ADVERTISEMENT

Are whites the only race that practices racism?

You are the left wing version of our right wing friend @osuintx. You seem to be blaming 1960’s America on 2021 America. As a person whose early adult years were in the 1960’s I can assure you the dynamic today is nothing like it was then. If anything the racial recriminations have been reversed. I doubt that a single person on this board believes he loves oppression. So it stands to reason they would take extreme unction at being so insulted. What do you hope to attain with such insults? Do you think it will get any of the people you label as racist to change their opinion? I assure you it will fail.
I too was around in the 60's . Lived in Shreveport. It may be more subtle now, but it is the same. You haters want minorities to fail so you can feel all superior. If you really wanted to improve society, you would pursue a different path than continuing the Southern Strategy. It does not work. Everyone needs to look for a different approach than the same old oppression practiced by the right. If you want change, then change your approach, as it has failed miserably. Minority leaders, majority leaders and everyday citizens need to seek solutions that have not been proven to fail.

No, no, no, my friend, don’t evade answering. What is the income inequality between a black person and a white person with identical backgrounds? My son, for example, graduated Harvard in 2000. Some of the people in his peer group are black. Without exception they are doing as well or better income-wise as his white peers, including him. That’s anecdotal I admit, but what explains that anecdote? Where is the racism you so fervently want to see? What does your chart have to say about income inequality between races of nearly identical backgrounds, race being the only difference?
A stupid question. The SINGLE best forecast of future success is socio economic background. Some people rise above it and some fall below. Of course a person who has that type of education will have a far better chance of financial success. That is not the question. The question should be, How do we get equal educational opportunities and positive successful role models that look like the kids that are being raised severely disadvantaged?. Until we stop oppressing the minorities and pushing them to the BAD part of town, the crime rate will continue unabated. It seems the right wingers like sending minority kids to prison for profit instead of finding better solutions to the crime in the first place.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
A stupid question. The SINGLE best forecast of future success is socio economic background. Some people rise above it and some fall below. Of course a person who has that type of education will have a far better chance of financial success. That is not the question. The question should be, How do we get equal educational opportunities and positive successful role models that look like the kids that are being raised severely disadvantaged?. Until we stop oppressing the minorities and pushing them to the BAD part of town, the crime rate will continue unabated. It seems the right wingers like sending minority kids to prison for profit instead of finding better solutions to the crime in the first place.
You know liberals are inviting them to stay in those neighborhoods thorough legislation right?

I too was around in the 60's . Lived in Shreveport. It may be more subtle now, but it is the same. You haters want minorities to fail so you can feel all superior. If you really wanted to improve society, you would pursue a different path than continuing the Southern Strategy. It does not work. Everyone needs to look for a different approach than the same old oppression practiced by the right. If you want change, then change your approach, as it has failed miserably. Minority leaders, majority leaders and everyday citizens need to seek solutions that have not been proven to fail.
There you go again! I have never once presented myself as a hater, nor have I ever suggested I want minorities to fail for any reason. Furthermore as a radical libertarian anarchist I have never endorsed the Southern Strategy - or any other electoral strategy for that matter. As for the oppression of the right you have a limited point, the right has historically endorsed oppressive policies, not all of them racially motivated. Where you seem to have a blind spot is in recognizing the left has a much more zealous history of oppression, including racist overtones. You’re casting stones from a glass house. You would do well to do a little deeper reflection on the team you support.

Okay, you make a legitimate point, not exactly on the topic between Pilt and myself. But a legitimate point nevertheless. Answer your own question: how does society achieve equal educational opportunities, etc.? If you read the link from Walter Williams you know much of the educational inequality is the direct result of policies your team insists upon. So how are you going to persuade your team to advocate for black kids and not the teacher unions? Got any ideas you care to share?

Why does their race matter? Why do you bring up they were black? Because you are racist.
It's a racial jungle out there, right Pedo Joe?

Not a shock that a female getting traumatized is a laughing matter to a person like you. Because it was directed at my wife, you had better hope I never find out who you are.

Not a shock that a female getting traumatized is a laughing matter to a person like you. Because it was directed at my wife, you had better hope I never find out who you are.
Never, ever, in my life have a ever seen such a bunch of dumb, liberal motherfvckers congregated on one site.

Sorry, I got carried away with another reply and forgot to add this. I would postulate that when two people of similar backgrounds but different races achieve similar income results then racism is not a prominent category to explain income inequality between races as a whole. I suspect @07pilt’s graph would show an equal income comparison between “poor uneducated white trash” to “poor uneducated blacks,” which would further eliminate racism as a component. As long as race baiters have the stage I doubt anything positive will ever be accomplished.

There you go again! I have never once presented myself as a hater, nor have I ever suggested I want minorities to fail for any reason. Furthermore as a radical libertarian anarchist I have never endorsed the Southern Strategy - or any other electoral strategy for that matter. As for the oppression of the right you have a limited point, the right has historically endorsed oppressive policies, not all of them racially motivated. Where you seem to have a blind spot is in recognizing the left has a much more zealous history of oppression, including racist overtones. You’re casting stones from a glass house. You would do well to do a little deeper reflection on the team you support.
If a guy expresses his liking for you but every time he greets you he punches your face, you may not need him to verbally express that he may not like you after all.

You're a racist piece of trash.

How dare you minimize what happened to my wife for the sake of advancing your bigoted agenda.
I minimize nobodies pain. That is what separates libs from cons. I made the point that whites are criminals too as you suggested only blacks commit crimes.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
If a guy expresses his liking for you but every time he greets you he punches your face, you may not need him to verbally express that he may not like you after all.
I have no earthly idea what this means.

I minimize nobodies pain. That is what separates libs from cons. I made the point that whites are criminals too as you suggested only blacks commit crimes.

All races commit crimes. No race commits violent crime so disproportionately as young black males though. You have 3% of the population committing over 50% of violent crime in the country.

And that lack of father involvement, in your opinion, is that due to a deficient fathering gene or some external influence?
The missing father is probably the part that starts the problem. That was the goal of the Southern Strategy. Push long prison sentences for minor offences by blacks. Whites would get minor fines. This would destroy the black nuclear family and keep the community in poverty for decades. The Southern Strategy was a huge success for the right wingers.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
The missing father is probably the part that starts the problem. That was the goal of the Southern Strategy. Push long prison sentences for minor offences by blacks. Whites would get minor fines. This would destroy the black nuclear family and keep the community in poverty for decades. The Southern Strategy was a huge success for the right wingers.

Biden’s Crime Bill filled up the for profit prisons.

Can you compare the effectiveness of both?

TinfoilHat.jpg

I don’t know where you are getting the information that forms your opinions, but I think you are mixing up the Southern Strategy with LBJ’s Great Society. LBJ almost single handedly has destroyed the black family with his policies.

No, no, no, my friend, don’t evade answering. What is the income inequality between a black person and a white person with identical backgrounds? My son, for example, graduated Harvard in 2000. Some of the people in his peer group are black. Without exception they are doing as well or better income-wise as his white peers, including him. That’s anecdotal I admit, but what explains that anecdote? Where is the racism you so fervently want to see? What does your chart have to say about income inequality between races of nearly identical backgrounds, race being the only difference?
Dan even if I concede that if you control for education and background there is no gap, then the question remains why does education and background vary by race?

It’s enlightening that you chose to stop the quote where you did. The next sentence reads: “But worse than that is that white liberals, black politicians and civil rights leaders, perhaps unwittingly, have taken steps to ensure that black children remain trapped.”
Oh I left the part out about politicians creating a system that holds back people, sorry.

Who is laughing? I feel bad that your wife was traumatized. And I feel bad that your wife is married to a racist asshole who thinks he can what about his way out of his words with quotes from 1977 from a president that I have repeatedly called racist.

Does your wife know that you use her trauma for winning internet arguments?

Cultural differences
Care to consider why black people would have a separate culture? They have been here since the 1600s. Trying to think of anything that would keep them separate enough to develop their own vastly different culture.

I don’t know where you are getting the information that forms your opinions, but I think you are mixing up the Southern Strategy with LBJ’s Great Society. LBJ almost single handedly has destroyed the black family with his policies.
The president of the United States destroyed the black family in the 1960s? Are you still arguing that the opportunities are equal?

Care to consider why black people would have a separate culture? They have been here since the 1600s. Trying to think of anything that would keep them separate enough to develop their own vastly different culture.

I don’t know but I know it’s not isolated to black culture or America..

Seems to be system wide.

Last edited:
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Oh I left the part out about politicians creating a system that holds back people, sorry.
As your are a person who holds politicians and bureaucrats in the highest esteem it is easy to understand why you would leave out that part. No need for you to apologize.

As your are a person who holds politicians and bureaucrats in the highest esteem it is easy to understand why you would leave out that part. No need for you to apologize.
You must have me confused

LBJ and the great society was the start of the destruction of black families
I used to sit on the porch swing of the original Whitney Houston in south Lawton. Every day at 5:30 her father came home from work, as did fathers all up and down the block. Then came LBJ's Great Society and War on Poverty. Black fathers vanished.

Baseless racist charges is M. O. for the Left. AC2020 and iasooner2000 don't give a mouse's hiney what color Obama and I am. They look in the hearts and at policies.

No one here sees racism as well as I. I'm good at it.

Dan even if I concede that if you control for education and background there is no gap, then the question remains why does education and background vary by race?
That’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? But it’s obvious (to me, at least) that racism is not the core problem. Since no one “knows” the answer I think we could begin by the process of elimination. If racism is as far down the list as it obviously is (to me, at least) I think we should begin by eliminating the racism rhetoric, or at least putting it on the back burner, because it has done nothing but increase strife and tension, which is hardly an approach that will have positive results.

I think the demise of our society began at the beginning of the 20th Century when our intellectuals fell under the collectivist spell of the German philosophers. Our individualist spirit hung tough for the better part of a century, but now it is hanging by a thread. Collectivism
Is the political/philosophical evil of mankind, and it is wreaking havoc everywhere it gains prominence. When MLK advised us to evaluate each other by the content of our character he was espousing pure individualism. No one of prominence talks like that any more. To our detriment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT