ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know the scrap metal business?

Headhunter

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Stillwater, OK
Looking to get rid of military surplus trucks and trailers, they are just sitting and rusting away plus we need the space. Some are definitely usable but they are huge and expensive to operate so I'm thinking the best option is to just scrap them.

There are many of our friends from south of the border who will take those off your hands and pay you cash. They'll come get them started and head south. Just don't ask any questions about what they're doing with them. Probably get more money than scrapping them.

Looking to get rid of military surplus trucks and trailers, they are just sitting and rusting away plus we need the space. Some are definitely usable but they are huge and expensive to operate so I'm thinking the best option is to just scrap them.

You may be surprised by what some collector out there may pay for them. There's more than a few businesses out there that buy the larger trucks and paint them up as traveling advertisements.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but from what I know scrapyards pay less than you can typically sell and vehicle for if they are operational.

There is a billboard on Highway 51 going west towards I-35 that I notice each time that I think is about buying scrap metal.

Hope that helps!!!!!

You can definitely get more money if you sell them whole. Selling for scrap will probably get you about $100/ton give or take. The problem is that the scrapyard will want the fuel tanks emptied and punctured and all other fluids completely drained before they will look at them.

Call Buzz-(405) 929-0065. He buys army surplus vehicles.

YW

What all do you have?
It's been a while since I was at the storage yard at the ranch and I haven't put together an inventory but off the top of my head there's 5 trucks and about that number of trailers. There is one water truck but it may or may not be for sale.
If you think you are some one you know would be interested I'll get an inventory and pictures.
I looked up some pictures on line and these look similar.

th
th

photo-69-1024x764.jpg

YW

What all do you have?
It's been a while since I was at the storage yard at the ranch and I haven't put together an inventory but off the top of my head there's 5 trucks and about that number of trailers. There is one water truck but it may or may not be for sale.
If you think you are some one you know would be interested I'll get an inventory and pictures.
I looked up some pictures on line and these look similar.

th
th

photo-69-1024x764.jpg

The guy I gave you the number to, he will definitely be interested

In fact I don't see a problem with that. Everything in this world should be recycled. There are a lot of companies on the internet like https://www.scrapi.com/cash-for-scrap-cars where you can scrap those trucks. If we don't recycle trash today, we can regret it in 20-30 years. Our planet is becoming over-polluted, and we, humans, have to take care of it. That is why scrapping cars and recycling other materials is a perfect way to fight pollution

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT