ADVERTISEMENT

All-Time Oklahoma Team

OAMC99

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2002
On Flo they're having a discussion of the best all-time teams, using today's weight classes, from each state. So wrestlers born in Oklahoma. Please help me build our team.

Right off the bat I can think of:

John Smith
Pat Smith
Danny Hodge
Kenny Monday
TJ Jaworsky

Who else? Need someone at every weight.

On Flo they're having a discussion of the best all-time teams, using today's weight classes, from each state. So wrestlers born in Oklahoma. Please help me build our team.

John Smith
Pat Smith
Danny Hodge
Kenny Monday
TJ Jaworsky

Mike Sheets
Mark Branch
JJ McGrew
Johnny Thompson
Hendricks
Dick Hutton?

John Smith
Pat Smith
Danny Hodge
Kenny Monday
TJ Jaworsky

Kendall Cross

Edit: Never mind, I see now that it says born in Oklahoma.

Wayne Wells? I know he wrestled high school in OK. No, he was born in Texas.

Last edited:
John Smith
Pat Smith
Danny Hodge
Kenny Monday
TJ Jaworsky
Chris Perry
Mark Perry
Teyon Ware

Was Johny Hendricks born in OK?

I think we're missing older guys. And we need to fill out the weight classes.

John Smith
Pat Smith
Danny Hodge
Kenny Monday
TJ Jaworsky
Chris Perry
Mark Perry
Teyon Ware

LeRoy Smith.

John Smith
Pat Smith
Danny Hodge
Kenny Monday
TJ Jaworsky
Chris Perry
Mark Perry
Teyon Ware

Really should start with the 3 time undefeated national champs and then fill in other weight classes. Hard thing is figuring out which guys really are OK. From list above which Mark Perry, the OK guy or the NJ kid?

Really should start with the 3 time undefeated national champs and then fill in other weight classes. Hard thing is figuring out which guys really are OK. From list above which Mark Perry, the OK guy or the NJ kid?

We needs specific criteria- TJ Jaworsky or John Smith- just NCAA titles? World titles? TJ has more NCAA titles, but hard to say he was better than John Smith?

The official criteria was BORN IN OKLAHOMA. So let's stick with that please.

Can we use both TJ and John Smith? Could TJ make 125?

Lee Roy Smith

Are we missing any OAMC alums that were multiple time champs and/or Olympians that were born in Oklahoma?

The official criteria was BORN IN OKLAHOMA. So let's stick with that please.

Can we use both TJ and John Smith? Could TJ make 125?

Lee Roy Smith

Are we missing any OAMC alums that were multiple time champs and/or Olympians that were born in Oklahoma?

Jaworsky wrestled at 126 his first year - I believe it was a hard cut and he did not place at NCAA tournament. Next year was probation and he transferred to UNC - up to 134 and won the next 3 NCAA tournaments.

Jaworsky wrestled at 126 his first year - I believe it was a hard cut and he did not place at NCAA tournament. Next year was probation and he transferred to UNC - up to 134 and won the next 3 NCAA tournaments.
Speaking of Oklahoma wrestlers, I just read that Kaid Brock got his 6th year so he can wrestle next year.

Speaking of Oklahoma wrestlers, I just read that Kaid Brock got his 6th year so he can wrestle next year.

potentially good news, but I don’t know if fix can make 125 for an entire season and be at his best. And I don’t know if Brock can make 133 and be at his best. Would he be better lifting and becoming stronger and staying at 141? Not sure anyone other than the athletes really know the answers. I think we might be better wrestling up a bit and having the energy to go hard for 7 + minutes. This is one area where Penn State has seemed to excel. Just hoping we can find the best weight for each of our wrestlers.

Damn so we can't use him there huh? Okay so who's our 125lber?

potentially good news, but I don’t know if fix can make 125 for an entire season and be at his best. And I don’t know if Brock can make 133 and be at his best. Would he be better lifting and becoming stronger and staying at 141? Not sure anyone other than the athletes really know the answers. I think we might be better wrestling up a bit and having the energy to go hard for 7 + minutes. This is one area where Penn State has seemed to excel. Just hoping we can find the best weight for each of our wrestlers.
Speaking of Penn. St. they just pulled Gilman from the Hawkeye Wrestling Club to Penn. St. Regional Training Center. Penn. St is always making moves and obviously wants to continue to dominate wrestling both College and freestyle wrestling. Also it appears that Mark Perry will go to Arizona State after they lost Pendleton.

I dont think Kaid will ever see 133 again. Saw him at Big 12 and he looked huge. (well, comparatively :))

Damn so we can't use him there huh? Okay so who's our 125lber?
Our 25 then would need top be Older Mastro or Burks. 33 Fix, 41 Brock, 49 Lewallen, 57 Sheets, 65 Wittlake, 74 Plott, 84 Montalvo, 97 Geer and HWT Streck. A very good lineup and with breaks and development could be a National Championship team.

Our 25 then would need top be Older Mastro or Burks. 33 Fix, 41 Brock, 49 Lewallen, 57 Sheets, 65 Wittlake, 74 Plott, 84 Montalvo, 97 Geer and HWT Streck. A very good lineup and with breaks and development could be a National Championship team.

This question is related to the all time OK team rather than next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT