ADVERTISEMENT

Addiction

dtspoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2003
I'm addicted to guns. I've got a buddy who keeps three or four and when he buys one he sells one.

So, how many of you accumulate? I literally keep every gun and the only guns I've ever lost were some that I had stolen years ago (4).

I would love to keep every gun I buy, but it just isn't an option financially for me to do that currently. I'm pretty much buy a gun, sell a gun. I only buy used, usually from private individuals. Love buying used guns, they hold their value really well. When you buy used only, if you don't like it you can always get your money back out of it easy, sometimes you can make a little on the exchange. Bought a Buckmark Camper with 2 mags for $225 the other day. Had the box, manual, etc. Like new. Receipt in the box, the guy had given $300 for it last year. Runs like a champ on Federal Bulk 22LR, definitely a permanent keeper.
This post was edited on 2/2 2:43 PM by BigBobBarker

I pretty much buy one/sell one, but most of my purchases anymore are really upgrades. I'll sell a Remington to buy a custom something or another. Then again, I already have at least 35 of the bastards laying around the house, as it is.

I cannot imagine selling a gun period. I just keep the ones I have and buy a new one. Strange maybe as I know others who trade frequently but I am just an accumulator I guess.

I used to be an accumulator but recently I have been selling a few and upgrading my collection. Once I ran out of room in my safe I started parting with a few that hold no sentimental value. The only exception was selling my first Colt 1911 I bought when I turned 21. I loved that gun but wanted to change my two primary handguns to H&K usp's. So I got a .45 then sold my Sig 228 for a USP compact. Shortly after I sold my pocket .380 and my home defense shotgun for an officer's model Colt 1911. I need a good, reliable, accurate, hard hitting everyday carry gun and I also needed a Colt in my arsenal. Since my boy just turned two, I made the decision that all guns must be in a safe, so the bedside shotgun had to go.

Now I am selling a refurbished Browning Superposed (Over/Under) in hopes of getting either another Benelli or maybe a few suppressors.

I'll never sell the sentimental guns, but I do have a wish list that I like to work towards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT