ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone buying any bitcoins?

Back in the spring of 2011 I was drinking with some friends and talking to them about Bitcoin. It was about $30. I was wuss and never bought any. I have friends that have some though. One has even purchased a bitcoin miner.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Thanks for the responses.

Squeak, what exactly do you mean bought a miner?

As in leased the servers, etc from someone...or bought all the equipment on their own?

bitcoin "mining" means having enough computer capacity and specialty software to allow those in the bitcoin system to utilize it for various projects,and in exchange for that usage they agree to pay you a certain amount of bitcoins.

I had no idea what it was until a read an article a few weeks ago about some american guys in Thailand who had set up a mining operation had hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) worth of equipment and set up operation in some building with substandard electrical service. There wasn't much left of the operation after the electrical fire and they had no insurance - hey, it's Thailand did you think anyone was offering them insurance?

I personally wouldn't touch it, it's to risky for my taste. I'd rather invest in gold than bitcoin.

Bitcoin has value. And it can be used without having to deal with a bank. You can take the equivalent of millions/billions of dollars across borders in your pocket. Never having to pay a bank or government for a transaction.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I did some research on Bitcoin thing. At some point it will reach its zenith and there will be no more of those to mine. Each time one is "mined", the algorithms get tougher and tougher to crack to mine more. I believe in 20-30 years, all the bitcoins will have been mined, at least that's what I read.

The time to jump on that as a far as mining was early on, now you have to have some pretty serious jack to get in on at the ROI is pretty low. You can join up with others and connect your computer to a mining operation, but you only get a fraction of each Bitcoin that is mined.

Just seems like an overly complicated and risky venture. Some people got in on it at the GIT go and grabbed quite a few when they were in the 2-3 dollar range. Now they are worth about $350 I think. It goes up exponentially.

BC is being treated like a currency right now by some at least, e.g. Dish Network and Overstock.com take it.

It was worth pennies in USD in the beginning, then went over $1000 before falling again.

Banks and credit card companies will not like it....but if it continues to catch on, they will quit fighting and join instead.

The easy money in mining is in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT