ADVERTISEMENT

Barrel threading OKC area

Pokes15

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2006
Any of you had a barrel threaded in the OKC area? I have a Ruger 77 Mark II .223 that I want to put a suppressor on.

Any of you had a barrel threaded in the OKC area? I have a Ruger 77 Mark II .223 that I want to put a suppressor on.

I can't help you with finding someone to thread that barrel, but I'm just curious, does your gun have the old boat paddle stock? I have that same gun with the boat paddle stock with rose wood inlays and stainless barrel in 7.62x39. One of the most accurate guns I have ever owned.

Also, if it's got the stock I'm mentioning, you may want to check GunBroker, these old m77 mkII Rugers are going for two to three times their original sale price now.

2539321_01_ruger_77_mk_ii_7_62x39_ss__640.jpg
I'm

Yep, that's the one, except mine doesn’t have the wood inserts, just all black. It’s definitely worth more than what i got it for, but I’d never sell it. It was my first real hunting rifle I received as a boy. Cold Hand Arms is threading it for me, and I’m putting a SilencerCo Specwar 556 on it.

Sounds like fun. They are fantastic rifles. I think Ruger hit a homerun with the design of that stock, surprised they no longer make it (probably due to them focusing on their "American" line, which to me doesn't hold a candle to their older offerings).

The problem with Ruger nowadays is that, at least for some of their cheaper offerings, their quality control has become somewhat suspect as they roll these things out to meet the surge in gun sales.

My particular setup with the inlays and odd caliber for a rifle like this was a Davidsons exclusive back in the early 90s, and they made an extremely small number of them. One of the more popular YouTube guys (iraqveteran8888) has one and did a couple of videos with it, and the damned price jumped like $200-400 overnight with guys climbing all over themselves to snag one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT