ADVERTISEMENT

Benelli

dtspoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2003
Looking for a SBE of any flavor or an M2.
12 or 20

If anyone is interested in unloading one, let me know

Cabelas in OKC had a SBEII I believe and an M2 in the used gun room that looked to be in great condition. The M2 looked brand new. This was probably two weeks ago, so who knows if they're still there.

Reactions: dtspoke
@dtspoke

Didn’t you get 1 or 2 new Christensen Arms rifles last year? Did they work well? Are you pleased with the design/performance?

@dtspoke

Didn’t you get 1 or 2 new Christensen Arms rifles last year? Did they work well? Are you pleased with the design/performance?
Yes and kind of.

The Ridgeline Titanium in 6.5 PRC is a tack driver. The Mesa Ti in 300 PRC had some finish problems and I sent it back before I ever fired a shot. I'm not super picky, but the action wasn't bedded properly and instead of redoing it myself I thought I'd send it back for warranty reasons.

If I get it back and everything is good, I'll finish bedding the action and put in new pillars.

I'm thinking of purging some of my guns but I'm happy with these two even though some people have had questionable experiences.

I'm talking with Weatherby about a new Backcountry Ti in 6.5 Wby RPM or a 280 AI.

Yes and kind of.

The Ridgeline Titanium in 6.5 PRC is a tack driver. The Mesa Ti in 300 PRC had some finish problems and I sent it back before I ever fired a shot. I'm not super picky, but the action wasn't bedded properly and instead of redoing it myself I thought I'd send it back for warranty reasons.

If I get it back and everything is good, I'll finish bedding the action and put in new pillars.

I'm thinking of purging some of my guns but I'm happy with these two even though some people have had questionable experiences.

I'm talking with Weatherby about a new Backcountry Ti in 6.5 Wby RPM or a 280 AI.
QC is spotty from my experience. My biggest complaint about my 300 WSM was that they made the magazine out of carbon fiber "to save weight". When fully loaded, the magazine would swell a little and the cartridge wouldn't be pushed by the bolt into the feed ramp reliably, so you could only load 3 rounds. It wasn't a huge deal, but it made me always worry about the reliability of follow up shots or quick loads while moving with the rifle unloaded. The rifle shot lights out, but I sold it.

I'm happy with my rifles, but if I ever did a back country hunt, I'd have to look at my set up pretty seriously to figure a way to lighten the load.

QC is spotty from my experience. My biggest complaint about my 300 WSM was that they made the magazine out of carbon fiber "to save weight". When fully loaded, the magazine would swell a little and the cartridge wouldn't be pushed by the bolt into the feed ramp reliably, so you could only load 3 rounds. It wasn't a huge deal, but it made me always worry about the reliability of follow up shots or quick loads while moving with the rifle unloaded. The rifle shot lights out, but I sold it.

I'm happy with my rifles, but if I ever did a back country hunt, I'd have to look at my set up pretty seriously to figure a way to lighten the load.
I’m afraid it’s not going to get better soon. They are so far behind on orders, and they don’t have the skills hired to meet demand. I’m guessing they are probably rushing guns through

I’m afraid it’s not going to get better soon. They are so far behind on orders, and they don’t have the skills hired to meet demand. I’m guessing they are probably rushing guns through
I get it. I love the look of their rifles. If I go with the carbon barrel thing sometime in the future, it's all Proof Research for me. I spent weeks emailing KK Jense many years ago trying to buy a rifle from him. In that moment, I couldn't ever get the $$$ put together to buy one of his guns. Now he's one of the most successful semi custom makers in the country and universally regarded producing the finest quality weapons in that carbon barrel silo. The test results from various magazines and customers back it up. They're also very expensive, but I've gone to the I'd rather have 4 really nice rifles than 15 off the rack ones. Hell, my Desert Tech barrel conversions costs as much as a most of the domestic factory rifles. And that DT 223 can also handle a 338 Lapua, if I wanted. Pretty damn handy.

I just looked it up. Was emailing KK back in 2009. I wish I had bought one of his full customs back then. Might be worth something today.

I get it. I love the look of their rifles. If I go with the carbon barrel thing sometime in the future, it's all Proof Research for me. I spent weeks emailing KK Jense many years ago trying to buy a rifle from him. In that moment, I couldn't ever get the $$$ put together to buy one of his guns. Now he's one of the most successful semi custom makers in the country and universally regarded producing the finest quality weapons in that carbon barrel silo. The test results from various magazines and customers back it up. They're also very expensive, but I've gone to the I'd rather have 4 really nice rifles than 15 off the rack ones. Hell, my Desert Tech barrel conversions costs as much as a most of the domestic factory rifles. And that DT 223 can also handle a 338 Lapua, if I wanted. Pretty damn handy.

I just looked it up. Was emailing KK back in 2009. I wish I had bought one of his full customs back then. Might be worth something today.
Yeah, but I think his barrels have improved a lot in the last decade. They had some issues with laminates holding their bond back then

if I could scrape together the pesos I’d but a PR Glacier

Yeah, but I think his barrels have improved a lot in the last decade. They had some issues with laminates holding their bond back then

if I could scrape together the pesos I’d but a PR Glacier
Yeah. I think the laminates from all the CF barrel makers had some pains.

Reactions: dtspoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT