ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Ferrari

bwel9339

2nd Team
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Sorry, I guess I’m out of the loop on this but why was Anthony Ferrari not wrestling this last season? I assume it was injury but wasn’t sure what it was. Didn’t he miss all or most of this season. Thanks!

From reports in other threads there was an injury and discipline issue(s). Hopefully everything is resolved and he is prepared to come in and be a freshman NC like big brother.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Anthony's going to have to figure some things out mentally/emotionally.

I wouldn't count on him being a contributor next year.

Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: okstatefan
I definitely wouldn’t count on him for next year but I wouldn’t count him out. There seems to be some personal issues that will need to get ironed out. The kids a stud if he gets it under control

There were some of the same concerns with AJ. Not saying you want to be worrying about stuff like this but he is a tremendous talent and the college schedule and setup could actually be beneficial for him. It was for his older brother
There weren't any concerns with AJ that I'm aware. What are you referring to?

Um you shoulda read any wrestling message board around the time he committed. They were pretty much all saying that he had issues and that he was a risk to take on.
Those rumors were based on him transferring schools so many times. Those issues were not his, his brother was the one getting expelled.

I thought that was widely known.

Those rumors were based on him transferring schools so many times. Those issues were not his, his brother was the one getting expelled.

That is my memory also. I hope Anthony figures some stuff out and becomes a star at Oklahoma State. He could be the difference between us winning 35 or not. He is a very good wrestler who is very close to being the best.

The Ferraris are different and can be difficult to deal with and that includes AJ. He is some discipline issues up east along with his brother. Both missed time during their HS career for a variety of issues.

AJ is a hard working kid with a great attitude but his antics and personality were certainly a concern. I think overblown but a concern nonetheless.

I think the middle brother will be just fine when he gets in our program.

The Ferraris are the best thing to happen to OSU wrestling in years. Uber confidence fueled by extremely hard work. This team lost its swagger when AJ went down. Next year, AJ will lead the way for the upper weights, Daton for the lower weights, and Anthony for the middle weights. Good things are coming.

Who is better between Anthony and Angelo? The two younger Ferrari brothers.

The youngest has shown some glimpses of maybe projecting as the best of the 3 which is crazy. All are NC caliber (obviously AJ has achieved this).
That is crazy. I hope it’s true. It’s hard for me to comprehend projecting someone to be better than winning 197 as a true freshman and giving up one legit takedown. 197 is a grown ass man’s weight. Anthony looks like a 157 to me. Angelo, who knows. I sure do hope we get the opportunity to see all 3 in the lineup for a year.

AJ has strength and a couple great skills that let him excel at a weight where the wrestling is very different than at the lower weights. His brothers may be more skilled but not have as good of results. The youngest certainly looks great, but there are more great/skilled wrestlers generally as you get out of the upper weights.

Reactions: OAMC99
That is crazy. I hope it’s true. It’s hard for me to comprehend projecting someone to be better than winning 197 as a true freshman and giving up one legit takedown. 197 is a grown ass man’s weight. Anthony looks like a 157 to me. Angelo, who knows. I sure do hope we get the opportunity to see all 3 in the lineup for a year.
There’s is a chance he will also be the #1 P4P recruit in his class

And be just beat a Top 10 - 15 P4P guy who is 2 years older.

AJ has strength and a couple great skills that let him excel at a weight where the wrestling is very different than at the lower weights. His brothers may be more skilled but not have as good of results. The youngest certainly looks great, but there are more great/skilled wrestlers generally as you get out of the upper weights.
AJ is so damn strong he can get in a bad spot & it just doesn’t matter. Just powers out of it. I know a couple kids on the team, they didn’t care for AJ when he arrived, now the they think he’s a great dude & teammate.

Didn’t AJ not wrestle some or most of his senior year of high school? Maybe it’s part of OldManFerrariLifts’ master plan - hold them back their senior year so that when they get back on the mat they’re eager and hungry :)

Reactions: turfpoke
The Ferraris are the best thing to happen to OSU wrestling in years. Uber confidence fueled by extremely hard work. This team lost its swagger when AJ went down. Next year, AJ will lead the way for the upper weights, Daton for the lower weights, and Anthony for the middle weights. Good things are coming.
This didn't age well. :(

Going back and reading some of these posts. Oof.
You are really enjoying yourself over the AJ news, huh?

Some posts of yours from the Rutgers board...

"For finding this drama, you are my new favorite poster."

"This is the part of high school I truly miss most...the gossip. Help me relive my youth."

You are really enjoying yourself over the AJ news, huh?

Some posts of yours from the Rutgers board...

"For finding this drama, you are my new favorite poster."

"This is the part of high school I truly miss most...the gossip. Help me relive my youth."

originally? Absolutely.

I wanna be crystal clear it’s because it’s about him and NOT your program.

john Smith is not AJ. Daton isn’t AJ (I find Daton boring to watch, but I don’t think he’s a bad dude or anything).

if it’s coming off as Okie state bashing I sincerely apologize, and it ain’t bashing John. Promise that.

once the drama reached a level where details became public and I did actually realize that people who aren’t AJ (public people) are being affected. I realized I dropped the ball. Was it late? Yes. Do I enjoy the stupid drama? Yes. Did I take it too far. Probably.

Is it okie state? Absolutely not. If I had a son good enough to wrestle in college and he said I wanna go to okie state, I wouldn’t feel too guilty having John Smith be his primary role model.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT