ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari vs Braxton Amos?

OAMC99

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2002
Will they be at the same weight this year in college? If so, any idea on how they match up? Amos is very impressive, Junior World Champion.

Also, AJ is the best thing going for our Athletic Department right now.

Will they be at the same weight this year in college? If so, any idea on how they match up? Amos is very impressive, Junior World Champion.

gonna be fun!

Reactions: OAMC99
They should both be at 197 pounds unless AJ moves up. AJ was the top recruit and Braxton was the second. I think the only difference then to now is health.

Last edited:
Ferrari & Amos were in the same 92 kg bracket for the 2018 Cadet trails, but they didn't hit. AJ won the team spot and then world bronze.

Amos lost to Jacob Cardenas from Cornell on the front side and seemed to have some problems with Cardenas' athleticism. Because of that I figured AJ would have the edge, but now I have no idea. Amos has been smashing people in all 3 styles ever since.

As Harley pointed out in the other thread, a big unknown is how Amos will look at 197. He hasn't wrestled under 200 lbs since 9th grade.

Amos in my opinion won’t be able to get past the head hand defense of Ferrari. Amos has a good hand fight and snatch single leg . He has good upper body stuff also . I think that Ferrari will be able to stay out of that and get a low double or single leg take down. Prediction 4-1 Ferrari.

Last edited:
Amos in my opinion won’t be able to get past the head hand defense of Ferrari. Amos has a good hand fight and snatch single leg . He has good upper body stuff also . I think that Ferrari will be able to stay out of that and get a low double or single leg take down. Prediction 4-1 Ferrari.
I agree. Amos is a beast but he’s no athletes ic enough to beat AJ. He should go up there o heavy if he wants to win but I don’t see him beating Ferrari at 97

Amos isn’t on the same Athletic level as AJ. AJ is so quick twitch

Amos won by regular decision over Buffalo yesterday. It was the first time he's competed under 200 lbs since he wrestled 195 at Fargo in the summer of 2016.

I think AJ beats Braxton at least the first time in Folkstyle. I think it’s Braxton’s weakest style tbh. I think Ferrari having the year of college experience is huge. 197 is crazy deep. Ferrari is probably the most athletic guy at the weight and he is huge.
I’ll definitely be rooting for Amos but Ferrari wrestles really smart. I can’t really see Braxton scoring on him.

I’m willing to admit I’m a bit of a homer, but I see AJ as a bad matchup for Amos. Amos is a generational athlete but AJ’s athleticism and ability doesn’t bode well for him. I really, really like Amos, but I don’t ever see him beating AJ consistently. I could be wrong. A long rangy athlete could be a worse matchup for AJ. (I’m basing this on pure speculation though.)

Assuming Amos lives up to his billing, AJ should beat him, albeit through a boring style. Play defense, stay low and then spring for the double leg. Maybe let him up. AJ is built for leg takedowns and defense. His strength, quickness and flexibility make it very hard for others to catch him if he wrestles smart.

As long as AJ wrestles smart and doesn't let the crowd dictate the match or we have a ref that tries to dictate the match, then AJ wins. I really think he wins 9 out of 10 times and he wins the big matches forsure

Reactions: osu2082 and tom_v31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT