ADVERTISEMENT

Best original programming on Netflix / Amazon?

Bloodline
BoJack Horseman
Broadchurch

Last edited:
House of Cards is a remake of a BBC series.

I really like Bloodline. Longmire, which started on A&E, is really good. I also liked Stranger Things.

Reactions: MegaPoke
  • Bloodline... loved season 1, dropped off a bit for season 2, still good though.
  • Catastrophe from Amazon... very funny.

Stranger Things was fantastic.

I like what I've seen of the Marvel stuff on Netflix.

The Crown is good if you are into history or need something to watch with the wife.

The Fall
The Siege of Jadotville
Bojack Horseman
EASY
Master of None
Beast of No Nation
Stranger Things

I have been really enjoying The Crown, I think we have 1 or 2 episodes left, great acting and the script is really good IMO. I think this was Game of Thrones best season and should have got the best drama golden globe, but The Crown deserved it as well.

There is a documentary on a group of people trying to become a Master Sommelier called "SOMM". I'm not a wine drinker but I found it fascinating watching these guys 'study' and practice for the test.

There is also a bar documentary that I really enjoyed called Hey Bartender. It follows an injured Marine who is a barback at one of the top bars in New York as he tries to become a bartender and an owner of a dive bar down south that is struggling to make a profit and is looking into the rebirth of cocktail culture to turn his business around.

Last edited:
There is also a documentary on a group of people trying to become a Master Sommelier called "SOMM". I'm not a wine drinker but I found it fascinating watching these guys 'study' and practice for the test.
Great show. By the end I was rooting for them like I would my team to win a championship. They also have a second one of these, not the same vibe but really good for wine folks.

Just started "Medici, Masters of Florence" Looks to be centered around Cosimo de' Medici .. dude was a stud.

Has anyone watched "Turn"? My brother keeps telling me to watch. Spies during the revolutionary war.

Reactions: JonnyVito
Has anyone watched "Turn"? My brother keeps telling me to watch. Spies during the revolutionary war.
I watched about a season and a half. It was decent, but I lost interest. I actually read the book (Washington's Spies) upon which the series is (somewhat loosely) based.

Goliath on Amazon with Billy Bob Thornton is good.
I've been on a plane back and forth from Philly for 4 straight weeks now. I have watched Amazon originals Goliath, Sneaky Pete, and The Patriot. All of them are very good, but my favorite is Patriot. Anyone watched it? It's a dark comedy secret ops show. It is hilarious at times. It feels like a long Wes Anderson film to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaPoke
Humans, BBC original (based on Swedish series) - I think it raises some very interesting dilemmas and likely possibilities that will play out in the near future.

I've been on a plane back and forth from Philly for 4 straight weeks now. I have watched Amazon originals Goliath, Sneaky Pete, and The Patriot. All of them are very good, but my favorite is Patriot. Anyone watched it? It's a dark comedy secret ops show. It is hilarious at times. It feels like a long Wes Anderson film to me.

Cool. I'll give it a try!

Reactions: osutater
@MegaPoke it is depressing and scared the shit out of me as a parent with a 12 and 10 year old.

I only saw the last 4-5 episodes but it was well acted and had believable situations and outcomes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT