ADVERTISEMENT

Arrest.... won’t be the last.

979.gif

Leaking confidential by law financial information to the media due to political motivations doesn’t make you a Patriot.

It makes you a criminal and someone willing to use your authority and access as a government official to violate someone else’s individual privacy rights.

That’s all.

Last edited:
Leaking confidential by law financial information to the media due to political motivations doesn’t make you a Patriot.

It makes you a criminal and someone willing to your authority as a government official violate someone else’s individual privacy rights.

That’s all.
You can @me dad.

You gave your opinion.

I gave mine.

It’s all good.
Would your opinion change if she did try to go through the whistleblower protocol and it was squashed? The Supreme Court recently ruled in Feb of this year to strip whistleblowing protections out of some corporate structures and the NSA is currently having to repair its image after squashing and retaliating against whistleblowers in the intelligence community. I don’t have the faith you might in FinCen under Sec Manchin to hold themselves to a higher standard than the NSA.

Would your opinion change if she did try to go through the whistleblower protocol and it was squashed?

No....because the whistleblower protocol doesn’t provide for disclosure to the media if you don’t get the results you want when you use it.

Whistleblower protocols provide you the means and protection to disclose or forward information to authorities with prosecutorial and investigative powers...not to dictate what those authorities do with the information by unilaterally violating other’s statutory right to privacy.

Edit to respond to your edit: NSA allegedly retaliated against people that used the whistleblower protocol properly. That’s not we are talking about here. We are talking about someone that, if they did utilize whistleblower protocols chose to violate the law because she didn’t get the organizational response she desires.

If Manchin were to retaliate against someone in Treasury that followed the whistleblower protocol, the proper response of the victim, the proper response would be the appeal and remedies available within the whistleblower protocol itself...not deciding to violate confidentiality laws on your own say so.

Last edited:
No....because the whistleblower protocol doesn’t provide for disclosure to the media if you don’t get the results you want when you use it.

Whistleblower protocols provide you the means and protection to disclose or forward information to authorities with prosecutorial and investigative powers...not to dictate what those authorities do with the information by unilaterally violating other’s statutory right to privacy.
I edited after you quoted to lend a little context as to why I ask. I understand how the protections are supposed to work. I have no faith that they are working in this or nearly any other administration.

Reactions: Ponca Dan
I edited after you quoted to lend a little context as to why I ask. I understand how the protections are supposed to work. I have no faith that they are working in this or nearly any other administration.

I edited my response to reply to your edit.

I concede whistleblower protections may not be as strong as they should be, but choosing to just violate the law and a fellow citizen’s privacy right is equally, perhaps more, egregious IMO.

I edited my response to reply to your edit.

I concede whistleblower protections may not be as strong as they should be, but choosing to just violate the law and a fellow citizen’s privacy right is equally, perhaps more, egregious conduct IMO.
Understood and in normal times I would agree. There is definetly more to come in this story, that’s for sure. Whether it’s good or bad for the accused and or the country, I guess we will see.

I hate to be that guy, but are we sure she was motivated by whistleblower failure? What if her releases to the media were politically motivated? Still a patriot?

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Understood and in normal times I would agree. There is definetly more to come in this story, that’s for sure. Whether it’s good or bad for the accused and or the country, I guess we will see.

This is the time where I point out that my views on the law and necessity for government officials to follow the law scrupulously doesn’t change based upon the times or the administration in power.

I hate to be that guy, but are we sure she was motivated by whistleblower failure? What if her releases to the media were politically motivated? Still a patriot?
Like I said we will find out, but based on what little I have gleaned from an associate of hers she is as straight an arrow in that department as any. This is about Russia collusion, she was obviously freaked out about it enough to risk her current situation. This is not someone who is young and idealistic and scared like Reality Winner. This is gonna be a bigger deal than I think may realize one way or the other.

I think his statement that she should have gone through such protocols and “may” have is a concession that he isn’t sure one way or the other.

This is the time where I point out that my views on the law and necessity for government officials to follow the law scrupulously doesn’t change based upon the times or the administration in power.
The government aren’t always the good guys and sometimes you have to break a few eggs for the good of the people. Washington and King George and whatnot. I know you and I don’t see eye to eye as to the current emeregency state our government is in and this may or may not be one of those times. We will find out.

The government aren’t always the good guys and sometimes you have to break a few eggs for the good of the people. Washington and King George and whatnot. I know you and I don’t see eye to eye as to the current emeregency state our government is in and this may or may not be one of those times. We will find out.

“The Government” are rarely the good guys, but that doesn’t justify an administrator in “the Government” to knowingly violate the duly enacted laws of the country. Those laws protect all people of the country...not just the ones you like or agree with.

Washington wasn’t a government official of England and ended up a traitor to England rather than an English Patriot.

I’m all for the notion of civil disobedience. A fundamental aspect of civil disobedience is the openness and transparency in violating the law and the willingness to accept and undergo the punishment for your lawbreaking to show the unjustness of the law.

“Leaking” confidential records contrary to law isn’t civil disobedience....it’s just breaking the law.

“The Government” are rarely the good guys, but that doesn’t justify an administrator in “the Government” to knowingly violate the duly enacted laws of the country. Those laws protect all people of the country...not just the ones you like or agree with.

Washington wasn’t a government official of England and ended up a traitor to England rather than an English Patriot.

I’m all for the notion of civil disobedience. A fundamental aspect of civil disobedience is the openness and transparency in violating the law and the willingness to accept and undergo the punishment for your lawbreaking to show the unjustness of the law.

“Leaking” confidential records contrary to law isn’t civil disobedience....it’s just breaking the law.
I like the idea of chosing my leader free of foreign interference. As of today there is a major question as to whether or not we were allowed to do just that in 2016. What do you do if the government you are working for has been installed by a foreign power and the only mechanism that could save the country from this intrusion has lain itself at the altar of the newly installed administration for political expediency and guilt of their own? How do you go to a boss installed by that administration and report on them? I would agree with you in every year of my life until 2016. I am more skeptical than ever of this government than any other in my life. I wish more on this board and in this country were and I’m not saying you aren’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ponca Dan
I like the idea of chosing my leader free of foreign interference. As of today there is a major question as to whether or not we were allowed to do just that in 2016. What do you do if the government you are working for has been installed by a foreign power and the only mechanism that could save the country from this intrusion has lain itself at the altar of the newly installed administration for political expediency and guilt of their own? How do you go to a boss installed by that administration and report on them? I would agree with you in every year of my life until 2016. I am more skeptical than ever of this government than any other in my life. I wish more on this bored and in this country were and I’m not saying you aren’t.

Are you high?

How many times are leftists gonna double down on Russia? And pretend it's new?

Reactions: wyomingosualum
Patriot. got caught. Should have gone through the whistleblower channels and may have tried. Will pay a steep price but I bet her conscience is clear.

Glad she was arrested. We deal with SARs everyday. If I ever published one, I'd be fired on the spot and charged with anything the company could come up with. But I bet you don't even know what a SAR is.

I like the idea of chosing my leader free of foreign interference. As of today there is a major question as to whether or not we were allowed to do just that in 2016. What do you do if the government you are working for has been installed by a foreign power and the only mechanism that could save the country from this intrusion has lain itself at the altar of the newly installed administration for political expediency and guilt of their own? How do you go to a boss installed by that administration and report on them? I would agree with you in every year of my life until 2016. I am more skeptical than ever of this government than any other in my life. I wish more on this bored and in this country were and I’m not saying you aren’t.

Really? Unless you know something the rest of us dont, I don't know of one single person who has been charged for this. Please proceed with your info..

Reactions: CBradSmith

None of which is ever actually addresses or justifies deciding to secretly violate the law that was voted on by the peoples representatives in open session and signed by the President long ago.

Basically you are advocating for violating the law and imposing yourself as judge and jury as to who should be protected by the law and Constitution because you personally doubt the legitimacy of an election.

To act illegitimately yourself because you deem someone else in office illegitimate. That’s the very definition of authoritarianism to me. Basically becoming a one man unto oneself instead of relying upon the check and balances inherent in the Constitution.

None of which is ever actually addresses or justifies deciding to secretly violate the law that was voted on by the peoples representatives in open session and signed by the President long ago.

Basically you are advocating for violating the law and imposing yourself as judge and jury as to who should be protected by the law and Constitution because you personally doubt the legitimacy of an election.

To act illegitimately yourself because you deem someone else in office illegitimate. That’s the very definition of authoritarianism to me. Basically becoming a one man unto oneself instead of relying upon the check and balances inherent in the Constitution.
Agree to disagree. But that is all what the law is in the first place, a set of agreed upon rules enforced by a Legitimate Government. The question at the very heart of this situation is one of legitimacy. I believe when the facts have all been lain bare in the coming months in years that question will be answered. We don’t have mechanisms to deal with an illegitimate government, we can’t redo the election so it will be interesting to see what we do when it has become painfully obvious this administration is illegitimate.

Like I said we will find out, but based on what little I have gleaned from an associate of hers she is as straight an arrow in that department as any. This is about Russia collusion, she was obviously freaked out about it enough to risk her current situation. This is not someone who is young and idealistic and scared like Reality Winner. This is gonna be a bigger deal than I think may realize one way or the other.
So, you're saying you know an associate of hers? <insert chin rubbing with one eyebrow raised emoji>

Again, the question is, if the media leaks were done for political reasons, is she still a patriot?

So, you're saying you know an associate of hers? <insert chin rubbing with one eyebrow raised emoji>

Again, the question is, if the media leaks were done for political reasons, is she still a patriot?
The internet is an amazing and terrifying tool. Of course not but I have no idea who she roots for in the NFL.

Agree to disagree. But that is all what the law is in the first place, a set of agreed upon rules enforced by a Legitimate Government. The question at the very heart of this situation is one of legitimacy. I believe when the facts have all been lain bare in the coming months in years that question will be answered. We don’t have mechanisms to deal with an illegitimate government, we can’t redo the election so it will be interesting to see what we do when it has become painfully obvious this administration is illegitimate.

We absolutely do have mechanisms to deal with an illegitimate government and its officials.

The impeachment process.

And that process does not include individuals determining for themselves that the government is illegitimate and violating the clearly legitimate laws enacted in the past as a result of their opinion on the topic.

The internet is an amazing and terrifying tool. Of course not but I have no idea who she roots for in the NFL.
Yes to amazing, lol to terrifying.

Why didn't you include the part about her actual whistleblower case being something completely unrelated to what she was arrested for? What about the highly sensitive stuff she possessed regarding Iran and ISIS?

What if the entirety of the Russia Russia Russia narrative was created by the Obama administration? What if the only collusion that occurred was between the Obama DOJ and the Clinton campaign/DNC?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT