ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari

I would be more than fine with that. Need to make sure you land one of the two.
Amos would be very good but Ferrari would by my choice because I think he is a little more talented and he has 2 very talented younger brothers.

Think Haas is our future heavyweight. After the Cadet trials he said he's 6'1" 215 lbs, with plans to go 220 this year and then heavy in college. Kevin Jackson just called him a gifted athlete.

The Cadet Championships are next week on Trackwrestling. Kyle wrestles Tuesday.

Ferrari gave an interview recently. His remaining visits with PSU, tOSU, and us are scheduled for September. Said he plans to make a decision by late September or early October.

Ferrari gave an interview recently. His remaining visits with PSU, tOSU, and us are scheduled for September. Said he plans to make a decision by late September or early October.
Hmm. When he said in his tweet he would be committing soon I though it be sometime this month so I’ve been very nervous/excited whenever I checked Flo. Guess I can relax for a while.

Hmm. When he said in his tweet he would be committing soon I though it be sometime this month so I’ve been very nervous/excited whenever I checked Flo. Guess I can relax for a while.

To be fair I think the meaning of the word "soon"is a lot different for kids going through the process and for us hanging on their every word.

Would be interesting to know the timing of when Amos plans to announce. Haven't seen that anywhere.

Flo had an article today indicating that Amos appears to have caught up with Ferrari as to who is #1.

They are very similar to Hall/Valencia IMO in terms of both being extremely high level guys who will no question immediately compete for NC’s.

Development will be key and it’s hard to pick who will ultimately have the edge.

Interesting that today was the first day coaches could visit HS juniors and Ryan visited the senior Ferrari.

Wonder where our coaches were. Probably the Mastros. Or maybe Voinovich.

Just a heads up, Ferrari is posting these on Instagram. I don't believe he is actually committing anywhere yet though...

Below is from the Penn State board...

Bob Pruesse over on Ohio Wrestling.net just posted he’s hearing Oklahoma State May be close to landing BOTH Braxton Amos and AJ Ferrari, to go along with Dustin Plott.

Word is Ferrari is walking around in the low 190’s right now and could go 184 for the Cowboys. That would give them like 6 guys in The top 30 for 2020.

Would be big blow to the Buckeyes losing on Amos with his ties to the Buckeye recruits and Karchla family.

Bob Pruesse over on Ohio Wrestling.net just posted he’s hearing Oklahoma State May be close to landing BOTH Braxton Amos and AJ Ferrari, to go along with Dustin Plott.

Word is Ferrari is walking around in the low 190’s right now and could go 184 for the Cowboys. That would give them like 6 guys in The top 30 for 2020.

Would be big blow to the Buckeyes losing on Amos with his ties to the Buckeye recruits and Karchla family.

What I’ve been saying. It’s not inconceivable. It’s just down to the money.

Reactions: Air_Thurman

Why did you have to bring that here? I had finally convinced myself we weren’t getting Ferrari. If we pull off one of Amos and Ferrari it would be the cap our best class in long, long time.

We somehow pull off both and you have to think it’s one of the best classes in wrestling history.

I kind of find it odd AJ never posted a picture of himself in an OSU singlet. Doesn’t AJ at 184 seem like a stretch?

I was worried the other day after Amos said Karchla’s dad was his mentor all these years. We may have a strong connection but he seemed even closer with a couple others. Didn’t know Columbus was only 2 hours from him. Karchla’s dad’s club has put out a few guys for both tOSU and Penn State. Amos is walking around at 220. Him at heavy, Ferrari at 197 and Plott at 184 would be sweet. If one washes out for whatever reason, which is fairly likely, you plug in Haas, and maybe still have Doucette.

Last edited:
I was worried the other day after Amos said Karchla’s dad was his mentor all these years. We may have a strong connection but he seemed even closer with a couple others. Didn’t know Columbus was only 2 hours from him. Karchla’s dad’s club has put out a few guys for both tOSU and Penn State. Amos is walking around at 220. Him at heavy, Ferrari at 197 and Plott at 174 would be sweet. If one washes out for whatever reason, which is fairly likely, you plug in Haas, and maybe still have Doucette.

Th distance thing really worries me with Amos. Would be a real gut punch to lose Amos because he is too far away but also lose AJ because distance isn’t a factor.

If you look at the state of wrestling, parents are spending money non stop, Amos spends 4 hours in the car to train at Mirons, I honestly don’t think you need money, I’m sure kids want to say they got a scholarship but at the end of the day the parents we are talking about have the money to put their kids through school. If you recruit kids with deep enough pockets that feel confident about the training environment it won’t matter.

Reactions: tfpoke
Bob Pruesse is quoting someone named Dano.

Not sure if either are people who know things.

To help with translating Bob P speak...

He claims his source is someone named Dano, who he describes as a Vegas nightclub performer that enjoys the night life. It makes for some entertaining posts.

When he hears something from Dano, he sometimes writes "#bookemdano"...

Thinking about potentials OSU lineups in 3 years if we could land Amos and AJ is crazy.

If they can hold weights, in 3 years (if Daton takes an ORS)

125 Little Mastro
133 Daton
141 Burks
149 Gfeller
157 Young Mastro
165 Surber
174 Plott -
184 Ferrari
197 Amos
HW Haas

Know i'm missing some-but that is a hell of a lineup and leaves some excellent wrestlers sitting and watching

125 Little Mastro
133 Daton
141 Burks
149 Gfeller
157 Young Mastro
165 Surber
174 Plott -
184 Ferrari
197 Amos
HW Haas

Know i'm missing some-but that is a hell of a lineup and leaves some excellent wrestlers sitting and watching

giphy.gif

Reactions: osu2082 and OHkie
I am not holding my breath on Ferrari. Bob Preuss is an Ohio State supporter and definitely has a eastern bias. I hope what he said comes to fruition but it could just be disinformation. If we get Amos and Haas I will be delighted and if Ferrari also comes great.I believe it is more likely he ends up at Ohio State. Hope I am wrong.

I am not holding my breath on Ferrari. Bob Preuss is an Ohio State supporter and definitely has a eastern bias. I hope what he said comes to fruition but it could just be disinformation. If we get Amos and Haas I will be delighted and if Ferrari also comes great.I believe it is more likely he ends up at Ohio State. Hope I am wrong.

Silver lining of him choosing Ohio State would be hopefully pushing them out of the Amos derby.

125 Little Mastro
133 Daton
141 Burks
149 Gfeller
157 Young Mastro
165 Surber
174 Plott -
184 Ferrari
197 Amos
HW Haas

Don’t forget Voinovich and little Ferrari, Picklo, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT