ADVERTISEMENT

A popular prayer books contains a shocking plea to God

windriverrange

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2008
Catoosa

Some tidbits......
Given Walker-Barnes’s bio, perhaps the opening paragraph in her “Prayer of a Weary Black Woman” shouldn’t be a surprise:
Dear God,

Dear God,

"Please help me to hate White people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist."

"My prayer is that you would help me to hate the other White people – you know, the nice ones. The Fox News-loving, Trump-supporting voters who “don’t see color” but who make thinly veiled racist comments about “those people.” The people who are happy to have me over for dinner but alert the neighborhood watch anytime an unrecognized person of color passes their house. The people who welcome Black people in their churches and small groups but brand us as heretics if we suggest that Christianity is concerned with the poor and the oppressed. The people who politely tell us that we can leave when we call out the racial microaggressions we experience in their ministries."

Poor Dr Seuss, such a fiend. Just wondering if target would carry a book like this if it was whitey exposing the same things about blacks?

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
There are millions of people willing to treat black people special because of their skin color. Find them and embrace them if that’s what you want.

Some tidbits......
Given Walker-Barnes’s bio, perhaps the opening paragraph in her “Prayer of a Weary Black Woman” shouldn’t be a surprise:
Dear God,

Dear God,

"Please help me to hate White people. Or at least to want to hate them. At least, I want to stop caring about them, individually and collectively. I want to stop caring about their misguided, racist souls, to stop believing that they can be better, that they can stop being racist."

"My prayer is that you would help me to hate the other White people – you know, the nice ones. The Fox News-loving, Trump-supporting voters who “don’t see color” but who make thinly veiled racist comments about “those people.” The people who are happy to have me over for dinner but alert the neighborhood watch anytime an unrecognized person of color passes their house. The people who welcome Black people in their churches and small groups but brand us as heretics if we suggest that Christianity is concerned with the poor and the oppressed. The people who politely tell us that we can leave when we call out the racial microaggressions we experience in their ministries."

Poor Dr Seuss, such a fiend. Just wondering if target would carry a book like this if it was whitey exposing the same things about blacks?
Her soul is very, very sick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT