ADVERTISEMENT

Are whites the only race that practices racism?

The president of the United States destroyed the black family in the 1960s? Are you still arguing that the opportunities are equal?
Have never once argued that opportunities are equal. My argument is that racism is a very low cause. For example there is no disputing the disintegration of the black family. I do not believe white people in 2021 want black families to disintegrate and black kids not have father figures. Pointing out that the disintegration exists is not wanting it to be so.

I used to sit on the porch swing of the original Whitney Houston in south Lawton. Every day at 5:30 her father came home from work, as did fathers all up and down the block. Then came LBJ's Great Society and War on Poverty. Black fathers vanished.

Baseless racist charges is M. O. for the Left. AC2020 and iasooner2000 don't give a mouse's hiney what color Obama and I am. They look in the hearts and at policies.

No one here sees racism as well as I. I'm good at it.
South Lawton? You ok?

I used to sit on the porch swing of the original Whitney Houston in south Lawton. Every day at 5:30 her father came home from work, as did fathers all up and down the block. Then came LBJ's Great Society and War on Poverty. Black fathers vanished.

Baseless racist charges is M. O. for the Left. AC2020 and iasooner2000 don't give a mouse's hiney what color Obama and I am. They look in the hearts and at policies.

No one here sees racism as well as I. I'm good at it.
That was not the beginning but it certainly was a strong contributing factor. The NAACP was against many of those policies because it would promote a destruction of self reliance. But to suggest that is the only cause is ludicrous. The southern strategy was/is the single largest factor.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Why is that obvious to you?
For precisely the reason I stated. Blacks and whites of equal station in life have very similar incomes. That applies to everyone from the upper class to lower. If racism is the primary factor in income inequality that would not be the case. There is obviously something else beside White privilege/racism at work. So focusing strictly on racism is destined for failure. And, indeed, race relations are faltering at an unprecedented rate. Our society has become so hypnotized by the race card we are sleep walking into utter chaos.

Have never once argued that opportunities are equal. My argument is that racism is a very low cause. For example there is no disputing the disintegration of the black family. I do not believe white people in 2021 want black families to disintegrate and black kids not have father figures. Pointing out that the disintegration exists is not wanting it to be so.
I guess congratulations to us? No racism just huge differences between the races in wealth and income!

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I don't think it's stupid at all. I remember in 7th grade reading about what Russian kids were taught in school about the end of WW2. Russia declared war on Japan on August 8th, the following day the 2nd atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki. In Russian textbooks, Japan's surrender was credited to Russia declaring war on them as opposed to the atomic bombs. How you choose to interpret the facts shapes your perception of history. Without a doubt, American history has largely been recorded and interpreted by whites. Having a month where we make a point to focus on different events, people, and interpretations of the facts is a good thing in my opinion.

I'm sure Japan did consider the Russians declaring war on them as one of the reason they surrendered but it was no where near one of the important reasons. At the time Japan's tactic was to inflict massive casualties on American troops hoping American public opinion would force a negotiated cease fire. They didn't realize or understand the resolve of our leaders or the American public Remember the Japanese felt they were superior and did not hold the American people in high regard. With Russia declaring war, Japan realized the inevitable conclusion was decided and knew it was better for Japan to surrender to the Americans. Unlike the left the Russians are experts at propaganda and know there must be a logical explanation for any position. Leftist are just insane.

I guess congratulations to us? No racism just huge differences between the races in wealth and income!
I know you want to make income inequality the fault of white racism. I’m not sure why you want that to be so, but I recognize that is the hill you are willing to die upon. But if you are in error - and I firmly believe you are - you are only exacerbating and extending the problem into the future, you are making things worse rather than better. It’s as if the race baiters want there to be conflict. I believe you personally are well meaning, but you have launched yourself down the wrong intellectual path. Look, your side of the argument is clearly winning. So ask yourself why as your side gains impetus do things only get worse?

I know you want to make income inequality the fault of white racism. I’m not sure why you want that to be so, but I recognize that is the hill you are willing to die upon. But if you are in error - and I firmly believe you are - you are only exacerbating and extending the problem into the future, you are making things worse rather than better. It’s as if the race baiters want there to be conflict. I believe you personally are well meaning, but you have launched yourself down the wrong intellectual path. Look, your side of the argument is clearly winning. So ask yourself why as your side gains impetus do things only get worse?
I guess my point Dan is not that racism exists (although it does), its that it did exist and the effects are still felt today and it is born out in the differences in opportunity between white and black people as demonstrated by the wealth and income gaps. You are good with inequality of opportunity as long as it can't be traced to present day racism?

I guess my point Dan is not that racism exists (although it does), its that it did exist and the effects are still felt today and it is born out in the differences in opportunity between white and black people as demonstrated by the wealth and income gaps. You are good with inequality of opportunity as long as it can't be traced to present day racism?
Are you good with what LBJ and Biden did and instead of unwinding it just scream racism?

Teacher unions, HUD practices, changing welfare so that it doesn’t encourage families to devolve and capping assistance at 2 children, and a complete reform of the judicial system.
Can you be more specific? Ban teachers unions? Were teachers unions an LBJ thing or a Biden thing? What HUD practice are you against? What about welfare encourages families to devolve? Why cap assistance at 2 children is it the 3rd child's assistance that runs off the father?

What opportunities do black people not have access too?

I'll notify the black CEO of the publicly traded company I work for that he didn't have the same opportunity as a white man to become CEO.

Is that how this works?
corporate-pipeline-1-1256x500.png

Could just be that white guys have the CEO gene I guess.

Teacher unions, HUD practices, changing welfare so that it doesn’t encourage families to devolve and capping assistance at 2 children, and a complete reform of the judicial system.
Dump affirmative action. We all suffer.

Shauna is pregnant with child #4 so her welfare check will go up.

Shauna will work only part time at Genie Car Wash so not to interfere with Medicaid. Management has offered full time.

Shauna has offered to educate me on getting my own "free" Obama phone. I've declined her invitation.

Consuvative bruthuh Chahlie stays 'cross street from famly so famly can cullek well fauh checks.

ADVERTISEMENT