ADVERTISEMENT

About The Second Impeachment And The Republicans Who Voted For It

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
It is the rare politician who utters a word or takes a stand without first knowing in advance what will be the reaction by the people in his district. Things are field tested and vetted, often to the exact words to be used and the tenor of the voice using them.

So I am somewhat perplexed by the Republicans who voted in favor of impeachment the second time. I would have thought such an action would be political suicide, and we all know the last thing a politician is is suicidal about the gravy train he rides.

But these people voted for impeachment of the titular leader of their party with only a few days left before he was to be ousted anyway. So what gives? What do these people know that I don’t know? There is no way they would have voted the way they did unless they were certain it would benefit them personally. I find it baffling.

Does anybody have an idea of why they would stab Trump in the back and twist the knife for good measure?

• Haha
Reactions: Been Jammin
Purple districts is pretty much all I can offer. Although that's clearly not the case in Wyoming.

If there's any upside to this, it's nice to see Democrats finally claim their love for America today.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
It is the rare politician who utters a word or takes a stand without first knowing in advance what will be the reaction by the people in his district. Things are field tested and vetted, often to the exact words to be used and the tenor of the voice using them.

So I am somewhat perplexed by the Republicans who voted in favor of impeachment the second time. I would have thought such an action would be political suicide, and we all know the last thing a politician is is suicidal about the gravy train he rides.

But these people voted for impeachment of the titular leader of their party with only a few days left before he was to be ousted anyway. So what gives? What do these people know that I don’t know? There is no way they would have voted the way they did unless they were certain it would benefit them personally. I find it baffling.

Does anybody have an idea of why they would stab Trump in the back and twist the knife for good measure?
You answered your own question. What is in it for them? These are Romney or old guard Republicans. They want thier party back. The problem for them is they may be too late to get it back. But you never know. They think that by killing Trump you kill the populist movement. I guess we will see, but all indications are they just insured that they get primaried.

Made a new meme for the dims new low yesterday.
ErrFjkgW4AA_-Rs

everyone but a few understand it's meaningless waste and give it no credence. Dems are happy wasting time and money. It's just going to get worse.

If we had independence of thought, the real question is not that some Republicans voted for it that is not a surprise, but that no Democrat voted against it.

For the most part everyone still is in binary mode. The 3rd option and the one that might show bipartisanship would be to censure him. That was the only option that had a chance of full bipartisan support and a chance to maybe show some willingness to lower the temperature and try to heal.

Business as usual and all Congress is doing is raising the temperature on class warfare. Congress rhetoric in totality is as bad as what Trump said. They all need to go. They are more interested in telling the other side what a piece of shit they are. They can only look at the past and try to leverage the most political gain instead of looking forward and getting out of this cycle of political warfare.

Last edited:
You answered your own question. What is in it for them? These are Romney or old guard Republicans. They want thier party back. The problem for them is they may be too late to get it back. But you never know. They think that by killing Trump you kill the populist movement. I guess we will see, but all indications are they just insured that they get primaried.

Shows that there are numerous Republicans that don't get why Trump has or had the support he did. There were numerous Republicans that were happy to campaign on Trump's coat tails but once they were elected and no longer needed him in typical politician mode they turned on him. Conservative will not forget and will make sure to give them a tough primary. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

First impeachment made in bad faith. Second impeachment just a waste of time.

On the first, it made sense for no republican to support. The second one, republicans taking a gamble. What they do not realize is no matter how they vote, the Dems will still associate them with Trump. If Trump goes away quietly (haha, yea, right), it backfires on both the Dems and the GOP that vote to impeach. If Trump stays in the limelight, and is helped by other GOPers, it may be a good strategy for the Dems, but the Dems will still throw the impeachment-supporting GOPers under the bus.

Next election might open the door for some Libertarian or other third party candidates to start planning now for serious runs. If only....

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I think to project what might happen 2 to 4 years down the road right now is impossible to project. So much could happen.

Going to be interesting to see what if any of these differences in governing ends up at SCOTUS, how they rule, and what the fall out of that is. If things do not fall Dems way do they try to stack SCOTUS?

There is so much that could happen. There is so much that could further piss of the more moderates in each party that might reach critical mass and be the real deciders in elections.

No telling what happens in the next few months.

All I know is ratcheting up the rhetoric and hence more violence is not serving the American public.

Last edited:
Reactions: blbronco

They were promised by Dims that they would let them jump on the China Gravy Train.

Reactions: iasooner1
I think to project what might happen 2 to 4 years down the road right now is impossible to project. So much could happen.

Going to be interesting to see what if any of these differences in governing ends up at SCOTUS, how they rule, and what the fall out of that is. If things do not fall Dems way do they try to stack SCOTUS?

There is so much that could happen. There is so much that could further piss of the more moderates in each party that might reach critical mass and be the real deciders in elections.

No telling what happens in the next few months.

All I know is ratcheting up the rhetoric and hence more violence is not serving the American public.

You can bet the dims won't stop with the rhetoric it gets results and they never have to answer for it. They impeached Trump for the same thing only he didn't say what they accused him of

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT