ADVERTISEMENT

An Interesting Topic For Discussion

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
I don’t think there’s any doubt that vaccine passports will become reality in the near future. It seems to be a wet dream for our most statist/big government advocates, and they are the ones in charge at this time. So while they may insist they will not force people to get vaccinated they will do everything in their power to “nudge” all of us to do what they want us to do.

Almost every dystopian novel I can think of includes government thugs having authority to stop any person any place at any time to demand to see their papers. No proper identification and off you go to places unknown until you acquiesce to all government edicts. It goes beyond dystopian novels, however. Some of the most tyrannical government’s in human history have put that policy in place. So it doesn’t seem that far fetched to me that we are headed down that same path, vaccine passports are just the first step, portrayed as innocuous by our leaders, and seemingly willing to be mutely accepted by a majority of our fellow citizens.

It seems to me that is the ultimate purpose behind vaccine passports. Law enforcement stops you on a whim and you’d better have your ID on you or you will face unhappy consequences.

For our most statist advocates on this board, Syskatine, Pilt, David Allen, I would ask what is the difference between vaccine passport identification card and any other form of identification being proposed by our more conservative brethren in order to vote? Why would you be in favor of a vaccine identification card that everyone must have in their possession in order to move about freely, but be opposed to requiring an identification card in order to vote?

For our most statist advocates on this board, Syskatine, Pilt, David Allen, I would ask what is the difference between vaccine passport identification card and any other form of identification being proposed by our more conservative brethren in order to vote? Why would you be in favor of a vaccine identification card that everyone must have in their possession in order to move about freely, but be opposed to requiring an identification card in order to vote?
I don't think the government should require a vaccine passport in order to vote. I also don't think public accommodations should require a vaccine passport. None of this will come to pass.

I don't think the government should require a vaccine passport in order to vote. I also don't think public accommodations should require a vaccine passport. None of this will come to pass.
I tip my hat to you, Pilt! You’re really good at “misunderstanding” a question and muddying up the works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bitter Creek
What freedom of movement restrictions do you anticipate?

I can conceive that non vaccinated people will be forbidden from attending sporting events: no OSU football, basketball or baseball without proof of vaccination. I can see the banning of non vaccinated people from movie theaters, churches, restaurants, flying on an airline or riding a bus. We will be assured these are reasonable and fairly innocuous inconveniences, but what the hell, all you have to do is get the mandated shot and all the inconvenience will go away. I can see these as being an opening salvo, with the realistic expectation that most people will silently submit, maybe grouse a little bit, but convince themselves the government is doing it for their own good. And once that has become the “new normal” another crisis will appear out of nowhere that will force the government’s hand, it will have no choice but to add to the list. Have your papers with you at all times, and be prepared to show your papers any time a law enforcement person demands to see them.

But as you so ingeniously do you are attempting to divert attention away from the question. If you agree that those identification papers are a good thing, do you also agree that identification should be required before someone votes?

I can conceive that non vaccinated people will be forbidden from attending sporting events: no OSU football, basketball or baseball without proof of vaccination. I can see the banning of non vaccinated people from movie theaters, churches, restaurants, flying on an airline or riding a bus. We will be assured these are reasonable and fairly innocuous inconveniences, but what the hell, all you have to do is get the mandated shot and all the inconvenience will go away. I can see these as being an opening salvo, with the realistic expectation that most people will silently submit, maybe grouse a little bit, but convince themselves the government is doing it for their own good. And once that has become the “new normal” another crisis will appear out of nowhere that will force the government’s hand, it will have no choice but to add to the list. Have your papers with you at all times, and be prepared to show your papers any time a law enforcement person demands to see them.

But as you so ingeniously do you are attempting to divert attention away from the question. If you agree that those identification papers are a good thing, do you also agree that identification should be required before someone votes?
Do you think the state will restrict those venues or the owners of those venues?

Do you think the state will restrict those venues or the owners of those venues?
The state.

Are you good with vaccine passports ID cards but against id’s to vote?

Is this just the beginning? I think so. Biden’s handlers are looking for ways to take it national.

Last edited:
I doubt it.

I'm good with vaccine passports the same way I am good with IDs. My objection will be to how they are used (same with IDs)
You doubt it. Please forgive me but I find little comfort in hearing the most statist poster on this board tell me there is nothing to worry about as big government statist politicians salivate at the opportunity to impose restrictions on supposedly free people.

Your reply on ID’s is pure Pilt! Answering with a non answer that can be interpreted in multiple ways. You should run for office! You have perfected the art of talking out both sides of your mouth at the same time. It’s thoroughly disgusting, but quite exceptional in its employment. I know this compliment is backhanded, but I don’t know any other way to admire a practice I find so revolting. (But I still like you, Pilt. Always have and always will.)

You doubt it. Please forgive me but I find little comfort in hearing the most statist poster on this board tell me there is nothing to worry about as big government statist politicians salivate at the opportunity to impose restrictions on supposedly free people.
I guess we will see who is right. Vaccinated Americans Can Travel but Should Wear Masks in Public, C.D.C. Says https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/04/02/world/covid-vaccine-coronavirus-cases/

Your reply on ID’s is pure Pilt! Answering with a non answer that can be interpreted in multiple ways. You should run for office! You have perfected the art of talking out both sides of your mouth at the same time. It’s thoroughly disgusting, but quite exceptional in its employment. I know this compliment is backhanded, but I don’t know any other way to admire a practice I find so revolting. (But I still like you, Pilt. Always have and always will.)
I don't see what you mean

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT