ADVERTISEMENT

AJ court minute yesterday.

Pokewood

Starter
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2019
11-16-2022
TEXTJUDGE THOMAS: SP / THIS MATTER COMES ON FOR PRELIMINARY HEARING. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON AND WITH ATTORNEY, DEREK CHANCE. THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY, ERICA GARUCCIO. WITNESSES SWORN AND TESTIFY. THE COURT OVERRULES THE DEFENDANT'S DEMURRER. THE COURT FINDS THAT THERE IS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT A CRIME WAS COMMITTED AND THAT THE DEFENDANT COMMITTED THAT CRIME. THE COURT BINDS THE DEFENDANT OVER FOR TRIAL COURT ARRAIGNMENT DECEMBER 6, 2022 AT 1:30 P.M.

11-16-2022
TEXTJUDGE THOMAS: SP / THIS MATTER COMES ON FOR PRELIMINARY HEARING. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON AND WITH ATTORNEY, DEREK CHANCE. THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY, ERICA GARUCCIO. WITNESSES SWORN AND TESTIFY. THE COURT OVERRULES THE DEFENDANT'S DEMURRER. THE COURT FINDS THAT THERE IS PROBABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT A CRIME WAS COMMITTED AND THAT THE DEFENDANT COMMITTED THAT CRIME. THE COURT BINDS THE DEFENDANT OVER FOR TRIAL COURT ARRAIGNMENT DECEMBER 6, 2022 AT 1:30 P.M.
Those who know what they are talking about can please explain Demurrer.

"A demurrer challenges a complaint by asserting that the complaint at issue should be dismissed because it fails to state sufficient facts to constitute a cause of action."

A claim that the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence.
Basically, motion to dismiss...which wasn't granted.

Reactions: Pokewood
12-06-2022 TEXTJUDGE KISTLER/JP: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY ERICA GARUCCIO. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE DEFENDANT ADVISES THE COURT HE IS CHARGED UNDER HIS TRUE AND CORRECT NAME, IDENTIFIERS ARE CORRECT, WAIVES READING OF THE INFORMATION AND ENTERS A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY. THE COURT RESERVES THE DEFENDANTS RIGHT TO FILE ANY MOTIONS BASED ON THAT PLEA. THE COURT CONTINUES THIS MATTER TO FEBRUARY 7TH 2023 1:30PM.

12-06-2022TEXTJUDGE KISTLER/JP: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY ERICA GARUCCIO. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE DEFENDANT ADVISES THE COURT HE IS CHARGED UNDER HIS TRUE AND CORRECT NAME, IDENTIFIERS ARE CORRECT, WAIVES READING OF THE INFORMATION AND ENTERS A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY. THE COURT RESERVES THE DEFENDANTS RIGHT TO FILE ANY MOTIONS BASED ON THAT PLEA. THE COURT CONTINUES THIS MATTER TO FEBRUARY 7TH 2023 1:30PM.
Any update?

They have usually entered notes the day after on the OCSN website. I would expect some type of update tomorrow based on history.

He's been off the OSU squad for over 8 months now. Not to thought police but personally I'd rather see talk about him at a general wrestling forum instead of our OSU specific forum.

TEXTJUDGE KULLING/JP: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY DEBRA VINCENT. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE COURT CONTINUES THIS MATTER TO APRIL 18TH 2023 1:30PM.

Whats the point if they are just going to "continue" everytime?
No f’n clue. Just the messenger here. My experiences in following cases I am interested in are usually extremely frustrating.

04-18-2023 TEXT
JUDGE KULLING/JP: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY JOSE VILLARREAL. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE DEFENDANT REQUEST A JURY TRIAL DATE. THE COURT SETS THIS CASE FOR JURY TRIAL ON SEPTEMBER 26TH 2023 9:00AM. THE COURT SETS FURTHER PRETRIAL FOR JULY 18TH 2023 1:30PM.
Ferrari, Albert James Jr

I thought speedy trial was a constitutional right. I guess “speedy” is subjective.

Most defendants do not want a speedy trial as things fall apart over time on cases. If the facts are not with you time may help.

Most defendants do not want a speedy trial as things fall apart over time on cases. If the facts are not with you time may help.
True. Especially in these type of cases. As time goes on victims tend to give up and just want it all in the past. Happens a lot.

• Sad
Reactions: vhsalum
04-18-2023 TEXT
JUDGE KULLING/JP: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY JOSE VILLARREAL. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE DEFENDANT REQUEST A JURY TRIAL DATE. THE COURT SETS THIS CASE FOR JURY TRIAL ON SEPTEMBER 26TH 2023 9:00AM. THE COURT SETS FURTHER PRETRIAL FOR JULY 18TH 2023 1:30PM.
Ferrari, Albert James Jr
Any pretrial update or change in court date?

23 NOCNOTICE OF DISCOVERY COMPLIANCE
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
Ferrari, Albert James Jr
07-18-2023 TEXTJUDGE KULLING/JP: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY ERICCA GARUCCIO. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE COURT ORDERS THE PARTIES TO HAVE ALL PRETRIAL MOTIONS ON FILE BY SEPTEMBER 5TH 2023. THE COURT CONTINUES PRETRIAL TO SEPTEMBER 5TH 2023 1:30PM.
Ferrari, Albert James Jr
08-10-2023 NONOTICE OF CONFLICT IN TRIAL SETTINGS PURSUANT TO SCAD-98-17
Ferrari, Albert James Jr
09-01-2023 MOPROMOTION TO PRODUCE CELL PHONE FOR INDEPENDENT DIGITAL EXTRACTION/EXAMINATION
Ferrari, Albert James Jr
09-01-2023 NONOTICE OF DEFENDANT'S INTENT TO USE EVIDENCE OF THE COMPLAINING WITNESSES'S PREVIOUS SEXUAL CONDUCT
Ferrari, Albert James Jr
09-05-2023 TEXTJUDGE KULLING/RECORDED: THE STATE APPEARS BY ATTORNEY LAURA AUSTIN THOMAS. THE DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON WITH ATTORNEY DEREK CHANCE. THE COURT STRIKES THE JURY TRIAL SET SEPTEMBER 26TH 2023. THE COURT SETS MOTION HEARINGS FOR OCTOBER 6TH 2023 1:30PM. THE COURT ORDERS THE PARTIES TO HAVE ALL PRETRIAL MOTIONS ON FILE BY SEPTEMBER 29TH 2023 CLOSE OF BUSINESS.

• Wow
Reactions: Wrassler17
NOTICE OF DEFENDANT'S INTENT TO USE EVIDENCE OF THE COMPLAINING WITNESSES'S PREVIOUS SEXUAL CONDUCT

AJ and his attorney are going that route huh? Shocking.

NOTICE OF DEFENDANT'S INTENT TO USE EVIDENCE OF THE COMPLAINING WITNESSES'S PREVIOUS SEXUAL CONDUCT

AJ and his attorney are going that route huh? Shocking.
Appears so, also going after her cell phone. Pretty clear his defense is gonna be it was all consensual and she does with others. Guessing they will make it plain to her that her life will be subject to public discussion with vigorous attention to detail.

If he is found guilty of the crimes, what is the worst that could happen to him? Years in prison? On a sexual predator list for life? Huge fine?

Mods or anybody, is there an ignore thread option on this platform? The whole thing is gross and a shame and I'm tired of getting reminded about it. I mean I know it'll get discussed forever on Intermat and Flo but this is supposed to be a safe space, goshdarnit lol

Mods or anybody, is there an ignore thread option on this platform? The whole thing is gross and a shame and I'm tired of getting reminded about it. I mean I know it'll get discussed forever on Intermat and Flo but this is supposed to be a safe space, goshdarnit lol
For sure, it’s called don’t click on it

Reactions: Wrassler17
I am reading some of these posts and I think it is entertaining. The charges were dismissed! Makes you wonder if they were dismissed earlier or not even brought on him, would he still be with OSU? And if he was and won his second national title, most of you doing the bashing would be totally fine with it. That is what is entertaining. I hope that he ends up somewhere and adds to a very successful wrestling career.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I am reading some of these posts and I think it is entertaining. The charges were dismissed! Makes you wonder if they were dismissed earlier or not even brought on him, would he still be with OSU? And if he was and won his second national title, most of you doing the bashing would be totally fine with it. That is what is entertaining. I hope that he ends up somewhere and adds to a very successful wrestling career.
Sure thing AJ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT