ADVERTISEMENT

Amnesty via reconciliation

BIGOSUFAN

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2001
Upper Arlington, OH
They are trying to ram through amnesty via reconciliation. It would lead to citizenship for 8+ million (the true number is probably double that based on past precedence). They do that and Texas likely becomes blue overnight. Their argument is that giving citizenship to over ten million low-skilled workers is somehow good for our economy. Insanity.

Perfect example of Democrats and their authoritarian mindset. If they can't convince the people their policies are best they circumvent the process and the Constitution to shove their policies down our throat.
While you’re not wrong, Pubs deserve a great deal of blame for the legislative branch abdicating it’s responsibilities over thw last 20 years.

Perfect example of Democrats and their authoritarian mindset. If they can't convince the people their policies are best they circumvent the process and the Constitution to shove their policies down our throat.
Reconciliation and the filibuster are in the constitution? Who knew.

What does immigration have to do with tax and spending unless you pervert the true intentions of the reconciliation process?
Roughly the same as the filibuster has to do with a functioning democratic republic? Reconciliation is a 40 year old process that can be changed at any time. Why hasn’t it? Seems kinda ****ed up that the Senate Parliamentarian has so much power doesn’t it?

Roughly the same as the filibuster has to do with a functioning democratic republic? Reconciliation is a 40 year old process that can be changed at any time. Why hasn’t it?
Filibuster is one of the checks and balances instituted to protect the minority in Congress. I don't care if it's Democrats or Republicans in power I fully support protecting the minority in Congress. Any legislation that is in the best interest of the people should be passed by members of both parties not just those of one. Anyone arguing against bipartisanship is an idiot. Reconciliation as it has been abused by Democrats and in some cases Republicans does the exact opposite.

The funny thing is that the Democrats are calling illegal immigrants infrastructure. In other words they are relegating humans to property. This is familiar for the Democrats as they have argued that people are property since the beginning of the US.
If Democrats told the truth they would admit they see everyone in the United States as a slave to government. In their minds We the People were put here to serve them and be happy about it.

Filibuster is one of the checks and balances instituted to protect the minority in Congress. I don't care if it's Democrats or Republicans in power I fully support protecting the minority in Congress. Any legislation that is in the best interest of the people should be passed by members of both parties not just those of one. Anyone arguing against bipartisanship is an idiot. Reconciliation as it has been abused by Democrats and in some cases Republicans does the exact opposite.
Checks and balances? As in constitutional checks and balances? How'd you feel about those Texas Dems denying the GOP a quorum by leaving the state? You against those election law changes they just based on a purely partisan vote? How about that doozy of an abortion law?

So politics never go too far? Has something like this with illegals been done before in our history? This seems pretty extreme
What seems extreme is stuff like "the unspecified immigration reform that might be included in reconciliation will lead to a civil war because we won't let Texas go blue..." At the very least that is a bit dramatic.

That’s talk, the illegal immigrants crossing are real, can you address that?
That is a tough one with a lot of different things to consider including:
  • How do we help make their home countries a better place to be such that they aren't so desperate as to risk everything to get here?
  • We have to find a way to better engage people who have legitimate asylum needs without having to set up these ad hoc camps on the border.
  • Policy consistency is important. The lack of a comprehensive policy, immigration as a political tool only exacerbate the problem.
  • Clear communication of policy is crucial. These people make the trek based on the belief that they will be welcomed with open arms. They will not be. Fewer would make the trip if they understood what the actual result would be.
I don't pretend to have all the answers here.

• How do we help make their home countries a better place to be such that they aren't so desperate as to risk everything to get here?
  • We have to find a way to better engage people who have legitimate asylum needs without having to set up these ad hoc camps on the border.
  • Policy consistency is important. The lack of a comprehensive policy, immigration as a political tool only exacerbate the problem.
  • Clear communication of policy is crucial. These people make the trek based on the belief that they will be welcomed with open arms. They will not be. Fewer would make the trip if they understood what the actual result would be.

Of course you don't have answers. You leftist white privileged racist mouth breathers never do. Trump figured it out despite your idiotic political team's best efforts. Weird what happens when virtue signaling replaces reality when formulating policy. We've literally watched it unfold since Pedo Joe took office. I know you have no idea what I'm talking about because Rachel and Joy shape your thoughts.

🤣

Lol. That's code for head up your ass as usual, dave. How embarrassing for the mouth breathers that voted for a 5 time draft dodging demented pathological liar pedophile. I remember when you screeched alongside yore syster about president's kids grifting... not a peep about Pedo Joe arranging an anonymous art sale for his crackhead fvckstick brotherfvcker son. WEIRD...

Checks and balances? As in constitutional checks and balances? How'd you feel about those Texas Dems denying the GOP a quorum by leaving the state? You against those election law changes they just based on a purely partisan vote? How about that doozy of an abortion law?
Not a fan of one party dominating legislation but In your example it’s a state and only effects those in the state not the entire nation. If the state population doesn’t agree it’s far easier to vote those politicians out of office or those that disagree can move to a state more to their liking.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Not a fan of one party dominating legislation but In your example it’s a state and only effects those in the state not the entire nation. If the state population doesn’t agree it’s far easier to vote those politicians out of office or those that disagree can move to a state more to their liking.
Add to that that the Constitution explicitly gives the states the rights to enact their voting rules and regulations (as opposed to the federal government). Its part of why we have an electoral college (state voting) vs. a single national election for president.

Reactions: iasooner2000

@davidallen What do you find humorous about this thought?

Elections. Consequences. You know how that goes, until it doesn’t go your way, #amiright?
I don't have any issue if you want to live in a state run by insane leftist, just as you shouldn't have any issue with others living in a state run by sane people on the right.

I don't have any issue if you want to live in a state run by insane leftist, just as you shouldn't have any issue with others living in a state run by sane people on the right.
Have I given you any indication that I have any issues with people who choose to live in Texas? In fact, I’ve been pretty clear that Portland likely isn’t a fit For most of you….

OH look, the Senate Parliamentarian agrees, Immigration should not be included in a reconciliation bill. Naturally Democrats disagree and will try to pervert something else to try to shove it up our ass.
Not a huge surprise. Biden has too much wrapped into one Bill as it is. Adding Immigration Reform would have been a mistake IMO. I guess Texas seceding is off the table for now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT