ADVERTISEMENT

As many of you know, I sponsor a girl named Katima in an Afghan girl's school

Ostatedchi

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2002
So I almost puked this morning as I read this article looking to see if it was her school or even her that was killed in the bombing. Luckily it wasn't.
But this is just further evidence that a total removal of American troops in Afghanistan is bad foreign policy. We can't give up the ground we worked so hard to gain.

So I almost puked this morning as I read this article looking to see if it was her school or even her that was killed in the bombing. Luckily it wasn't.
But this is just further evidence that a total removal of American troops in Afghanistan is bad foreign policy. We can't give up the ground we worked so hard to gain.

The current regime appears keen on destabilizing the middle east. Why is John Kerry not under arrest for treason yet?

Give up ground “we” worked so hard to gain? What exactly was your part in the endeavor? BTW, don’t you have a son about the right age? Why don’t you give him a gun and an airplane ticket to Afghanistan so he can protect the school? Otherwise you’re gallantly asking other patents to sacrifice their sons for the sake of something for which you’re unwilling to sacrifice your son. I apologize for my rudeness, but it frosts me to hear people who have had no ill effects from this war take such a cavalier attitude about the demands placed on others.

• Love
Reactions: BIGOSUFAN

Very sorry to read about that. We need Afghanistan to stand on its own. That beeing said I do understand wanting to not give up what we have bled so much for. I don't take Ponca's view that you yourself must sacrifice your kids or yourself to give you relevance in this. Every American has some sort of skin in the game, like it or not. Very happy to hear you are willing to try and make a difference in at least one person's life, as through her you will touch so many more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22LR and AC2020
Give up ground “we” worked so hard to gain? What exactly was your part in the endeavor? BTW, don’t you have a son about the right age? Why don’t you give him a gun and an airplane ticket to Afghanistan so he can protect the school? Otherwise you’re gallantly asking other patents to sacrifice their sons for the sake of something for which you’re unwilling to sacrifice your son. I apologize for my rudeness, but it frosts me to hear people who have had no ill effects from this war take such a cavalier attitude about the demands placed on others.
Very rude indeed, but I can’t argue with you. I would also add that I don’t see how the USA, either militarily or otherwise, is supposed to prevent a foreign culture from blowing up its own school children. Seems like the better path would be to remove their ability to fly planes into skyscrapers. And yes, that includes profiling, surveilling, and if necessary, terminating, people in this country who are statistically most likely to fly planes into skyscrapers.

Doesn't merit a reply, but. If my son chose the military, I couldn't think of a more noble cause in which to fight.

And what was my part? I f'ing voted. How about you?

Reactions: 22LR and OUSOONER67
Very sorry to read about that. We need Afghanistan to stand on its own. That beeing said I do understand wanting to not give up what we have bled so much for. I don't take Ponca's view that you yourself must sacrifice your kids or yourself to give you relevance in this. Every American has some sort of skin in the game, like it or not. Very happy to hear you are willing to try and make a difference in at least one person's life, as through her you will touch so many more
Totally agree we need Afghanistan to stand on its own. Until then, we change the culture by educating young ladies. To do that, they need protection. Either locally by their tribe or a stable central government - or by the might of the US military.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Very rude indeed, but I can’t argue with you. I would also add that I don’t see how the USA, either militarily or otherwise, is supposed to prevent a foreign culture from blowing up its own school children. Seems like the better path would be to remove their ability to fly planes into skyscrapers. And yes, that includes profiling, surveilling, and if necessary, terminating, people in this country who are statistically most likely to fly planes into skyscrapers.

Sometimes my emotions get the best of me, and I always regret it after the fact. I’m a veteran of the same little tussle as John Kerry, and half a century later I still carry emotional scars. I hate people like Donald Trump who cashed in his father’s wealth to avoid that damned war, and then declared he was as brave as anyone in VietNam because he faced getting an STD from all the young women he was banging. And Joe Biden, who probably got out of serving because he was too f_____g stupid. And John Bolton who never saw a conflict the US should stay out of, but didn’t want to serve in VietNam because he didn’t think he should have to die in a rice paddy.

America has perfected the art of being involved in a war without its citizens having to do much more than pay taxes to support it. As a result no one considers what we’re doing to people we don’t’ know in places we couldn’t find on a map, and that includes the devastating effects on our own young people who fall prey to the propaganda. We’ve taken the notion of “the only good Indian is a dead Indian” and projected onto anyone our leaders tell us aren’t really human beings and destroying them is acceptable. Maybe if a few more of us had the experience of the artillery raining down on us personally we would be a little more aware of what’s going on.

I’ll now step aside and observe the incoming from those that disagree!

And what was my part? I f'ing voted. How about you?
You voted? That’s your contribution? You must be so proud! You voted for a war that’s lasted two decades, cost American treasure in the trillions of dollars, needlessly killed several thousand of our own young and hundreds of thousands of innocent swarthy skinned people who probably deserve their fate because they don’t vote. Yeah, your contribution is of immeasurable importance!

I stood up and was counted. I didn't ask anyone to tag along with me.

I was honored to serve with the Koreans and Germans who sought to become U. S. citizens, Negro-Navajos, some sons of the WW II Navajo code talkers and a bunch of under privileged white guys who joined the USAF who feared getting drafted. Talk about a rag tag bunch, but we were brothers.

The problem was we never truly went to win.....patrolling the countryside, winning the hearts and minds etc., was very reminiscent of another war we politically lost. When they had OBL and the rest of the goat screwing pedophiles cornered in Tora Bora we should have dropped a tactical nuke and fried those heathens, world opinion be damned.

Now we had buy in from ensconced opportunist in the afghan government and the people who will ultimately pay when the withdraw is accomplished will be women and any free minded individuals left. Do you really think they give a shit about young ladies, given this is the same subhumans that have no problem burying women up to their necks and stoning them for adultery and having done so, will retire to their tents and cornhole young men?

The Russian went old testament and couldn't move the needle, so us thinking we could walk in wave the flag, educate young women and men, train the military and then leave without issues is deluding themselves. Another bloodbath is on the horizon and if there is any justice it should be laid at the feet of "W" and the ex-rodent in chief.

We haven't truly showed up to win a war since WWII.......the real shame is if it weren't for spineless politicians, special interest groups and media hacks we wouldn't even have been in Afghanistan. But since the proper security, vetting and laws to have prevented 9/11 weren't in effect nor enforced we have a human, national and world disaster. We're a western country who values life....the rest of these heathens are backwards ass 14th century adherents to a system and religion that believes when exterminated they will have 77 virgins waiting for them.

We have no business ever entering another conflict in Asia, with ground troops.

OstateDchi, I'm sorry for your young lady hopefully she will get out before the whole place caves in.

The problem was we never truly went to win.....patrolling the countryside, winning the hearts and minds etc., was very reminiscent of another war we politically lost. When they had OBL and the rest of the goat screwing pedophiles cornered in Tora Bora we should have dropped a tactical nuke and fried those heathens, world opinion be damned.

Now we had buy in from ensconced opportunist in the afghan government and the people who will ultimately pay when the withdraw is accomplished will be women and any free minded individuals left. Do you really think they give a shit about young ladies, given this is the same subhumans that have no problem burying women up to their necks and stoning them for adultery and having done so, will retire to their tents and cornhole young men?

The Russian went old testament and couldn't move the needle, so us thinking we could walk in wave the flag, educate young women and men, train the military and then leave without issues is deluding themselves. Another bloodbath is on the horizon and if there is any justice it should be laid at the feet of "W" and the ex-rodent in chief.

We haven't truly showed up to win a war since WWII.......the real shame is if it weren't for spineless politicians, special interest groups and media hacks we wouldn't even have been in Afghanistan. But since the proper security, vetting and laws to have prevented 9/11 weren't in effect nor enforced we have a human, national and world disaster. We're a western country who values life....the rest of these heathens are backwards ass 14th century adherents to a system and religion that believes when exterminated they will have 77 virgins waiting for them.

We have no business ever entering another conflict in Asia, with ground troops.

OstateDchi, I'm sorry for your young lady hopefully she will get out before the whole place caves in.
Could not agree more with your first line. You win wars by inflicting so much death and destruction on the enemy that they get tired of dying. We did this to the British in the 1770s, the North did it to the South in the 1860s, and we did it to the Japs and Germans in WW2. We did NOT do this in WW1, Korea, Vietnam, and the GWOT. Go figure.

Our media and Govt is so corrupt it's hard to know what's the truth. I think we've been lied to for generations. I find myself going back and questioning everything. I used to think Bush was a good guy not a globalist POS.

And as for the "I voted" comment- kudos to that. I do believe that's not enough anymore- not even close. We have to all become way more involved activist and find out the truth.

Now Liberal scum line 07 pit, Osu mat and Sys don't need to become activist they just need to go sit on the couch bc there's zero hope😬

Reactions: OUSOONER67

I saw that explosion in the news just now. They're so GD dumb and mean and backwards, I smh at trying to figure out a solution.

On some level you gotta ask what's the outer limit of this country's sacrifice to "fix" their ignorance, though.
Sometimes my emotions get the best of me, and I always regret it after the fact. I’m a veteran of the same little tussle as John Kerry, and half a century later I still carry emotional scars. I hate people like Donald Trump who cashed in his father’s wealth to avoid that damned war, and then declared he was as brave as anyone in VietNam because he faced getting an STD from all the young women he was banging. And Joe Biden, who probably got out of serving because he was too f_____g stupid. And John Bolton who never saw a conflict the US should stay out of, but didn’t want to serve in VietNam because he didn’t think he should have to die in a rice paddy.

America has perfected the art of being involved in a war without its citizens having to do much more than pay taxes to support it. As a result no one considers what we’re doing to people we don’t’ know in places we couldn’t find on a map, and that includes the devastating effects on our own young people who fall prey to the propaganda. We’ve taken the notion of “the only good Indian is a dead Indian” and projected onto anyone our leaders tell us aren’t really human beings and destroying them is acceptable. Maybe if a few more of us had the experience of the artillery raining down on us personally we would be a little more aware of what’s going on.

I’ll now step aside and observe the incoming from those that disagree!

I personally think the gist of this is so patently obvious and moral that we should've been out during W's administration. This country has a real problem with chickenhawks that always want to go to war.

It always seems to be the most ardent "pro lifers" that advocate breaking out guns and bombs.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT