ADVERTISEMENT

America, be very afraid: astonishingly, Canada is now euthanizing 10,000 of its citizens a year - and some of the horrific stories of its ultra-permis

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

That would be about 86,000 Americans last year, This is nuts....

Alan Nichols, for instance, was a 61-year-old British Columbian with a history of depression and other medical issues - though none of them life-threatening - who was hospitalized in 2019 over fears he might be suicidal.

Although he asked his brother, Gary, to 'bust him out' as soon as possible, within a month of going into hospital he'd submitted a request to be euthanized. He listed only one health condition - hearing loss - as the reason but that was enough to satisfy his keepers and he was killed. 'Alan was basically put to death,' said his brother Gary.

Erin Smith said her 71-year-old father, Rod McNeill, went to an Ontario hospital after suffering a fall. A month later, he had been euthanized. She says the doctors responsible didn't even get hold of his medical records from his own physician.

He was subsequently euthanized for a condition - end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease - that an autopsy shows he didn't have, she said.

Sheila Elson, the mother of a 25-year-old woman with cerebral palsy said a hospital doctor in Newfoundland actually told her she'd be 'selfish' if she didn't consider pursuing the euthanasia option.

Roger Foley, a patient with a degenerative brain disorder, secretly recorded staff at his hospital in London, Ontario, mentioning euthanasia.

In one recording, the hospital's director of ethics told Mr Foley it would cost 'north of $1,500 a day' to keep him in hospital, adding: 'My piece of this was to talk to you, (to see) if you had an interest in assisted dying.

Mr Foley said he had never previously mentioned euthanasia, but the hospital said there is no ban on staff raising the issue."

No doubt medical costs are freaking outrageous.....but so outrageous to make this a alternative to not getting care.

when you find out I am not really so crazy much like we did with @Corndog2021

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT