ADVERTISEMENT

After Yesterday’s Disappointment

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
Is it fair to say Ron DeSantis is now the de facto leader of the Republican Party and Donald Trump is old news? Will the MAGA faithful switch loyalty to the clear Republican winner of the night? I’m not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I’m curious what they’re thinking now that DJT has been so thoroughly repudiated.

How will Trump react (or over-react)? Will he see the writing on the wall and step aside gracefully? Or will he take a sledgehammer to the party?

Trump definately took a huge hit last night. With DeSantis's double digit win last night he becomes the front runner and Trump becomes baggage.

Reactions: AC2020
Trumps probably toast, but aside from libs mental health his effect on things is exaggerated imo. To me the biggest takeaway was things like Pa electing a stroked out caveman from the party of inflation, open borders, and burning cities over a “bad candidate,” yet I never saw any details on why Oz was a bad candidate….very telling to me that it probably doesn’t matter if it’s trump or desantis, reps are going down in 2024 more than likely.

Reactions: windriverrange
I have to say I am disappointed but at the same time I am a firm believer in the country gets the government it deserves. Evidently people haven't suffered enough under Biden and the Democrats destruction of the country. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

I have to say I am disappointed but at the same time I am a firm believer in the country gets the government it deserves. Evidently people haven't suffered enough under Biden and the Democrats destruction of the country. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.
Look, there's a certain percentage of the population that will vote dems, regardless of how clueless their agenda is. There's a certain percentage of the population that will vote repub. regardless of simple they are part of the time. It's the middle, many of whom are clueless females that move left and right. In this election, the abortion issue took on a larger role. In another time, the economy and the absolute idiocy of Biden and the dems agenda would have really caused a red wave.

• Haha
Reactions: Been Jammin
Look, there's a certain percentage of the population that will vote dems, regardless of how clueless their agenda is. There's a certain percentage of the population that will vote repub. regardless of simple they are part of the time. It's the middle, many of whom are clueless females that move left and right. In this election, the abortion issue took on a larger role. In another time, the economy and the absolute idiocy of Biden and the dems agenda would have really caused a red wave.

Like I said in another thread, people haven't suffered enough to come to their senses. When they start complaining about their standard of living declining, not being able to afford whatever and their sending their kids off to fight in some BS war we can always look them in the eye and say well at least you get to kill innocent, defenseless unborn babies.

DeSantis is the Republicans only chance, but IMO Trump announces he's running next week and wins the primary fairly easily.

• Haha
Is it fair to say Ron DeSantis is now the de facto leader of the Republican Party and Donald Trump is old news? Will the MAGA faithful switch loyalty to the clear Republican winner of the night? I’m not trying to rub salt in the wound, but I’m curious what they’re thinking now that DJT has been so thoroughly repudiated.

How will Trump react (or over-react)? Will he see the writing on the wall and step aside gracefully? Or will he take a sledgehammer to the party?
These are big questions.

DeSantis v. Trump will be epic.

With Stitt looking for a way in, too.

Trump definately took a huge hit last night. With DeSantis's double digit win last night he becomes the front runner and Trump becomes baggage.
DeSantis is going to have to pass Trump in the polls in order to be declared the front runner. DeSantis still has a ways to go on this.

Not to mention what Trump does if he loses the nomination ("stolen"?) to DeSantis.

Like I said in another thread, people haven't suffered enough to come to their senses.
Perhaps "people" aren't suffering as much as you think and/or, maybe, they aren't blaming Biden and the Democrats for everything that isn't great right now, like you are. Maybe they see the good too. And maybe Republicans are doing a lousy job of presenting an acceptable alternative.

Perhaps "people" aren't suffering as much as you think and/or, maybe, they aren't blaming Biden and the Democrats for everything that isn't great right now, like you are. Maybe they see the good too. And maybe Republicans are doing a lousy job of presenting an acceptable alternative.
The Trump wing is destroying it.

Trump and the evangelicals got their way and now it's killing them. These results in a midterm with Biden's numbers.... wow. Imagine if this wasn't a midterm w Biden. This should've been a generational swing to red.

Oh they haven't begun to suffer. Gas prices have been artificially lowered, the Northeast is facing energy shortages, food prices will continue to rise, the economy is headed for a recession, China poised to invade Taiwan, millions of illegals with their hands out crossing the border taking up massive amounts of resources along with more negatives and rising crimes rates. Democrats have no solutions for any of it as they caused it all. Democrat voters voted for all of it and they can't blame Republicans as they had a polar opposite message. Lets see how they like the next two years.

Reactions: AC2020
Oh they haven't begun to suffer. Gas prices have been artificially lowered, the Northeast is facing energy shortages, food prices will continue to rise, the economy is headed for a recession, China poised to invade Taiwan, millions of illegals with their hands out crossing the border taking up massive amounts of resources along with more negatives and rising crimes rates. Democrats have no solutions for any of it as they caused it all. Democrat voters voted for all of it and they can't blame Republicans as they had a polar opposite message. Lets see how they like the next two years.
In a way the Republicans may have dodged a bullet. Most economists are predicting a massive economic downturn in 2023. The Democrats, along with the MSM, would pin the blame on a new Republican majority. Now if (when) it happens they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Trumps probably toast, but aside from libs mental health his effect on things is exaggerated imo. To me the biggest takeaway was things like Pa electing a stroked out caveman from the party of inflation, open borders, and burning cities over a “bad candidate,” yet I never saw any details on why Oz was a bad candidate….very telling to me that it probably doesn’t matter if it’s trump or desantis, reps are going down in 2024 more than likely.

Much will depend on how trump behaves to try & push Walker across the finish line on 12/6. I tend to agree though that he could never have accomplished in Florida what DeSantis has.

Oz was a flipping horrible candidate....a carpet bagging, yankee who moved to the state simply to run for office. I suspect him being a famous doctor & moving to PA at the last minute didn't help either. Horrible, terrible stupid pick & endorsement.

As far as MAGA people deserting trump, MAGA was created by trump but it is certainly bigger than trump now. The ideal still stands as a legitimate rallying cry for candidates I think, though trumps time has come & gone now. He turned on the light so that people could see the path but now he needs to get TF out of the way!

One other point, I'm against abortion & don't think the government should have every been involved in this to start with. Every one of those candidates should have made it clear they are not for a national abortion ban, won't vote for one & that the right to have one is entirely up to the states & their voters.

Last point. the turtle needs to be deposited into one of Gundy's farm ponds & that montone, jive talking, useless turd McCarthy needs to go as far as leadership positions. My God they are useless there are times I watch them on television & they are so unmotivating & lack any inflection I find it hard to believe they even buy into what they are saying.

The map in 2024 is much more favorable as the D's have many more seats to protect....but the idiot "R's" better get this figured out & start right now laying the wood on those fools.

PS Bearcat....your sir are entirely correct, some people are in need of a serious elevation in their misery level. That so many people appear to be worried about abortion more than putting food on the table or driving to work is a monumental testament to the media & their prolific scare tactics.

This Shapiro thread sums up most of my thoughts. Trump’s, IMO, poison and the Rs need to rid him from the party. I don’t love DeSantis, but it’s pretty telling he won so handily and didn’t have any Trump help (was actually made fun of him days before). He’s clearly the way forward for the party, not Trump.

Reactions: AC2020 and blbronco
Democrat voters voted for all of it
Not just Democrats, according to the exit polls.

Your narrative just isn't valid anymore. Time for you to recalibrate with your propagandists. Since we know you aren't going to engage in any serious self-reflection about the lies and misrepresentations you embrace.

Democrats have no solutions for any of it
Democrats have plenty of solutions. Some have been passed and others have been put forward.

Republicans are the ones with no solutions. All they have is complaining. All you do is complain and whine. And this didn't work out too well for you right-wingers this election cycle.

Not just Democrats, according to the exit polls.

Your narrative just isn't valid anymore. Time for you to recalibrate with your propagandists. Since we know you aren't going to engage in any serious self-reflection about the lies and misrepresentations you embrace.

Democrats have plenty of solutions. Some have been passed and others have been put forward.

Republicans are the ones with no solutions. All they have is complaining. All you do is complain and whine. And this didn't work out too well for you right-wingers this election cycle.

Really Democrats have plenty of solutions? Where have they been over the last two years? Lets see, shut down drilling, create massive regulations on oil production and refining, no cash bail, massive government spending based on lies (ie Inflation Reduction Act) LMFAO, promoting sexual perversions in our public schools, billions of dollars in foreign aide to support a war against Russia, depleting our own supply of military weapons, millions of illegals coming across the border with no way to support themselves but government handouts. Yea those Democrat policies are some great solutions if your goal is to weaken and destroy the country.

This Shapiro thread sums up most of my thoughts. Trump’s, IMO, poison and the Rs need to rid him from the party. I don’t love DeSantis, but it’s pretty telling he won so handily and didn’t have any Trump help (was actually made fun of him days before). He’s clearly the way forward for the party, not Trump.
I agree with much of this. IMO, the non-stop MAGA, screaming “stolen election, abortion, and a few vocal outliers (bobert, greene) in areas that were not bright red led to the disappointment. The GOP out-crazied the crazy left. DeSantis provided a great gameplan that if the GOP has any brains (ha!!!!!), they will follow. Detach themselves from Trump (his ego will make that popcorn worthy), go with a more DeSantis-like abortion approach (I would argue 18-20 weeks, but that is another topic), and calm down. Let the crazies on the left show their crazy, don’t go toe to toe with them. They are better at it, and will win every time. The next 2 years are going to be a ride.

Reactions: JimmyBob and SSS!!!
I agree with much of this. IMO, the non-stop MAGA, screaming “stolen election, abortion, and a few vocal outliers (bobert, greene) in areas that were not bright red led to the disappointment. The GOP out-crazied the crazy left. DeSantis provided a great gameplan that if the GOP has any brains (ha!!!!!), they will follow. Detach themselves from Trump (his ego will make that popcorn worthy), go with a more DeSantis-like abortion approach (I would argue 18-20 weeks, but that is another topic), and calm down. Let the crazies on the left show their crazy, don’t go toe to toe with them. They are better at it, and will win every time. The next 2 years are going to be a ride.
Inflation, energy prices, open borders, Russia/China tensions….and people are talking about annoying maga people, .last time it was trump mean tweets, next time it will be something else. They have effectively turned focus away from delivering results to the people.

I agree with much of it as well. I think he is right that many of the candidates put out by the Republicans were weak. But it's not like the Democrats had spellbinder candidates. Do you suppose his victory in PA will put Fetterman in the mix for the 2024 Democrat nomination?

Reactions: blbronco
I agree with much of it as well. I think he is right that many of the candidates put out by the Republicans were weak. But it's not like the Democrats had spellbinder candidates. Do you suppose his victory in PA will put Fetterman in the mix for the 2024 Democrat nomination?
I can’t explain Fetterman outside of, Oz was the worst possible candidate, apparently. That one was a legitimate cripple fight.

Reactions: windriverrange
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT