ADVERTISEMENT

Any Jeep Wrangler owners on here?

Wally12

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2007
I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Sahara in September and have been having some issues with it. Anyone on here own one that I could ask you some questions?

I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Sahara in September and have been having some issues with it. Anyone on here own one that I could ask you some questions?
Unfortunately, sounds like most Jeep owners I know...

Yep. Thinking about doing the aux battery delete. The only thing I plug in is my cell phone and have heard too many stories of the aux battery draining the main. Took mine in a few weeks ago and the dealership said I needed to replace the aux. just purchased a trickle charger today to try and help matters until I reach a solution. She’s currently running at about 14.6 volts.

Second question…what are the quietest tires? When I bought the Jeep it had some POS cheap mud tires on, and 22” Fuel Assualt wheels. I want to go with a 20” or 18” wheel for my strictly mall crawler and a quiet A/T tire as I’ll be driving from Mustang to Stephens County regularly. I can’t hear myself think currently with those crappy M/T. My dad has a set of KO2’s on his 2 door Rubi and they seem pretty quiet, but he’s also running stock wheels. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sorry the battery I can’t help on. We’ve had no issues.

Tires are tough. Since we bought we’ve had 30” and they are ok on highway noise. I’ve not met another Jeep owner that has been able to crack a quiet ride. We’re also about to upgrade her for the first time with bigger wheels and lift kit. So my noise is only going to increase.

I did some work for a tote the note dealership one time. I asked the head mechanic guy which brand of car to never buy. He answered right off the bat jeep and then motioned that half the vehicles currently being serviced were jeeps. Hope this is your only bump in the road and it is clear sailing from here on out.

I did some work for a tote the note dealership one time. I asked the head mechanic guy which brand of car to never buy. He answered right off the bat jeep and then motioned that half the vehicles currently being serviced were jeeps. Hope this is your only bump in the road and it is clear sailing from here on out.
Doesn’t surprise me. Luckily I still have my 2010 Ford Escape to get me around if needed. Want to love the Jeep, but dang it’s tough!

Reactions: Mr.OSU
Yep. Thinking about doing the aux battery delete. The only thing I plug in is my cell phone and have heard too many stories of the aux battery draining the main. Took mine in a few weeks ago and the dealership said I needed to replace the aux. just purchased a trickle charger today to try and help matters until I reach a solution. She’s currently running at about 14.6 volts.

Second question…what are the quietest tires? When I bought the Jeep it had some POS cheap mud tires on, and 22” Fuel Assualt wheels. I want to go with a 20” or 18” wheel for my strictly mall crawler and a quiet A/T tire as I’ll be driving from Mustang to Stephens County regularly. I can’t hear myself think currently with those crappy M/T. My dad has a set of KO2’s on his 2 door Rubi and they seem pretty quiet, but he’s also running stock wheels. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

I run 33” KO2s on my 2004 and they are the best compromise of a fairly aggressive tread while still being pretty quiet in my opinion.

If you’re never going to off-road I like the Michelin LTX AT2. They are still technically an off-road tire but are very quiet and smooth. I ran them on my Tundra before I sold it.

Tirerack.com will give you ratings/comparisons for noise and ride quality.

I've had Nitto's on mine for 13+ years (replaced them a couple times) and have been happy with them. Mine are trail tires and definitely not quiet but I think they have a couple other less aggressive models.

Reactions: Wally12
Tirerack.com will give you ratings/comparisons for noise and ride quality.

I've had Nitto's on mine for 13+ years (replaced them a couple times) and have been happy with them. Mine are trail tires and definitely not quiet but I think they have a couple other less aggressive models.
Yes, I've considered the Nitto Ridge Grappler and the Terra Grappler in addition to the KO2's.

I know. I'm torn between the look of 20's on 35's or the ride of 18's on 35's.
I have 18's I think on my Ranger that has the Tremor package and I use the general grabber tires that come with it. I drive a lot of highway miles in it also and love the drive on those tires. They also do great on snow and ice. I haven't went nuts in this truck yet in mud but I assume they would do well in mud also. I more tool around and climb hills in this one. I don't know if the suspension kit on also helps but I hope they bury my in that truck. I love it when it snows.

I know. I'm torn between the look of 20's on 35's or the ride of 18's on 35's.
I have 20s on my 35s. Love the look with my orange wheels, but about my only regret is that I went with 18s instead of 20s. 20s good for looks, not so much for off-roading.

I have 20s on my 35s. Love the look with my orange wheels, but about my only regret is that I went with 18s instead of 20s. 20s good for looks, not so much for off-roading.
Do you have a pic?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT