ADVERTISEMENT

Be safe out there.

sad deal

never went quail/pheasant hunting during deer rifle season for this reason.

Yes, It's a set up for bad things to happen- Bowhunter likely never knew what hit him.
I was in a restaurant in Altus when I was home from College doing some turkey hunting. Three very young air force guys in camo were in there. One sat down with his buddies all excited and shared loud enough for me and others in the restaurant to here that he "made a good sound shot", but looked and couldn't find the turkey. When asked by his peer "what's a sound shot?" he confidently said, Well I heard a turkey yelp, and a little later when I heard rustling in the bushes nearby, I shot at it. They just looked at him and said nothing. I just turned around and said "Did that Turkey sound like this?" and pulled out my diaphram call and hit it a couple of times. He said yes. I said, then you could have shot me. I'm sorry but there are no good sound shots." He wanted to argue, but the next table of old hunters heard this as well and said "Amen to that" and a few other choice words of disapproval. He and buddies were embarrassed, but I don't know if he really got it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT