ADVERTISEMENT

A Powerful Republican Senator Defies DJT

Looks like the old checks and balances thing is still working just fine despite your hand wringing.

Reactions: AC_Exotic
I feel confident I have never wrung my hands over checks and balances. Prayed for them to kick in, but never disapproved of them. That would be plain stupid!
No you’ve wrung your hands constantly that Trump was bypassing the built in checks and balances with executive over reach. This is just the latest example of where your pearl clutching was needless.

One month, just one month I'd like to see Trump run this country WITHOUT any interference from his myriad of foes.
Wishful thinking. I’m sure loyalists of every president that has ever lived would say the same thing. It’s an attitude that begs for a ruler, completely contrary to the notion of checks and balances. You might want to rethink your desire.

No you’ve wrung your hands constantly that Trump was bypassing the built in checks and balances with executive over reach. This is just the latest example of where your pearl clutching was needless.
I suppose we have a different perspective on what constitutes hand wringing. I disapprove of any president attempting to bypass the checks and balances written into our governmental charter. That’s a disapproval I’ve had since at least JFK. Do I detect you disapprove only when it’s anyone other than Trump?

I suppose we have a different perspective on what constitutes hand wringing. I disapprove of any president attempting to bypass the checks and balances written into our governmental charter. That’s a disapproval I’ve had since at least JFK. Do I detect you disapprove only when it’s anyone other than Trump?
Nope. I’m just confident in the built in checks and balances and know that Trump hasn’t attempted to bypass anything.

At the time I think you were all a gape that Trump was unilaterally reworking the NAFTA agreement. My response was wake me when the Senate ratifies it. You were all worried about how he was over reaching and bypassing congress.

I just know that the process takes time.

At the time I think you were all a gape that Trump was unilaterally reworking the NAFTA agreement. My response was wake me when the Senate ratifies it. You were all worried about how he was over reaching and bypassing congress.

I just know that the process takes time.
Good for you!

It does feel good to be proven right.
Sorry. Right as I wrote that I saw the rain had let up enough to allow me to make a mad dash to my car without getting drenched. Let me continue.

I think it’s fine that you can be cavalier when DJT attempts to skirt conventional practice, and assume normal checks and balances will put him in his place. I wonder if you felt that way when Obama announced he had a pen and would govern via executive order. Frankly, if you wanted to see me wring my hands that was the time to observe!

I understand that you and many others like you are so sold on DJT that you find it unbearable to see any criticism directed his way. I completely agree that he was a godsend that kept us from a Hillary Clinton coronation. And I get it that he has faced unprecedented criticism from the left, virtually all of it undeserved.

But he’s not without sin, as it were, and when he makes a blunder he deserves to be called out for it. No one on this board has defended him against the Russian collusion baloney with more passion than me. My arguments with Syskatine and Pokeabear make our disputes look tame. But when he makes a mistake, at least in my opinion, I’m gonna call him out for it. His unilateral imposition of tariffs are a mistake, IMO. If you perceive my disapproval as hand wringing I guess there’s nothing I can do about it. But one thing I promise you: unlike you and many others on this board I do not view him as infallible or above criticism. You probably should keep me on ignore if you find criticism of him to be triggering.

I wonder if you felt that way when Obama announced he had a pen and would govern via executive order.
I thought it was a dumb way to try to govern as it wouldn't last because it was so easily undone.

I think it’s fine that you can be cavalier when DJT attempts to skirt conventional practice,
Except I'm not being cavalier. I just know the institutions in place from the founding of our country won't allow him to bypass anything. And all the stuff you were crying about were things that prior congresses wrote into law and he was simply exercising the authority granted to him. He wasn't bypassing anything. If he does, it gets blocked until adjudicated. I'm not going to decry letting the process work which you seem to do at every turn.

I understand that you and many others like you are so sold on DJT that you find it unbearable to see any criticism directed his way.
Actually no. You are wrong again but don't let that stop your passive aggressiveness. I criticize Trump all the time. Just not over the stupid crap you seem to get up in arms with. And I sure don't think he's violating the tenants of our democracy - like you constantly indicate.

I think he tariff position is also a mistake, at least in the long term. If he uses them as a short term lever to gain negotiation power for a long term agreement then great. I can live with that. I just disagree with you that him doing so is tantamount to violating the constitution or being the ruination of our economy. So far, I'm much more correct than you about the impacts.

And I'll go ahead and put you back on ignore since your passive aggressive style of posting is stupid. But I'm not triggered. I just think you are an idiot that cries wolf at every shadow.

One trick ponies are boring. You exhausted your one trick months ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT