ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Meade

Indeed, sad news. I don't really remember much about him so I look up a little. He beat Morningstar and Schlater in his only year with us. Seeded 10th at the NCAA, won one and lost to #7 Morningstar and #4 Reader. I guess he transfered to WV but I couldn't find any more NCAA results for him. Anybod else know his OSU and after history?

He and Jordan Oliver are cousins. They were both top 10 recruits in the same class.

One of the most exciting open tournament matches I have witnessed was he and Tyler Caldwell when Caldwell was a true freshman. Wrestled at OCU Open. Lot of hype around Meade and not much yet for Caldwell. Really close match that I think Meade won at the end. Guerrero and Sammy Henson both were fired up and yelling at each other. Neither were in the wrestlers corner (Caldwell was still a redshirt) so they were roaming the mat perimeter letting each other have it. Caldwell came out of redshirt later that year and placed 5th for ou.

Reactions: PoOsKuE
My take was that he wanted to do things his own way and did not get along with the coaches. I do not claim to be an insider, but that is the way it appeared.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT