ADVERTISEMENT

At What Point Should Politicians Take Seriously

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
What the protesters banging drums outside their doors have to say? Take the January 6 riot for example. I don’t know how many people attended the rally where Trump spoke, or how many of them proceeded from there to rampage the Capitol building. Obviously they were insisting to be heard. Does one protester represent only himself, or are there 10 people that aren’t there but agree with the protest? A hundred, a thousand, more than a thousand? Whatever the number it seems the politicians, especially the Democrats, not only didn’t listen and take the concerns seriously, but rather doubled down with their harsh reaction. Do they think that is going to lead to peace and tranquility?

I see there are sizable protests by angry citizens breaking out across Europe, furious at the inflation and fuel shortages they are enduring because their leaders have sanctioned Russia and become involved in the Ukrainian proxy war they never wanted or asked for. And by all accounts those same leaders are sneering down their noses at the protesters and ignoring their pleas. Does that seem wise?

What the protesters banging drums outside their doors have to say? Take the January 6 riot for example. I don’t know how many people attended the rally where Trump spoke, or how many of them proceeded from there to rampage the Capitol building. Obviously they were insisting to be heard. Does one protester represent only himself, or are there 10 people that aren’t there but agree with the protest? A hundred, a thousand, more than a thousand? Whatever the number it seems the politicians, especially the Democrats, not only didn’t listen and take the concerns seriously, but rather doubled down with their harsh reaction. Do they think that is going to lead to peace and tranquility?

I see there are sizable protests by angry citizens breaking out across Europe, furious at the inflation and fuel shortages they are enduring because their leaders have sanctioned Russia and become involved in the Ukrainian proxy war they never wanted or asked for. And by all accounts those same leaders are sneering down their noses at the protesters and ignoring their pleas. Does that seem wise?
It's not a proxy war. They are trying to keep a crazy person from attempting to sovietize all of Eastern Europe.

It's not a proxy war. They are trying to keep a crazy person from attempting to sovietize all of Eastern Europe.
Well the European protesters think it’s a proxy war. So do most Americans, even the ones who are cheering it on.

This was not intended to be a thread about the war in Ukraine. But your comment got me to thinking. If I understand correctly your contention is Putin is a mad man who dreams of recapturing the glory of the old USSR, that he has chosen Ukraine as the entry point toward that glory, and from there he intends to sweep across Europe and conquer the whole thing. So aswer me this: several months after the invasion Russia has managed to capture territory in eastern Ukraine amounting to about 1/5 of the country. And from there if western reports are to be believed the invasion stalled and even was repelled in some areas. Russian forces have been shown to barely hang on to the territory they fought so hard to capture. So how will Russia be able to capture and defend the whole country when it takes all they’ve got to hang onto the little success they’ve had? And beyond that how on earth will they be able to go from there and invade and defeat the rest of Europe? Do you give any credence to the thought that maybe the goals they originally articulated were their goals all along, that the claim Putin is insane and wants to rule all of Europe was in error?

approved-russian.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT