ADVERTISEMENT

Best original programming on Netflix / Amazon?

Besides the popular/obvious ones mentioned, here a few others we have come across (in no certain order):
  1. Red Oaks - Amazon - about kids working at a country club in the 80s
  2. Love - Netflix
  3. Evil Lives Here - Netflix
  4. Mindhunter - Netflix - FBI agents starting to look into psychology of murder
  5. Bosch - Amazon
  6. Californication (old Showtime series but still awesome)- on both i believe
Wife and I started Mindhunter, about done with season 1. Very graphic, but really enjoying it.

The Irishman. Netflix.

Long movie, maybe approaching 4 hours, had to watch in two sittings, but not because it was boring. Just long. De Niro, Pachino, Peschi. Mob movie about the murder of Jimmy Hoffa.

Storyline seems plausible. If you’re not tolerant of violence or F-bombs, avoid this.

If you’re going to watch the movie, don’t click the link yet.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/jimmy-ho...n-and-the-blood-evidence-we-found-in-the-case

Reactions: sbaPoke
Blindly went into The Ranch, sophomoric at times, but pleasantly surprised. Takes a few episodes.

Maybe covered earlier in the thread...

Have any of you watched “Travelers” on Netflix? Sci-fi fans will really like it. It is very well written and the drama is good, so wives of sci-fi fans would probably like it too. 3 seasons and no more upcoming, so you can binge the whole thing.

Sound of Metal on Amazon Prime is outstanding. It’s a movie not a series.

If you haven't watched Promising Young Woman (movie) on Apple +, you should check it out.

Has anyone watched The Umbrella Academy yet? Given that a 3rd season is in progress on Netflix, I'm surprised there aren't any posts about it yet. That being said, I've had it on our watch list for probably a year now, and only gave it a shot for the first time last night.

So far, I've watched around 3/4ths of the first season and I like it. I don't know how to describe it very well, but the 2 minute Netflix preview does a decent job, other than the fact that the actual story is more complex than the preview lets on.

In any event, I would definitely recommend it, and am curious what others think about it.

Reactions: Cowpoke
Has anyone watched The Umbrella Academy yet? Given that a 3rd season is in progress on Netflix, I'm surprised there aren't any posts about it yet. That being said, I've had it on our watch list for probably a year now, and only gave it a shot for the first time last night.

So far, I've watched around 3/4ths of the first season and I like it. I don't know how to describe it very well, but the 2 minute Netflix preview does a decent job, other than the fact that the actual story is more complex than the preview lets on.

In any event, I would definitely recommend it, and am curious what others think about it.
Oh umbrella academy is badass. One of the better shows on Netflix. As far as a recent show Shadow and Bone is really good

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
Three Mile Island documentary on Netflix was pretty good. Much different than the HBO series about Chernobyl in the sense that the TMI one was a true documentary and not a historical recreation.

Manti Te'o short documentary was great too. I didn't realize how many years ago that all happened.

Addams Family spinoff- Wednesday on Netflix is a very good dark comedy mystery series (8) in the nature of Riverdale meets Harry Potter. Casting is real good and the Ortega girl who plays the lead is perfection. Watch it with your fam.

The White Lotus....I don't get the hype. I just finished Season 1 and only finished it because of hearing how great it was. I probably would have quit midway through the 2nd episode otherwise. Is Season 2 better?

The White Lotus....I don't get the hype. I just finished Season 1 and only finished it because of hearing how great it was. I probably would have quit midway through the 2nd episode otherwise. Is Season 2 better?
It's fine. Not awful. Nothing special either.

I don’t know if it’s been said but “Severance” on Apple TV is one of the best shows I’ve watched in a long time. Uniquely bizarre.

Black Bird on Apple is a helluva good watch.

One of Ray Liotta’s final roles. Really good writing and casting.
We just finished this tonight, thank you for the recommendation. Sad how screwed up some people’s upbringing is. The actor that played Larry Hall was really good.

Reactions: MegaPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT