ADVERTISEMENT

Best patio mosquito defense

CBradSmith

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2005
Anybody have good success with an off the shelf product?

you've got to spray 30 minutes before sunset up until an hour after sunset. After or before that and they aren't flying around much. That's all I got.

Yeah. I will say i haven’t used the large one like in the picture. I use the smaller one that attaches to my backyard for early deer season. It works, even with wind. It’s literally like an off switch to turn the mosquitos off.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Like this?
They mention on the video that the chemical is similar to the natural repellent found in chrysanthemums.

@JonnyVito that the same repellent in marigolds? You need a big bed, or will a few suffice?

I usually plant several plants in pots around our patio seating. It keeps them off you when out sitting on the porch.

We use Spartan Mosquito , it won't get rid of them totally, but it greatly reduces them. Basically it has yeast and poison in it, you add warm water that activates the yeast that spits out CO2, that attracts them and they drink the water and it kills them. Have to change them every 60 or 90 days (I forget)

Amazon product ASIN B07VNNCYBW

We use 4 tiki torches at the corners with the mosquito repellant oil. Works great

Bats...if you can attract them. At the lake I was successful a couple of years ago getting some bats to take up roosting in a bat box I put up. It has significantly cut down on the number of mosquitoes around the patio/pool.

I haven’t been successful yet at home, but it’s only been up a few months and it took probably 18 months at the lake before I started to see any activity.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Bats...if you can attract them. At the lake I was successful a couple of years ago getting some bats to take up roosting in a bat box I put up. It has significantly cut down on the number of mosquitoes around the patio/pool.

I haven’t been successful yet at home, but it’s only been up a few months and it took probably 18 months at the lake before I started to see any activity.
Ya uh nope

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT