance that Kim or Nacho are still in Albuquerque during BB. Especially Nacho, as he is now a double agent, and can't do that for years without Gus or the Salamancas deciding that he is a liability. He's going to die.

I can buy Howard still being around. I don't think there is any chance that Kim or Nacho are still in Albuquerque during BB. Especially Nacho, as he is now a double agent, and can't do that for years without Gus or the Salamancas deciding that he is a liability. He's going to die.

Agree Nacho is most likely a next season casualty. I don't see Kim as being there at the end but they could drag her story out. She's such a big part of the show at this point her departure will leave a huge hole. Howard doesn't have a lot of remaining value. He will probably pop up from time to time. The timing of Kim's demise depends a lot of how many more seasons they do and how fast they move through time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin
I don't get Gus and Gale. Those two just don't seem to go together. Gale doesn't seem serious enough for Gus to trust him with his multi-million dollar secret underground lab. Every other person that Gus interacts with, outside of his LPH employees, are super serious dudes that don't even talk. Gale is a blabber mouth. I guess it's a nitpick but it doesn't fit to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT